Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 09:14 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I've never heard the press question the cost of a trip by

Presdient John F, Kennedy

President Lyndon B. Johnson

President Richard Nixon

President Gerald R. Ford

President Jimmy Carter

President Ronald Reagan

Presdient George H. W. Bush

President Bill Clinton

President George W. Bush Jr.

Now we get to President Barack H. Obama and alll of a sudden a news source of dubious quality puts out a story about President Obama's trip WITH NO FACT CHECKING.

So the queston is WHAT IS THE MOTIVE FOR PUTTING OUT A STORY LIKE THIS WITHOUT CHECKING THE FACTS?
You won't get a truthful answer, considering that this outrage is based on a lie.

Last edited by Factsplease; 11-05-2010 at 09:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 09:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
I've never heard the press question the cost of a trip by

Presdient John F, Kennedy

President Lyndon B. Johnson

President Richard Nixon

President Gerald R. Ford

President Jimmy Carter

President Ronald Reagan

Presdient George H. W. Bush
I skipped a bunch on your list, simply because I wasnt around at the time
Quote:
President Bill Clinton
Someone should tell you that there were LOTS of questions raised about the Clintons traveling expenses.. In particularly, Hillary, and Chelsea trips..
Quote:
President George W. Bush Jr.
Again, questions were raised for Bushs trips also.. In particular, when he made a trip to China..
Quote:
Now we get to President Barack H. Obama and alll of a sudden a news source of dubious quality puts out a story about President Obama's trip WITH NO FACT CHECKING.

So the queston is WHAT IS THE MOTIVE FOR PUTTING OUT A STORY LIKE THIS WITHOUT CHECKING THE FACTS?
Considering the source of the story comes from India.. Where they are non "white".. its just more evidence of you rambling on and on and on about alleged racism..

Has any of them sent 34 warships though to foreign countries while they visit? That can get very very expensive, but I guess the only possible reason for questioning the cost of a trip is racism..

Give it a rest.. I'm getting so sick and tired of hearing the left moan about the right for doing the exact same thing the left did to previous administrations, and then claiming its due to racism..

Old 11-05-2010, 09:48 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,198,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Has any of them sent 34 warships though to foreign countries while they visit? That can get very very expensive, but I guess the only possible reason for questioning the cost of a trip is racism..

Give it a rest.. I'm getting so sick and tired of hearing the left moan about the right for doing the exact same thing the left did to previous administrations, and then claiming its due to racism..
Seems the 34 warship story is, according to Geoff Morrell of the Pentagon, "comical". Not that is stopped anyone from repeating it and in a year from now, there will still be people saying that Obama had 34 warships sailing with him.

Will 34 warships accompany Obama to India? - The Rumor Doctor - Stripes
Quote:
Sure enough, there are not 34 ships – and there isn’t an aircraft carrier – supporting the president’s trip, said a defense official, who declined to provide any information on security measures for presidential trips.

Pentagon press secretary Geoff Morrell called the notion of sending so many warships to protect the president “comical.”

Old 11-05-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
I skipped a bunch on your list, simply because I wasnt around at the time

Someone should tell you that there were LOTS of questions raised about the Clintons traveling expenses.. In particularly, Hillary, and Chelsea trips..

Again, questions were raised for Bushs trips also.. In particular, when he made a trip to China..

Considering the source of the story comes from India.. Where they are non "white".. its just more evidence of you rambling on and on and on about alleged racism..

The lie about the cost and the lie about 34 warships has been debunked many times over. The real question is, why did several Fox News network commentators, Michele Bachmann and Rush Limbaugh lie all day yesterday and repeat this story over and over again without ever checking the facts? Their is a difference between asking a question and telling a straight up lie. When did it become the norm for a cable news network, Conservative radio hosts and a Congress woman to spread rumours and lies and pass off information as if it is factual? At least MSNBC and CNN checked the facts and reported them. 200 million a day doesn't make sense at all. He as approximately 1,000 people with him. It would take 50,000 to reach that number based on previous presidential trrips. The people spreading this lies have a motive and an agenda and should be thanking the idiot peasants who work to further the agenda while they sit in their ivory towers.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Seems the 34 warship story is, according to Geoff Morrell of the Pentagon, "comical". Not that is stopped anyone from repeating it and in a year from now, there will still be people saying that Obama had 34 warships sailing with him.

Will 34 warships accompany Obama to India? - The Rumor Doctor - Stripes
Thanks for the links.. That sounds better than whats been reported everywhere..

Old 11-05-2010, 09:55 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,472,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Matthews: Isn’t it kind of racist to worry about the cost of Obama’s India trip? « Hot Air

Ah, got to love it. Not only had Obama, Pelosi, and the Dems not learned a thing from the election, neither have the ones who get "tingles" over O.

So just a reminder, dont ever, ever even think of questioning anything about what Obama does or says. After all, Matthews and the left will have to wonder out loud how racist you are for daring to ask questions.
Well considering the entire "outrage" was based on nothing but a pack of outrageous lies, what else would you conclude? The ridiculousness of the GOP to attack Obama has no bounds, and after a while you're only left to draw one conclusion (other than the fact that the Republican party is absolutely insane.)

Old 11-05-2010, 10:06 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,198,730 times
Quote:
Thanks for the links.. That sounds better than whats been reported everywhere..
yw

I do agree with his assessment though.

Quote:
“I will say I think $200 million a day does sound pretty over the top,” he said. “Yes, it is several million dollars for the president to be somewhere overseas. …. But $200 million is way, way out of line. That figure is in line with – how much does it cost to secure an Olympic site for two weeks or a summit?”

Old 11-05-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
The lie about the cost and the lie about 34 warships has been debunked many times over. The real question is, why did Fox News network commentators, Michele Bachmann and Rush Limbaugh lie all day yesterday and repeat this story over and over again without ever checking the facts? Their is a difference between asking a question and telling a straight up lie.
Obviously the only reason why commentators "lied" all day is because they hate black people. Clearly of course ignoring the fact that previous presidents have also been questioned about traveling expenses. Tell me, do you share the same outrage when mediamatters, or Oldberman outright lies about the GOP? How about this kook.. You have no problem with him "lying" though because he's a Democrat..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-usmvYOPfco

You name yourself "factsplease" but clearly you ignore the fact that previous president shared the same criticism, and have come to the conclusion that obviously.. we just all hate black people...
Quote:
When did it become the norm for a cable news network, Conservative radio hosts and a Congress woman to spread rumours and lies and pass off information as if it is factual?
Talk show hosts have no obligation to do research on stories.. They are for entertainment purposes.. If you cant tell the difference, then it sucks to be you..
Quote:
At least MSNBC and CNN checked the facts and reported them.
Actually the cost was reported on CNN, Anderson Cooper 360's show. But I guess they arent racists...
As for MSNBC, they seemed to be too busy reporting on Mrs Obamas fashion sense..
Once again, first lady
Quote:
200 million a day doesn't make sense at all. He as approximately 1,000 people with him. It would take 50,000 to reach that number based on previous presidential trrips. The people spreading this lies have a motive and an agenda and should be thanking the idiot peasants who work to further the agenda while they sit in their ivory towers.
The previous reported figures were 3,000 people, which would bring the cost down to $16,000 per person, which given the high cost of security, would be believable. The cost of sending warships (again if it had been true) would have made the figures extremely believable.

All of this though is getting off topic, which is liberals whining that obviously if you question what the administration does, you are a racist.. Bull crap.. Again, Previous administrations were also questioned about the cost of their travel...

Obama is being treated like EVERY president before him, and you guys are asking that he be different.. Bull crap.. treating him differently would be racist...

Old 11-06-2010, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Obviously the only reason why commentators "lied" all day is because they hate black people. Clearly of course ignoring the fact that previous presidents have also been questioned about traveling expenses. Tell me, do you share the same outrage when mediamatters, or Oldberman outright lies about the GOP? How about this kook.. You have no problem with him "lying" though because he's a Democrat..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-usmvYOPfco

You name yourself "factsplease" but clearly you ignore the fact that previous president shared the same criticism, and have come to the conclusion that obviously.. we just all hate black people...

Talk show hosts have no obligation to do research on stories.. They are for entertainment purposes.. If you cant tell the difference, then it sucks to be you..

Actually the cost was reported on CNN, Anderson Cooper 360's show. But I guess they arent racists...
As for MSNBC, they seemed to be too busy reporting on Mrs Obamas fashion sense..
Once again, first lady

The previous reported figures were 3,000 people, which would bring the cost down to $16,000 per person, which given the high cost of security, would be believable. The cost of sending warships (again if it had been true) would have made the figures extremely believable.

All of this though is getting off topic, which is liberals whining that obviously if you question what the administration does, you are a racist.. Bull crap.. Again, Previous administrations were also questioned about the cost of their travel...

Obama is being treated like EVERY president before him, and you guys are asking that he be different.. Bull crap.. treating him differently would be racist...

First of all, there is a difference between asking a question and spreading lies. Previous presidents were questioned and criticized, but when a congress woman and cable news network spend an entire day spreading lies and blatently ignoring facts, that's extreme. The 200 million a day is incorrect and knowing this, you continue on. I have posted links to back my point up several times. No Obama is not being treated like past presidents and as for what you are saying about MSNBC, you are incorrect. Rachel Maddow had a whole segment about it on her show yesterday. I saw her show and Anderson Cooper's. As a matter of fact, they also discussed it on CNN again today and said it would take an entourage of 50,000 people for it to cost 200 million/day. Obama has approximately 1,000 with him (less than Clinton did when he want to Africa which at 5 million/day). You know this is a lie. No matter how many times the facts are presented, you refuse to see them, unless of course they work to the advantage of the delusional world of the far right where discrediting Obama is more important than the country, ethics, morals, truth, the economy and everything else.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:38 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,644,210 times
Will Chrissy go the way of KO? He's about as useless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies