Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 06:07 AM

22 posts, read 21,424 times

Advertisements

Not here in Michigan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 06:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,686,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ran440 View Post
I am a carpenter who remodels and constructs new homes. Are you saying we will never build new homes again?
Randy
Not at the numbers that ran up the RE bubble.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:18 AM

Yeah, I agree. People were building way more house ( size ) than they needed. And everybody felt they needed one.
I'm glad I stuck to my modest living standards in my little 1000 sq. ft. ranch.
Randy

Old 11-19-2010, 06:22 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,750,460 times
The OP is a perfect example of just what big gubmint wants............ The ability to grow ever larger by having the sheepeople beholden to them for their daily bread.

This country is beginning to look like the soviet union of yesteryear. People qued up in WalMart with gubmint "food stamps" in hand. Notice how the lines seem to get longer every month?

Wake up, and go back to sleep, it's already too late.........

YC.......

Old 11-19-2010, 06:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,686,185 times
Quote:
Yeah, I agree. People were building way more house ( size ) than they needed. And everybody felt they needed one.
I'm glad I stuck to my modest living standards in my little 1000 sq. ft. ranch.
Randy

And you've got the illegals to deal with in your industry.
That just makes it that much worse.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:34 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,380,307 times
Quote:
I am a carpenter who remodels and constructs new homes. Are you saying we will never build new homes again?
Randy
Building new homes will be scant for years to come when you consider we have a million unsold homes on the market and more coming. Why would investors risk money ? Also, I find it hard believe that a good carpenter can not make a living. I live in Ohio where UE is 10% and out in the boonies, the carpenter that I know always has work. Matter of fact he framed a door in at my home and it took him 2 hours and he charged me 110 bucks { I had the materials}
Let me ask you this question that I can not get one poster to answer. The way I see it home building and sales will be down for years to come,lets just assume I am right. How long should you get UE ? 1 year? 3 years? 5 years? Another poster had it right where some folks will stay on UE because they can not find a job that matches there wages before lay off. They think it is beneath them to take less money.
Myself, I am rooting against you and hope the {R}s stand strong and set a cut off date with no exceptions.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:35 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,218,875 times
The unemployed are in a bad situation. But, anyone who takes notice of the social attitudes in America should clearly see that most Americans don't give a crap about the unemployed. America is probably the most brutal of modern societies...all with god's blessings.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:38 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,780,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And you've got the illegals to deal with in your industry.
That just makes it that much worse.

Tell me about it!!!

There has not been a legal framing crew around here since 1989.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:40 AM

I would think that effects you guys more than us because of you proximity to the border.
Randy

Old 11-19-2010, 06:44 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,755,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
the op is a perfect example of just what big gubmint wants............ The ability to grow ever larger by having the sheepeople beholden to them for their daily bread.

This country is beginning to look like the soviet union of yesteryear. People qued up in walmart with gubmint "food stamps" in hand. Notice how the lines seem to get longer every month?

Wake up, and go back to sleep, it's already too late.........

Yc.......

give me my soylent green!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies