Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 05:15 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

The thread about her 16 year old daughter's Facebook page has been closed so I could not post this there, but this is not about the contents of the Facebook page...rather this is about a mother taking responsibility.

There have been many terrible and tragic stories in the news about young homosexual people taking their own lives due to the people that bully and ostracize them and make their lives intolerble. With that being said, why would Palin not understand that she needs to apologize on behalf of her daughter and explain that she has spoken to the kid about sensitivity.

If she has publicly made a statement in regards to this issue, someone please provide the link as I could not find one.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:22 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The thread about her 16 year old daughter's Facebook page has been closed so I could not post this there, but this is not about the contents of the Facebook page...rather this is about a mother taking responsibility.

There have been many terrible and tragic stories in the news about young homosexual people taking their own lives due to the people that bully and ostracize them and make their lives intolerble. With that being said, why would Palin not understand that she needs to apologize on behalf of her daughter and explain that she has spoken to the kid about sensitivity.

If she has publicly made a statement in regards to this issue, someone please provide the link as I could not find one.
Whatever the issue, why would you think that she should be making public statements about it?

Old 11-17-2010, 05:33 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Is this women, suppose to apologize for anything that comes out of her mouth, or magazine articles that it seems. She as we do, has the right to confront any issue she wants or does not want to confront. Are we policing her every move.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:40 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,462,715 times
The story concerning her child's postings on Facebook should never have been published on a news site. The railings of a 16 year-old child are of no interest to me. Likewise, how the parental guardian of this child chooses to handle this personal situation should be of no concern to the general public. Simply put - it is none of our business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies