Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 06:01 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times

Advertisements

"OpenCongress has online the healthcare bill that will soon be facing a vote in the House of Representatives."

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/publ...l-online.html\ (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 06:04 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
It seems it is being hidden..

Ooops. The page you are trying to reach could not be found. Is it possible you typed the URL in wrong? Or perhaps the link you clicked in an email wrapped to the next line?

But Obama claimed it would be on .gov websites, not Chicago now blogs...

Old 03-19-2010, 06:07 AM

That damn Obama, spying on my internets.

Read HR4872, Healthcare Bill Online - Publius Forum

The Open Congress page: http://www.opencongress.org/house_reconciliation

Old 03-19-2010, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
It seems it is being hidden..

Ooops. The page you are trying to reach could not be found. Is it possible you typed the URL in wrong? Or perhaps the link you clicked in an email wrapped to the next line?

But Obama claimed it would be on .gov websites, not Chicago now blogs...
COMMITTEE ON RULES - H.R. 4872 - Reconciliation Act of 2010 (http://www.rules.house.gov/bills_details.aspx?NewsID=4606 - broken link)

Old 03-19-2010, 06:20 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
[quote=delusianne;13356207]"OpenCongress has online the healthcare bill that will soon be facing a vote in the House of Representatives."

"facing a vote in the House of Representatives"

A vote?

Not necessarily a vote as we understand a "vote".

Bachmann Rips Media for Not Covering Deem and Pass; Suggests Pelosi Impeachment Warranted | NewsBusters.org

Every bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a law, be presented to the President of the United States; if he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the objections at large on their journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the bill, it shall be sent, together with the objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a law.

Article I | LII / Legal Information Institute

Old 03-19-2010, 06:43 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
COMMITTEE ON RULES - H.R. 4872 - Reconciliation Act of 2010 (http://www.rules.house.gov/bills_details.aspx?NewsID=4606 - broken link)

"IN GENERAL.—Subject to subclause (II), in the case of taxable years beginning in any calendar year after 2014, the initial and final applicable percentages under clause (i) (asin effect for the preceding calendar year after application of this clause) shall be adjusted to reflect the excess of the rate of premium growth for the preceding calendar year over the rate of income growth for the preceding calendar year.‘‘(II) ADDITIONAL ADJUSTMENT.—Except as provided in subclause (III), in the case of any calendar year after 2018, the percentages described in subclause (I) shall,in addition to the adjustment under subclause (I), be adjusted to reflect the excess (if any) of the rate of premium growth estimated under subclause (I) for the preceding calendar year over the rate of growth in the consumer price index for the preceding calendar year."

Anyone seen John Conyer's lawyers?

Old 03-19-2010, 06:49 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
health care bill is online. It's not "hidden away behind closed doors."
The crafting of the bill certainly was.

Where have you been for the last year?

You conveniently forgot this passage;

Quote:
But in all such cases the votes of both Houses shall be determined by yeas and nays, and the names of the persons voting for and against the bill shall be entered on the journal of each House respectively.
If they use the Slaughter rule, they won't be "voting" on the bill, they will "deem" it passed. That ok with you?

Old 03-19-2010, 07:49 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"IN GENERAL.—Subject to subclause (II), in the case of taxable years beginning in any calendar year after 2014, the initial and final applicable percentages under clause (i) (asin effect for the preceding calendar year after application of this clause) shall be adjusted to reflect the excess of the rate of premium growth for the preceding calendar year over the rate of income growth for the preceding calendar year.‘‘(II) ADDITIONAL ADJUSTMENT.—Except as provided in subclause (III), in the case of any calendar year after 2018, the percentages described in subclause (I) shall,in addition to the adjustment under subclause (I), be adjusted to reflect the excess (if any) of the rate of premium growth estimated under subclause (I) for the preceding calendar year over the rate of growth in the consumer price index for the preceding calendar year."

Anyone seen John Conyer's lawyers?
Back when my boyfriend was taking his actuarial exams I used to help him study. That's what this language reminds me of. I don't understand it, and I don't want to understand it. I'd like a translated version.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:07 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,091,500 times
Don't you just love this left winger spin?------> health care bill is online. It's not "hidden away behind closed doors."

It's too bad the OP could not have been more honest and made the title:

health care bill is online. It's no longer "hidden away behind closed doors."

Old 03-19-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Back when my boyfriend was taking his actuarial exams I used to help him study. That's what this language reminds me of. I don't understand it, and I don't want to understand it. I'd like a translated version.
Hahaha, those sneaky Democrats!

But dont you worry lizjo, Glenn and Rush are there to translate it for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies