Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 10:08 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,560 times

Advertisements

The new America: Living in fear and treating everybody like a criminal, playing right into the terrorists' hands by destroying America from within.

How much longer before Americans finally get angry enough to riot on Washington? It's long overdue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 10:10 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I will not fly or use any transportation that uses scanners or groping.

step by step, inch by inch, slowly we turn....<thats how it happens.

Next it will be random check point stops for personnal vehicles. JMO
Have you seen the youtubes showing these TSA officers ?
The majority of them are the poster children for Michelle Obama's war on obesity.
You think these people are going to be out in the hot sun walking from car to car ?

Old 12-04-2010, 10:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
How much longer before Americans finally get angry enough to riot on Washington? It's long overdue.
Not until I make an easy $10/share off the stock..then revolt.

7 posts, read 9,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The majority of them are the poster children for Michelle Obama's war on obesity.
You think these people are going to be out in the hot sun walking from car to car ?

Like I said, these guys are not law enforcement. You don't have to let them seach your car.

I don't call them "officers". They are just screening clerks.

19,226 posts, read 15,317,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post

I wanna feel safe.
When they feel you, you feel safe.

That's nice.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:14 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,928,915 times
DHS want to get their hands in many facets of our life, basically anywhere public can gather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNXig...e_gdata_player

Old 12-05-2010, 03:01 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,252,739 times
Quote:
And for how long have you been worried about your bus blowing up..that is before the TSA mentioned it as they set up shop in the Greyhound station ?
My last disastorous ride on a Greyhound a couple of years ago, I was just worried we'd get stuck somwhere in the middle of the freeway when the half dead bus they brought in to replace the one that died followed suit. Personally I never want to set foot on Greyhound again, and would like by early boarding money back too. By the time I found out the bus had arrived it was already half full.

I believe the one that quit on the freeway had a tire blow. I guess you don't need people to bring the stuff that blows.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:09 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,252,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
As some who has taken the bus over an avg of 500+miles the last 3 yrs...i have to say this

.................................................. .............................................

I wanna feel safe. So if it needs to be done then so be it. No difference than flyin. Surprised "they" have not tried to do some crazy shoe or basket bomb on a bus yet. It would be really easy to do so. Glad my government is lookin out for the small people or those who cant afford to fly everytime.
I rode city busses a lot before I moved here with no busses, but didn't feel at all unsafe on them. The one trip on Greyhound though? ugh.

The bus was having trougle keeping up the speed on the freeway before it blew at least one tire and we sat at the side of the freeway for an hour and the next bus was just a hair in better shape.

Thats a lot of riding around on decrepet old busses for you to be worrying about terrorists...

Old 12-05-2010, 06:42 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Thats a lot of riding around on decrepet old busses for you to be worrying about terrorists...
Actually we have a department for that..........it's called the DOT. But the enforcement is so lax for maintenance you'd be surprised and shocked. This administration is too focused on citizens with nail clippers than the safe operation of vehicles on public highways.

The TSA is just the beginning of what O has planned.

"We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

Why are the powerful in Washington so interested in average Americans instead of terrorists? Because this whole program is an exercise in POWER - nothing more. Once the conditioning process is complete, people will fall into line at the first command. To complete the conditioning, all forms of transportation MUST be managed.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:57 AM

37,461 posts, read 61,373,044 times
Quote:

Quote:
Next it will be random check point stops for personnal vehicles.
So you completely missed the ZBVs?

They already bought their second fleet of 500 ZBVs.

white box vans that cruise parking lots and residential neighborhoods to nekkid body scan through all vehicles and houses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies