Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 10:09 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,186,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Honestly? I expect a lot of grandstanding. If they're smart, the GOP has started to campaign already for 2012 by making the dems go on record as against a repeal. They're going to continue to make this about Princess Pelosi and her Sock Puppet. If any dem (or Republican for that matter) votes against repeal they will be fixing a target to their own chest.

Why does this indicate they have no plans of their own? I saw a lot of GOP proposals that were flat out ignored. Do you think the dems will vote for any that are submitted between now and then?
They weren't "flat out ignored," they were heard and then run by the CBO. None stood up to serious scrutiny. Their authors never did talk too much about them, did they? I'm sure they made sure to tell you they were ignored and thwarted, though.

To paraphrase Jim DeMint, "If the Republicans can't even come up with something valuable to shape the health ins reform act by 2012, it will be their Waterloo. It will break them."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 10:13 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,875,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No!! Really!! You didn't KNOW that there is no chance of repeal as long as dingdong sits in the White House? Aren't you aware of what it takes to override a presidential veto? I guess not.

What they can DO is starve obamacare of funds and since most of the mandates don't kick in until 2013-2014, that's just fine.

Obviously, the GOP WILL be running on repealing obamacare for 2012.
I think the GOP will be running on repeal in 2028, they are fast learners.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:19 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,589,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The Blaze writes, “The reality remains that Republicans do not have enough seats to marshal through a full repeal if Democrats remain steadfast in their support. Even if Republicans were able to sway enough Democrats to support their effort, it would face a certain veto from Obama.”

According to Fox News, “Cognizant of missing a presidential signature, Republicans are still looking at court challenges and other congressional maneuvers to stop enactment of elements of the law.”

Kentucky Senator Mitch McConnell, Minority Leader, asserts that “we’re willing to look at all the varying pieces” if Congress fails to get a veto.

Obamacare May Not Be Repealed Until 2012 (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/5119-obamacare-may-not-be-repealed-until-2012 - broken link)

Translation: We do not have the ability to compromise, let alone the creativity to come up with new plans. We didn't the last two years and we don't now. But hey, thanks for letting us and our corporate pals back inside! ! !
My fear:

The GOP congress will take a hard line on all issues and plunge the economy into a severe downturn.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:19 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
They weren't "flat out ignored," they were heard and then run by the CBO. None stood up to serious scrutiny. Their authors never did talk too much about them, did they? I'm sure they made sure to tell you they were ignored and thwarted, though.

To paraphrase Jim DeMint, "If the Republicans can't even come up with something valuable to shape the health ins reform act by 2012, it will be their Waterloo. It will break them."
Wrong..
1st, they were NOT run by the CBO
2nd, the CBO numbers were flawed because they BROKE UP THE BILL, in order to make it seem more cost effective
3rd, when the CBO numbers came out unflattering, Democrats ignored the CBO projects and still passed the bill..

I'm not sure who was dumber, those who passed the bill, or those who supported the bill..

Old 11-08-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
My fear:

The GOP congress will take a hard line on all issues and plunge the economy into a severe downturn.
yeah, same thing was projected by the Clintons.. Hillary Clinton herself claimed people would be forced to eat pet food..

The outcome.. major economic boom and balanced budgets..

Ooooh the tragedy.. we dont want that to happen again.. do we....

Old 11-08-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think the GOP will be running on repeal in 2028, they are fast learners.
yeah, because if you havent learned the disastrous effects of the plan by now.. it might take you another 20 years to figure it out.. Sucks to be you I guess..

Old 11-08-2010, 10:23 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
um.. Obama admitted this to be true.. Are you claiming I cant take obama and the Democrats at their word? Let alone the CBO reports which confirm this to be true.

Where on gods earth have you been during the whole debate about the cost of the bill
I thought this was about repealing the HC bill, but now it is all "Obama this and Obama that".

Old 11-08-2010, 10:26 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,968,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thanks for stating the obvious.. In the meantime, the government collects 3 years of excess taxes while giving no benefits back to the payers.. One big tax confiscation of Democrats using "Healthcare" as a farce..
Not necessarily. I think just like defunding the structure and implementation of Obamacare that the taxes implemented under its guise can also be kept from being implemented.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I thought this was about repealing the HC bill, but now it is all "Obama this and Obama that".
Sort of like the liberals.........Bush's fault, Bush did it, etc...eh?

Old 11-08-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
My fear:

Too late, Dems already did that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies