Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 07:16 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times

Advertisements

We gave them the power in the House and then they turn around and say this crap??

Bachus warns of banking 'mass exodus' - Nov. 5, 2010

I like the Volcker rule... it evens the playing field FOR investors, not big corporations which profit from it... if they even try to reverse it, I will vote them out of office... its making me start to think that Democrats are better than Republicans with crap like this...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 07:23 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
evil---
Did you ever think the big financial institutions and money center banks were ever concerned with either their depositors or their small share holders? Never were and never will be.

We have guaranteed a massive financial failure by removing the risk for the Big Banks and making loss a certainly for the rest of us.

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
We gave them the power in the House and then they turn around and say this crap??

I like the Volcker rule... it evens the playing field FOR investors, not big corporations which profit from it... if they even try to reverse it, I will vote them out of office... its making me start to think that Democrats are better than Republicans with crap like this...

Please explain to me how banks can adhere to the Volker rule and make markets? They can't.

14,076 posts, read 20,535,499 times
You're surprised that one of their first orders of business is to make life easier for their banking buddies?

Why?

Old 11-05-2010, 07:26 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,304,767 times
Quote:

Are you surprised? The Republicans are the Party of big business. Why do you think they funded so many Tea Party candidates’ campaigns. Now these people have to repay the favors for these campaign contributions.

Corporate America used the Tea Party as a Trojan horse to get back power in Congress.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:31 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Please explain to me how banks can adhere to the Volker rule and make markets? They can't.
They don't need to... banks primary responsibility is to make loans not make investments for money that only goes to them... investors are short-changed in this market because the big players get there "first" and are the "first" ones to leave... I invest a lot and I know how the system works, they take all the risks AND "make" the situation risky and then get bailed out with OTHER people's money... The Volcker rule was meant to protect investors and the market... it was designed to limit the "usage" of other people's money by the Big Banks cause it was never was the banks money to use in this manner...

Old 11-05-2010, 07:42 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
They don't need to... banks primary responsibility is to make loans not make investments for money that only goes to them... investors are short-changed in this market because the big players get there "first" and are the "first" ones to leave... I invest a lot and I know how the system works, they take all the risks AND "make" the situation risky and then get bailed out with OTHER people's money... The Volcker rule was meant to protect investors and the market... it was designed to limit the "usage" of other people's money by the Big Banks cause it was never was the banks money to use in this manner...

Do you have a clue as to what "make markets " means? You clearly have no idea what the Volker rule s either. Investment banks do not use depositors money to trade their accounts. Nor do they make loans (other than margin, stc.) .

If you want to sell a stock in a illiquid market, how are you goig to sell it? That's right a market maker (investment bank) buys it. If they can't trade they can't make markets and you are stuck with a stock you can't sell. Happy now?

Old 11-05-2010, 07:49 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
"Investment banks do not use depositor’s money to trade their accounts." - shorebaby

Whose money do they use?

You can sell any stock if you drop the price low enough. Same goes for houses or anything else. Remember profits are NOT guaranteed unless you are big enough to get government backing.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:51 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Quote:

RepubliCorp doesn't care about you

Old 11-05-2010, 07:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
You're surprised that one of their first orders of business is to make life easier for their banking buddies?

Why?

All the risk, yet guaranteed no reward?

You have no clue what gambling is.
Wall Street and the investment banks are nothing short of Las Vegas.

You know the risk when you get involved. It is the loss that there was a risk of that has everyone in a huff. The insiders made a killing, not the banks. They were in total control(Barney Frank) and knew when to dump the junk and run. It was a big set up(orchestrated by Barney Frank)

Let the banks crash if that is what they were involved in. There were many many banks that were strong as ever, the government dissolved to stiffen the bigger banks, that took the higher risk. The selective winners were chosen by the government, not the people and it scr*wed everything up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies