Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 07:15 AM

320 posts, read 290,622 times

Advertisements

You can vote for Democrats who these days live to appease and compromise with Republicans, and don't have any back bone to take on the corporations who continually send our jobs overseas and demand tax breaks. Or you can vote for the Republicans who want to hold our tax cuts hostage so that billionaires can have even more money they won't get around to spending in their lifetime. This system is horrible and we need more voices. We need a party that actually fights for it's increasingly shrinking middle class. We need a party that isn't owned by corporations and doesn't owe CEO's a thing. Because what we have today is complete garbage.

And a lot of the voters are just as bad. Dem voters can't admit that Obama has done nothing to repair this country's well-being and prestige. And Republican voters will never admit that GWB was the reason we're in such a pathetic state. Even when the facts hit them smack in the face.

It would be so much easier if I was an immigrant with no ties or love for my country. I could just go home instead of watching my home continue it's downward spiral into humiliation with everyone pointing fingers at each other as things continue to get worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 07:20 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,096,801 times
You will never get a third party because of the media. They give no air time to any third party candidate so the people do not even know they exist.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:26 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,540,404 times
Its more like a one party system since both are idiots.

Different colors, same results.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:28 AM

465 posts, read 464,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination83 View Post
You can vote for Democrats who these days live to appease and compromise with Republicans, and don't have any back bone to take on the corporations who continually send our jobs overseas and demand tax breaks. Or you can vote for the Republicans who want to hold our tax cuts hostage so that billionaires can have even more money they won't get around to spending in their lifetime. This system is horrible and we need more voices. We need a party that actually fights for it's increasingly shrinking middle class. We need a party that isn't owned by corporations and doesn't owe CEO's a thing. Because what we have today is complete garbage.

And a lot of the voters are just as bad. Dem voters can't admit that Obama has done nothing to repair this country's well-being and prestige. And Republican voters will never admit that GWB was the reason we're in such a pathetic state. Even when the facts hit them smack in the face.

It would be so much easier if I was an immigrant with no ties or love for my country. I could just go home instead of watching my home continue it's downward spiral into humiliation with everyone pointing fingers at each other as things continue to get worse.
Yes the two party system has become really dysfuntional and screwed up.

The only thing that'll fix it is an all out revolution. Third parties will be able to rise to power in this system.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:31 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,831,688 times
I object to our ONE Party system. You know the Party of the Haves and Have Mores that gain their wealth by controlling the politics of the country. They are the tyrants ruling us but never admitting what they are doing. We are no longer a Republic. We have reverted to a moneyed feudal aristocracy.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:35 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,223,871 times
I've been voting Libertarian over twenty years. If a candidate is unopposed then I do NOT vote that position unless, of course, the candidate is Libertarian.

There is nothing... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ...that requires you to vote Democrat or Republican.

The last major party candidate for Prez for whom I voted was Gerald Ford.

My conscience is clear.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:39 AM

465 posts, read 464,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I object to our ONE Party system. You know the Party of the Haves and Have Mores that gain their wealth by controlling the politics of the country. They are the tyrants ruling us but never admitting what they are doing. We are no longer a Republic. We have reverted to a moneyed feudal aristocracy.
That's the truth.

The two party system has become a charade and an act. Juust to give us the illusion of democracy, choice and voting power.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:42 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,546,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
Yes the two party system has become really dysfuntional and screwed up.

The only thing that'll fix it is an all out revolution. Third parties will be able to rise to power in this system.

(Sigh) Here we go again. More cheap talk about "revolution." (Sigh)

So...I'll do what I always do when that word comes up, but I won't expect any better answer than I've ever gotten before:

Tear down the existing system and replace it with what?

Old 11-10-2010, 07:43 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,840,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
You will never get a third party because of the media. They give no air time to any third party candidate so the people do not even know they exist.
That there "media" are the third party.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:47 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,952,144 times
I think there should be no parties. People would actually have to research candidates rather than choosing based on a letter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies