Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 08:18 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,200,346 times

Advertisements

Please help me with this . I thought Democrats wrote the whole bill ? My friend made that statement and I was speechless .
She also thinks tort reform is in the bill , I will not be reading it anytime soon but its not is it ?
I am not able to find good answers on the web . If you know a site with the answers please post it . Or try to answer yourself.
Thank you !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 08:20 AM

45,273 posts, read 26,526,559 times
TMI, could you be more vague?

Old 11-27-2010, 08:35 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,200,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
TMI, could you be more vague?
Did Republicans write any of the healthcare bill?

Old 11-27-2010, 08:48 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,042,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
No.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:52 AM

45,273 posts, read 26,526,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
"I wrote the bill. ... The bill and I are one."-Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY)

Old 11-27-2010, 08:56 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,972,860 times
I would ask her to show you proof of her position. I know not one Republican voted for it. I have read the bill, some time ago, and don't recall tort reform being in there. The only thing I can find, which gives a timeline of when portions of the bill comes into effect, is this link, and there's no reference to tort reform.

Health care reform in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NY Rep. Anthony Weiner told his constituents at a town hall meeting that he wrote the bill and said that he and the bill "are one," whether anyone chooses to believe that or not.

Frankly, there may be no references on the web to who authored the bill because the Democrats stayed as far away as possible from it during the last election.

Good question. Very skeptical about the truth of your friend's claim though.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:52 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,324,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
"I wrote the bill. ... The bill and I are one."-Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY)
This is the very reason I call Weiner, Weenie. He had nothing to do with the writing of the bill. It was written in the offices of Dirty Harry Reid by Reid, a couple of other Senators and a group of union bosses headed up by Andy Stern of SEIU. There was no debate on the floor of either house so Weiner couldn't have had a hand in the writing of the bill. The best part of the whole thing is that the unions are finding their fees going up as insurance companies get ready for the installation of Obamacare.

Hey, what citizen group supported this bill the heaviest? It was AARP in my estimation and they find that the bill for their employees will be going up by 13% in January. They crapped on their own employees but got what they wanted with the passage of a bill that well over half of the people didn't want. Also, they lost my dues and membership for what they did. I just wonder how near a million people did what I did for AARP.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:57 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,249,234 times
Tort reform is NOT in the bill. The Democrats support the Trial Lawyers Lobby 100%. The Dems will never support ANY limitations on this scam that helps make health care unaffordable for so many.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:03 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,384,547 times
Just another example of a liberal not being able to take responsibility for their parties actions. The democrats wrote it, the democrats completely excluded Republicans, the democrats voted in lock step for it (after getting their bribes and kickbacks) for it and yet somehow it's the Republicans fault costs are going up.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:13 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,990,105 times
Costs are going up because the bill sucks. Doesn't matter who wrote it, it sucks. The Healthcare industry wrote the bill, they paid for the politicians, and got what they wanted: single payer put on the back burner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies