Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 07:36 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times

Advertisements

Who would know it best other than Michael Moore? Michael Moore tells the truth. It takes one to know one. And Moore does a great job of journalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 07:37 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy53 View Post
I tend to lean left and I even think Michael Moore is a complete whack job.

He is like a bizzaro world Bill O'reilly
No, he is far whackier than Bill. Bill is opinionated and a little bit annoying even to some Right Wingers, but he isn't running around missing around half cocked most of the time.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:37 PM

What are Michael Moore's lies exactly? lol..........he is an independent and a liberal. Therefore, he can play the right cards to get rich if he wants to and along the way he can expose all the oppressive cliques who are ruining our economy and government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
See the lefties can't site anything of substance. I point out Moores lies and the left typically engages in personal attacks. Well it is the fact that they are bereft of ideas that lead to their demise last week. All I can say is God bless Governor Scott!!!

Old 11-09-2010, 07:38 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,343 times
Quote:
See the lefties can't site anything of substance. I point out Moores lies and the left typically engages in personal attacks. Well it is the fact that they are bereft of ideas that lead to their demise last week. All I can say is God bless Governor Scott!!!

Quote:
Well yeah, he'd be great. If you want a big fat tub of lying goo for President....!!!

Old 11-09-2010, 07:38 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Michael Moore, God bless him, would make a good adviser to a President who wanted to kick ass and solve problems. He has the ideas that get attention and more importantly the guts to carry them through.

I love the guy and I'm happy he's an equal opportunity offender. Yeah, he leans Democrat, but he skewers both parties with a skill that is sorely needed in DC. He would not make a good President because he doesn't posses the finesse the job requires. He could acquire it, yes, but his personality just wouldn't fit in with all those suit-wearers.

If I were President, I would appoint him to my Administration in a PR capacity. He knows how to rally people behind causes. Unlike Karl Rove (how dare I compare the two!), he would empower people directly rather than disempower them without their conscious knowledge.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:39 PM

The only Bill I appreciate is Bill Maher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
No, he is far whackier than Bill. Bill is opinionated and a little bit annoying even to some Right Wingers, but he isn't running around missing around half cocked most of the time.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:41 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
oh some can, there are a few on here who say, no way to MM but there will always be a handful that are so narrow minded they don't even think.

Nita

Old 11-09-2010, 07:42 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post

Ah the left's art of the lie. Everyone can go back and see the link that was conveniently left out.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:44 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
What are Michael Moore's lies exactly? lol..........he is an independent and a liberal. Therefore, he can play the right cards to get rich if he wants to and along the way he can expose all the oppressive cliques who are ruining our economy and government.

Mmmm how could you paste my quote and miss this?

Michael Moore a victim of his own success

"Now a new book, "Do As I Say (Not As I Do) -- Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy," by the right-wing commentator Peter Schweizer, criticizes Moore for not living up to the high moral standards he claims to espouse. The author, a research fellow at the Hoover Institution, went through publicly available IRS documents to discover that Moore's foundation bought shares in some of the companies he has spent a career in the media attacking.
Not just a few shares either. Don't forget Moore has always said he doesn't own any stock and doesn't have a broker. But his foundation owns tens of thousands of shares in Boeing, Sonoco, Eli Lilly and Halliburton, the same defense company that "Fahrenheit 9/11" attacked for making huge profits out of rebuilding such countries as Afghanistan and Iraq after U.S. military intervention.
Even more damaging, try logging on to the Name the Hypocrite Web site and read claims that Moore, who says conservatives are racist because they don't support affirmative action, has managed to employ only three black people out of a work force of 135 working on his books, television shows and radio projects. Moore, who says Americans who live in white neighborhoods are racist, has lived for the past seven years in a waterfront home in Central Lake, Mich., a community of 2,600 residents. The 2000 Census records that the number of black people living there is zero."

Old 11-09-2010, 07:52 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
He has stated unequivocally that he has not contributed to the companies he rails against. Your link has been debunked in my opinion.

The "left is bereft of ideas" is the most exaggerated stupidity I've read in a decade.

If you want to count personal attacks, count how many people in this thread have insulted his weight and his sanity. The claims of his political positions from some of you here are so ridiculous it's sad. His television show that compared health care in Canada, the USA, and Cuba concluded that the best care at the cheapest cost was attained in Cuba. That it is a communist country is irrelevant. He didn't raise that issue, his detractors did! The network his show was on would not allow Cuba to win his contest, so he was forced to change it to show that Canada won. (Although, in hindsight, many of you only recall the Cuba sequence from Sicko which was in a way, the same kind of comparison).

The American medical establishment would never allow anyone to suggest that things could be better elsewhere, especially if it was a country that many consider an enemy. Do you think they'd want anyone knowing what they provide could be had for less? Let us not forget how capitalists can be guilty of deceit and manipulation to ensure they stay in power and profitable at any expense. I'm not defending Cuba as a whole, I'm simply saying that the facts show they can provide cheaper and better coverage for everyone while we here at home struggle with rising costs and skyrocketing profits and are unwilling to apply a tested, better solution. Oh yeah, but the left is bereft of ideas! I have to lay/lie (whichever!) on the floor now, my stomach hurts from laughing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies