Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where do you stand on the concept of man made global warming?
I believe that man made global warming is real. 24 23.53%
I believe that our planet cycles through cooling and warming periods naturally. 67 65.69%
Some of both 11 10.78%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 08:59 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I've said it before (in this thread) and I'll say it again:

Americans are too dumb and too easily convinced by rightwing propaganda to admit what everyone else knows:

Science is real, measurable and has confirmed man has largely caused warming temperatures
I will not stoop to the level of calling you "dumb" as you have me several times, but how do you account for this:

31,000 Scientists Reject Global Warming Agenda
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...X5Y2jg&cad=rja

This number includes more than 9000 Ph.D's in atmospheric science and climatology. Are they all right wing dupes? Are they all "dumb"? Maybe, just maybe, they are experts in their fields who weren't so easily swayed by Al Gore's film.

Even lifelong meteorologist and founder of The Weather Channel John Coleman rejects man made global warming: "It is the greatest scam in history. I am amazed, appalled and highly offended by it. Global Warming; It is a SCAM."

Are you smarter than all of these people or just more arrogant? What are your qualifications?

Look into Maurice Strong and Agenda 21 if you really want to know what's going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 07:50 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
Let's call it man-aggravated rather than man-made global warming...

Old 12-05-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I will not stoop to the level of calling you "dumb" as you have me several times, but how do you account for this:

31,000 Scientists Reject Global Warming Agenda
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...X5Y2jg&cad=rja

This number includes more than 9000 Ph.D's in atmospheric science and climatology. Are they all right wing dupes? Are they all "dumb"? Maybe, just maybe, they are experts in their fields who weren't so easily swayed by Al Gore's film.

Even lifelong meteorologist and founder of The Weather Channel John Coleman rejects man made global warming: "It is the greatest scam in history. I am amazed, appalled and highly offended by it. Global Warming; It is a SCAM."

Are you smarter than all of these people or just more arrogant? What are your qualifications?

Look into Maurice Strong and Agenda 21 if you really want to know what's going on.
Anyone can sign that petition. I could sign it stating I got a PhD in climatology, I could even hijack a pro-AGW scientist's name and sign that petition Interesting information on this petition.

For instance:
"Scientific American took a random sample of 30 of the 1,400 signatories claiming to hold a Ph.D. in a climate-related science. Of the 26 we were able to identify in various databases, 11 said they still agreed with the petition — one was an active climate researcher, two others had relevant expertise, and eight signed based on an informal evaluation. Six said they would not sign the petition today, three did not remember any such petition, one had died, and five did not answer repeated messages. Crudely extrapolating, the petition supporters include a core of about 200 climate researchers – a respectable number, though rather a small fraction of the climatological community."

And if I got that right almost only Americans signed...

Last edited by Neuling; 12-05-2010 at 08:04 AM..

Old 12-05-2010, 09:00 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
HAARP could very well be a man-woman aggravated global warming factor.

Not to mention Con-Tails.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:17 PM

15,098 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Let's not. Man certainly does pollute ... but pollution and "climate change" have nothing to do with one another.

The facts are, all of the planets in the solar system are going through changes, not just earth. And it is primarily driven by the Sun, with contributions (or the cause of the Sun's high activity) coming from increased cosmic radiation from the center of the galaxy.

Last time I checked ... there are no SUV's ... no CO2 producing "men" on Mars, Venus, Jupiter ...

Man has nothing to do with climate ... climate is cyclical, with trends measured in the 10's of Thousands of years, not decade to decade.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:23 PM

I disagree, surprise surprise The more humans change earth, the more our influence on climate and everything else. Of course there are natural ups and downs, but we aggravate things, as if the natural ups and downs might not be detrimental enough for humans...

Old 12-08-2010, 02:52 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
I have no doubt that industrialized society has had a negative effect on the environment, including the purity of our water and air supply, our atmosphere, etc.

CFC's have been shown to be injurious to the atmosphere, and that is why their use was eventually discontinued.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:10 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I have no doubt that industrialized society has had a negative effect on the environment, including the purity of our water and air supply, our atmosphere, etc.

CFC's have been shown to be injurious to the atmosphere, and that is why their use was eventually discontinued.
The Nonsense That is Ozone-Depletion

Old 12-08-2010, 03:26 PM

888 posts, read 1,187,220 times
The same crowd that dismisses global warming.....dismisses evolution, and champions Creationism.
Most scientists agree that dinosaurs have tiny brains for their body size.

Thus logically, tiny dinosaurs make up the majority of the global warming detractors.

Gotta love science........................................... ..................

You betcha.....Steve

Old 12-08-2010, 03:38 PM

15,098 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Where do I stand on man made global warming? I stand here holding my head ... wondering how in the world people can be so stupid to be arse deep in snow ... ice sickles dangling from their shriveled willies ... and still insisting that global warming is real ... because Al Gore says so.

Berlin faces record cold start to December - The Local

Record Breaking Cold Winter on Its Way | Scienceray (http://scienceray.com/earth-sciences/meteorology/record-breaking-cold-winter-on-its-way/ - broken link)

» Snow Everywhere in South America Dvorak Uncensored: General interest observations and true web-log.

Tampa Bay winter is coldest it's been since poodle skirts were in - St. Petersburg Times

Record–Breaking Snow and Cold Reminiscent of the Late '70s | LiveScience

Frosty Florida sets record low temperatures - USATODAY.com

Hey Al Gore … More Global Warming … IT’S COLD EVERYWHERE!!! | Scared Monkeys

Cold Spell Sets Record Lows - From Midwest to Florida, weather unusually frigid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies