Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 10:31 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yeah, I caught that mistaken assumption and changed it.

Superficial thinkers on both sides of the spectrum fail to take into consideration what will happen to jobs when the economy contracts even further after the tax cuts expire on those providing the jobs. (See Romer's research.)
How have the 40+ years of tax breaks for the upper 2% benefited or contributed to the US economy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 10:32 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,054,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
“I don’t deal in average American citizens.”
Charlie Rangel

Angry Rangel Says He Doesn‘t Deal in ’Average American Citizens’ | The Blaze

Why does Glenin Beck need another web site called The Blaze? Seems to me he trying to trick people that know he is a propagandist to click on his site so he can make MORE money I say tax his butt, he can take it, for the good of America

Old 12-04-2010, 10:34 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
How have the 40+ years of tax breaks for the upper 2% benefited or contributed to the US economy?
Creating jobs...no poor people provide jobs.....also, why should one group pay the debt or social services of others.....if we don't have the money stop spending. The Govt needs to be forced to stop spending.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:35 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
Why does Glenin Beck need another web site called The Blaze? Seems to me he trying to trick people that know he is a propagandist to click on his site so he can make MORE money I say tax his butt, he can take it, for the good of America
You can find Charlie Rangel's direct quote on other websites..I just happened to find that one first that quoted him.

I didn't post so folks could comment on the messenger..I had hoped they would see Rangel's quote and comment on that.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:36 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
They haven't, except if you speak Orwellian & speak it often enough so it becomes the truth. ......War is Peace.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:44 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
They haven't, except if you speak Orwellian & speak it often enough so it becomes the truth. ......War is Peace.
Clueless....perhaps if we stopped overspending we would see a bit more.
Tell me...how much did you pay in income taxes? How will taking more money from one group actually help?

In my business just a 2.3% tax on our revenue from the new Healthcare law is alreadly making us project the number of job cuts we will be making...and the number of new hires we won't be making...much easier to use contractors so we don't have to provide benefits and pay the new govt taxes.....

Yea, Govt needs to step aside and stop getting in the way...idiots...They don't have a clue...why we are not 18 mo of high unemployment...

Old 12-04-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
How many "rich" people do you know in the 10% bracket..one created by the Bush cuts ?
In my younger days I knew many as I worked in their homes as a Craftsman in the rich's playground the Hamptons. I also worked in many homes of the poor and middle class across Long Island. I will tell you this the poor and middle class opened their homes to us. Gave us lunch, drinks and even tips while they were strapped to even pay the bill. The rich however no such luck. The rich will create jobs? They have had nine years to do so and once again no such luck. Oh and they will give to charities to help support the poor as Beck preaches, I would not hold my breath, the poor will die in the streets. Kind of reminds me of a scene in Mony Python's and the Holy Grail bring out your dead bring out your dead! Ah the good old days!

Old 12-04-2010, 10:51 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
In my younger days I knew many as I worked in their homes as a Craftsman in the rich's playground the Hamptons. I also worked in many homes of the poor and middle class across Long Island. I will tell you this the poor and middle class opened their homes to us. Gave us lunch, drinks and even tips while they were strapped to even pay the bill. The rich however no such luck. The rich will create jobs? They have had nine years to do so and once again no such luck. Oh and they will give to charities to help support the poor as Beck preaches, I would not hold my breath, the poor will die in the streets. Kind of reminds me of a scene in Mony Python's and the Holy Grail bring out your dead bring out your dead! Ah the good old days!
In the good old days, employees were considered assets of a company.
Today they are liabilities, looked at first when cost cutting measures are implemented.

Mom and pops have been driven out over the decades in favor of big box and multi nationals. These corporations are the rich you speak of and they are not people.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:53 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Actually the GOP wants to keep the cuts for everyone, not just the rich.
It's 4%, why not let them expire and pay on our debt

Old 12-04-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
You can find Charlie Rangel's direct quote on other websites..I just happened to find that one first that quoted him.

I didn't post so folks could comment on the messenger..I had hoped they would see Rangel's quote and comment on that.

Believe me Rangel and most of the other dems are no better. I don't think we can truly trust those who able to accept bribes. Now thanks to the Supreme Court ruling it's only going get worse.

By the way, sorry for my typo in the OP folks. It was meant to read bang not bag. I kinda like Grayson don't want to see him go out in a bag
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies