Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 08:41 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times

Advertisements

You can't rely on politicians to tell you the truth.

The politicians did not tell us about the dot com bubble nor did they tell us about the housing bubble...that is until it had already popped and then they either said there was no way to know or blamed it on the other side.

Here is a clue that you are investing in a bubble that is just about to pop. If any decision you make regarding an investment in a certain area is the right one...you are investing in a bubble. In the Dot Com bubble, just about any Dot Com stock was going up in value no matter what stock it was and not matter that the company was not making any money. Big clue that bubble is about to burst.

In the housing market, most homes were overpriced and continueing to go in value irrespective of how many homes were being built every single day. Big clue if on average home prices are going up no matter how much you overpaid...you are investing in a bubble.

I have been looking for the new bubble. It probably is gold now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 08:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You can't rely on politicians to tell you the truth.

The politicians did not tell us about the dot com bubble nor did they tell us about the housing bubble...that is until it had already popped and then they either said there was no way to know or blamed it on the other side.

Here is a clue that you are investing in a bubble that is just about to pop. If any decision you make regarding an investment in a certain area is the right one...you are investing in a bubble. In the Dot Com bubble, just about any Dot Com stock was going up in value no matter what stock it was and not matter that the company was not making any money. Big clue that bubble is about to burst.

In the housing market, most homes were overpriced and continueing to go in value irrespective of how many homes were being built every single day. Big clue if on average home prices are going up no matter how much you overpaid...you are investing in a bubble.

I have been looking for the new bubble. It probably is gold now.
I'd agree with paper gold. Be careful though declaring commodities as bubbles..there is the paper trading that can bring on bubbles and then there is the physical commodity which may be in short supply. Understand the difference.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:53 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'd agree with paper gold. Be careful though declaring commodities as bubbles..there is the paper trading that can bring on bubbles and then there is the physical commodity which may be in short supply. Understand the difference.
I understand the difference and I did not say either was definitly a bubble, but I would be hesitant in investing in anything that everyone says is going up in price. That is the key. The key with these bubbles is to be the first one in...example Gold. Even a commodity such as gold which is in short supply. The early investors buy a lot and it at market price...then EVERYONE heres about it and buy at inflated prices, and then the original investors dump and push down the prices. The last on board lose! The early investors buy a lot and they want EVERYONE to hear about the great gains because they can dump make a profit and then buy again when it drops back down. The average consumer is normally the person who enters late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies