Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 07:56 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,513,424 times

Advertisements

Alan Grayson's abrasiveness will be missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqQn1_x5C3I&feature=player_embedded#!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 08:01 AM

45,212 posts, read 26,424,445 times
Using FOX, Rush, et al. to make his case?
Any message he was trying to deliver, was lost in the bitter and immature manner in which he utilized media rivals as his talking points.

Greyson comes off like a vindictive ex. and shows he was voted out for good reason.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Using FOX, Rush, et al. to make his case?
Any message he was trying to deliver, was lost in the bitter and immature manner in which he utilized media rivals as his talking points.

Greyson comes off like a vindictive ex. and shows he was voted out for good reason.
And yet everything he said was true.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:09 AM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Grayson's idiocy won't be missed. If Grayson had bothered to learn the truth, he would already know this: Remember Christina Romer? She used to be Obama's economic advisor. Her research found that tax increases hurt the economy.
Quote:
What the Romers found is that exogenous tax increases, such as will occur with the expiration of the Bush tax cuts, “… are highly contractionary. The effects are strongly significant, highly robust, and much larger than those obtained using broader measures of tax changes.”
Here is a strong argument, based on solid academic research, for extending the Bush tax cuts, and not letting them expire, made by one of President Obama’s top economic advisers.
Romer’s Research: Expiration of Bush Tax Cuts Will Be Highly Contractionary | The Beacon (http://www.independent.org/blog/index.php?p=6958 - broken link)

Romer's research:
http://elsa.berkeley.edu/~dromer/pap...ERJune2010.pdf (broken link)

As "the rich" pay a large percentage of the federal income tax revenue, the effect of not extending the tax cuts at that level would exacerbate the highly contractionary effect on the economy.

Romer knows the truth. She subsequently resigned her post as Obama's economic advisor, and is no longer with the Obama admin.

Are you really so easily manipulated by Grayson and the other Dems? Do you just accept what they say without verifying the accuracy, or even the relevance? ...at least Grayson's constituency had the good sense to vote him out of office!

Old 12-04-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

Are you really so easily manipulated by Grayson and the other Dems? Do you just accept what they say without verifying the accuracy, or even the relevance? ...at least Grayson's constituency had the good sense to vote him out of office!
Grayson is from a Republican district. It makes sense, as he too is very wealthy.

His reelection campaign was far too mean spirited, and it backfired, but the truth this man speaks is unchanged, whether or not he is in Congress ore not.

ALWAYS verify accuracy. What he said about the pundits and their tax breaks in the video?

ALL TRUE.

Also good to hear that woman is no longer in the administration.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
And yet everything he said was true.
Was it a secret that the few foils Greyson mentioned were wealthy?
It was a petty rant and did no good for his constituency or America at large.
His bobble headed fan club in the cheap seats loved it I'm sure, but I'll bet it didn't change one mind.
So much for his skills as an effective communicator, he obviously was no trial lawyer.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Was it a secret that the few foils Greyson mentioned were wealthy?
It was a petty rant and did no good for his constituency or America at large.
His bobble headed fan club in the cheap seats loved it I'm sure, but I'll bet it didn't change one mind.
So much for his skills as an effective communicator, he obviously was no trial lawyer.
Much like the bobbleheaded viewers of FOX News.

(Let me put on my glasses and head over to the chalkboard... )

Old 12-04-2010, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Much like the bobbleheaded viewers of FOX News.

(Let me put on my glasses and head over to the chalkboard... )
Greyson, is that you?

I don't watch FOX or Beck anyway, so your point is lost on me.

Other than a rambling personal attack,did Greyson present any facts as to why the tax cuts should expire?

Old 12-04-2010, 08:20 AM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Grayson is from a Republican district. It makes sense, as he too is very wealthy.

His reelection campaign was far too mean spirited, and it backfired, but the truth this man speaks is unchanged, whether or not he is in Congress ore not.

ALWAYS verify accuracy. What he said about the pundits and their tax breaks in the video?

ALL TRUE.
And the point of Grayson's diatribe is what? To rally the Dems to cause further economic contraction? Is that the Dems' goal? Interesting...

Quote:
Also good to hear that woman is no longer in the administration.
Wow. Truthful, factual information has no place in the Obama admin? Really?

Last edited by InformedConsent; 12-04-2010 at 08:36 AM..

Old 12-04-2010, 08:35 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:

And he wonders why he got tossed!

Beck has paid more taxes than Grayson ever will, in his life of trying to wiggle out of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies