Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Glenn Beck is
a patriotic American fighting the good fight. 84 40.98%
just your standard paranoid. 14 6.83%
a jackass. 40 19.51%
batsh*t crazy. 67 32.68%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 12:41 PM

15,145 posts, read 14,333,539 times

Advertisements

The problem really isn’t Glenn Beck. It’s us. We have been complacent as a people for far too long, and so we just believe what is fed to us, rather than “doing our homework” and finding out the truth from the source (best we can).People might just not want to deal with what Glenn is bringing to light (or putting together). Sometimes the easiest thing to do, rather than deal with hard stuff, is to push it away, dismiss it (and in the case of Glenn Beck, even painting him as evil or at least insane.)You can hate Glenn or not hate him. That’s up to you. But always have a reason for what you do.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:25 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
Why does every post mentioning his Mormon beliefs get instantly deleted?
They don't. Most of them are still here. Do you need help in finding them?

Quote:
Every CD reader and Fox "News" viewer - go and read the "Doctrine & Covenants" and "The Book Of Mormon" - and Jon Krakauer's "Under The Banner Of Heaven" - and make your own decisions about Glenn Beck..............
How odd that you would recommend "Under the Banner of Heaven" as being a valid source of information on Mormonism. May I ask why?

Quote:
I'll bet this thread is deleted immediately............

I'll stand by and concede: Thanks for not deleting this thread :-)...............many hours later :-)
Maybe it will be deleted for discussing moderator actions. You do know that that's against forum rules, don't you?

Old 11-21-2010, 02:58 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Beck is a nutcase. The funny thing i also noticed, is in the "ads by google" bar on this page has an ad for goldline and a "preparedness center" full of freeze dried food and disaster kits. The same propaganda beck spews about on a daily basis.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:36 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
No one who bashes him ever debates whether he is right or wrong. They bash him personally.
What's to debate? That the country is coming apart at the seams, and it's because of a shadowy conspiracy? (Looks out window) No, things look about the same as ever from my vantage point.

If things are not quite as good as I'd like them to be in the world (and they aren't), it doesn't follow that (1) they've been very much better in recent memory or (2) that following the likes of Beck would improve anything. A healthy disillusionment about the world is a good thing, abject paranoia is not.

Quote:
Take the airport scanners for instance. Beck connected the dots and found that soros owned 11,300 shares in the company, which he sold 2 days before Beck went public.

He also found that Chertoff's (a former republican homeland security director) has a huge interest in the company.
Either the airport scanners are a sound security measure, consistent with the American conception of ordered liberty, or they aren't. In either case, whether Soros and Chertoff own shares in the company or two other rich guys do is not something I'm going to be wasting time obsessing over. Rich guys are more likely both to own shares in companies and to have political pull. That's not a news flash, and it certainly isn't a fact first publicized by Mr. Beck!

Old 11-21-2010, 11:27 PM

170 posts, read 533,445 times
Sounds like you lib hippies are just mad people Beck kills everything you libs put on TV..

Its not our fault your programming sucks.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:34 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,525,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanskills View Post
Sounds like you lib hippies are just mad people Beck kills everything you libs put on TV..

Yep this pretty much sums up

Old 11-22-2010, 02:23 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanskills View Post

Posts like these confirm what I think about Beck viewers.
And I am not a "lib hippie".

Why should anyone be "proud" of ratings? The dumbest shows have the highest ratings.
Do you know that some people never watch TV "news" channels? No Fox, no MSNBC etc, but prefer to read variety books and newspapers and make up their own mind?
Not everybody cheers on a TV personality like he was a sports athlete "GO Beck, score some high ratings, YEAH!!!"

Old 11-22-2010, 02:30 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Posts like these confirm what I think about Beck viewers.
And I am not a "lib hippie".

Why should anyone be "proud" of ratings? The dumbest shows have the highest ratings.
Do you know that some people never watch TV "news" channels? No Fox, no MSNBC etc, but prefer to read variety books and newspapers and make up their own mind?
Not everybody cheers on a TV personality like he was a sports athlete "GO Beck, score some high ratings, YEAH!!!"
Many books and newspapers are biased.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:56 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Many books and newspapers are biased.
Hence "a variety" and "make up their own mind", better than sticking to ONE biased TV channel.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:13 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
I'm not just talking about Beck, I'm talking about EVERY political pundit.

They all have a team working behind them. This is a fact.

If you can't see the showbiz side of Glenn Beck then i'm not gonna try to convince you. Learn about how TV shows are created and how they operate. Especially monologue or interview shows like Beck's.

You seem like you're just looking at the surface.

You sound like you are passionately defending Beck. I think Beck has gotten in your head. Try to remain objective.....
Of course there's a team behind him. I'm not debating that.

But show me some instances where the things that Beck brings to light are wrong.

Try being objective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies