Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 07:09 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,292,547 times

Advertisements

https://encrypted.google.com/url?sa=...8Ib3bDwLDqzVrg

https://encrypted.google.com/url?sa=..._PbB_vCLfLPNuA

The issue of GMO's and Monsanto's role in our food supplies is misunderstood by most people. These two articles explain why every person should be aware of what Monsanto is doing, and why.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:19 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,944,919 times
Just another example of our corrupt Government colluding with nationless corporations.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:34 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
someone's tinfoil hat is too tight....

might as well throw a line in about WalMart and chemtrails while you're at it....

Old 01-14-2015, 10:37 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

might as well throw a line in about WalMart and chemtrails while you're at it....
I agree never question the government or its motives.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:46 AM

From the link....

Quote:
The anti-GM storm gathered in the mid-80s and swept around the world. Most early alarms about new technologies fade away as research accumulates without turning up evidence of deleterious effects. This should be happening now because scientists have amassed more than three decades of research on GM biosafety, none of which has surfaced credible evidence that modifying plants by molecular techniques is dangerous. Instead, the anti-GM storm has intensified. Scientists have done their best to explain things, but they’re rather staid folk for the most part, constitutionally addicted to facts and figures and not terribly good at crafting emotionally gripping narratives. This puts them at a disadvantage. One scare story based on a bogus study suggesting a bad effect of eating GMOs readily trumps myriad studies that show that GM foods are just like non-GM foods.

What are the facts? Monsanto and the other big ag-biotech companies have developed reliable, biologically insect-resistant and herbicide-tolerant commodity crops that benefit people, farmers and the environment, and are nutritionally identical to their non-GM counterparts.
Honestly, the OP has put up some good info. I assumed it was the normal paranoia about Monsanto, the left's latest boogyman, until I read the link. My apologies OP.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

What does this even mean? The OP said people "misunderstand GMOs/Monsanto and their role in our food supply."

Is this something you disagree with?

Old 01-14-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I agree never question the government or its motives.

It's so sad how some are conditioned to attack and insult others when someone questions their masters.

As the years have gone by it has become easier and easier to identify who falls into this category.

Government corruption ain't slowing down, but these people need to twist, squirm and turn to keep up with defending and deflecting.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:49 AM

Also per the link...and common sense.

Quote:
If the popular mythology about farmer suicides, tumors and toxicity had an ounce of truth to it, these companies would long since have gone out of business. Instead, they’re taking more market share every year. There's a mismatch between mythology and reality. Maybe it's worth remembering that technology vilification is about as old as technology itself. What's new is electronic gossip and the proliferation of organizations that peddle such gossip for a living.
Yeah, companies are out to poison their customers. Great business model. Sadly, Scientific American will be ignored by those that prefer to get their "knowledge" from conspiracy theorist bloggers.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:04 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
It's so sad how some are conditioned to attack and insult others when someone questions their masters.

As the years have gone by it has become easier and easier to identify who falls into this category.

Government corruption ain't slowing down, but these people need to twist, squirm and turn to keep up with defending and deflecting.
Two different points.

One is that the gov. is in bed with it's big donors. Duh.

The other, which he was pointing to was "poisoning the food supply" which is at best, hyperbole.

Seriously, you post up a picture like that then when someone at you....predictably you run crying about sheeple believing the gov. which wasn't their point.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Two different points.

One is that the gov. is in bed with it's big donors. Duh.

The other, which he was pointing to was "poisoning the food supply" which is at best, hyperbole.

Seriously, you post up a picture like that then when someone at you....predictably you run crying about sheeple believing the gov. which wasn't their point.
Haha, yes it is hyperbole...but pretty funny. I only responded like that because Toyman and I disagree about nearly everything.

I don't think GMO is poison; in fact I know it is not because it's impossible to avoid and I'm still healthy.

BUT-you will never be able to convince me that food should be patented and controlled by a nationless corporation. It is not about poisoning the food supply-which although I did find funny I'll admit is not true-it is about controlling the food supply, which gets into scary territory in the grand scheme of things.

Only in this insane day and age would the writer/director of propaganda for Monsanto move on to be the Deputy Commisioner of food safety at the FDA. Irony doesn't get any better (or worse really).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies