Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 12:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I agree with you, mean people suck.

It's easy for somebody to be a jerk as long as it's not them or affecting them. America has kind of gone down the toilet in that regard, the disregard for others, lack of compassion and general mean spirited nature is the norm.

Last time I was employed I was 16 flipping hamburgers, so I will never get any unemployment. When times are hard, I don't get any unemployment check. There are many just like me, that have been labeled "self employed" by everyone we ever worked for.

I have not made crap in the last 3 years to amount to much.
I must go look for a job everyday, even during good times.
I have to sell my talent, time and education, every job I get a contract for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 01:10 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,238,406 times
What I don't understand is how some people think that the unemployed are living "the good life" on the amount of benefits they receive. I know it varies from state to state, but the state I just moved from ranks 50th out of 50 for the amount of unemployment benefits paid out. I know a guy back there who got laid off from a job where he was making about $45,000 a year. He's on unemployment now and gets a whole $76.50 per week in benefits. No one can live on that amount, that's less than half of what a minimum wage job would pay @ 40 hours a week.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:10 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Last time I was employed I was 16 flipping hamburgers, so I will never get any unemployment. When times are hard, I don't get any unemployment check. There are many just like me, that have been labeled "self employed" by everyone we ever worked for.

I have not made crap in the last 3 years to amount to much.
I must go look for a job everyday, even during good times.
I have to sell my talent, time and education, every job I get a contract for.
When I fell and broke both of my wrists shutting down my internet company for a year, I received nothing and spent another year getting it back open and generating money. No one was there to help for 1 week let alone 2 years..

When my first company went bankrupt, and I had my house burn down shortly after making me homeless with no income, again, no check coming from the government. These people have a lot of nerve whining because they only get 2 years of checks and then pretending that we have no idea what its like to struggle.

I spent ten years trying to find the right balance to get money coming in from my businesses. These people have no idea what its like to work for years without income, so they can spare me the whining about people being a jerk because they disagree with point of view.

And one day when I am wealthy enough to stop working 15 hours a day (would probably only be 12 if I stopped messing around on cd haha), they of course will continue to villiafy me because they somehow think they are entitled to my decades of hard work..

If they dont care about individuals who are successful through hard work, then why in the world should I care about them with their lack of work?

Old 12-09-2010, 01:11 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Makes sense to economists actually.
Those Bush and Obama stimulus checks really stimulated the economy

Old 12-09-2010, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
When I fell and broke both of my wrists shutting down my internet company for a year, I received nothing and spent another year getting it back open and generating money. No one was there to help for 1 week let alone 2 years..
These people have a lot of nerve whining because they only get 2 years of checks and then pretending that we have no idea what its like to struggle.

If they don't care about individuals who are successful through hard work, then why in the world should I care about them with their lack of work?
Those two statements pretty much says it in a nutshell.
Anyone getting unemployment MUST know how hard
it was when they worked. I do think, it is the self
employed, that probably have the longest haul, who
everyone else seems to forget about. We are the
backbone of America - without any hand out. Difference
is, we know it

Old 12-09-2010, 01:24 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,938,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Those Bush and Obama stimulus checks really stimulated the economy
You got a stimulus check from Obama? I thought Obama only gave those to the union bosses and heads of corporations.

I got two from Bush - and used them to stimulate the economy, you betcha!

Old 12-09-2010, 01:29 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Perhaps you should work on managing your own anger projection rather than attack others for doing same? Wishing others ill will is pretty immature, IMO.
If you're suffering ill will and you wish others ill will, that's only being human and it's only human to be immature, at times.

Misery loves, cherishes company.

If I lose my job, my house, my car, and my neighbor remains uneffected, and I hear him singing hymns of joy as I pack my U-Haul with my few remaining possessions, it would be most unnatural of me to sing along with him.

If I'm feeling miserable, nothing puts a quicker smile on my face than to hear of someone suffering right along with me. Call me human.

Last edited by tijlover; 12-09-2010 at 01:30 AM.. Reason: Edit

Old 12-09-2010, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
You got a stimulus check from Obama? I thought Obama only gave those to the union bosses and heads of corporations.

I got two from Bush - and used them to stimulate the economy, you betcha!
I wasn't eligible for Bush's and I think Obama's was a tax credit - of which I didn't qualify either

I know an elderly Aunt of mine on Social Security was real excited about getting her $300 from Bush so she could buy a another blender and coffee pot and some other **** made in
China

Old 12-09-2010, 02:02 AM

580 posts, read 2,293,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

When my first company went bankrupt, and I had my house burn down shortly after making me homeless with no income, again, no check coming from the government. These people have a lot of nerve whining because they only get 2 years of checks and then pretending that we have no idea what its like to struggle.

I spent ten years trying to find the right balance to get money coming in from my businesses. These people have no idea what its like to work for years without income, so they can spare me the whining about people being a jerk because they disagree with point of view.

And one day when I am wealthy enough to stop working 15 hours a day (would probably only be 12 if I stopped messing around on cd haha), they of course will continue to villiafy me because they somehow think they are entitled to my decades of hard work..

If they dont care about individuals who are successful through hard work, then why in the world should I care about them with their lack of work?

Sorry your life has been hell, but starting your own business is a high risk, high reward endeavor. If you make it, you can make it big, but most people who try to start their own business fail. This is one of the reasons I laugh when people on this forum tell unemployed people to start their own business.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:08 AM

580 posts, read 2,293,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
If you're suffering ill will and you wish others ill will, that's only being human and it's only human to be immature, at times.

Misery loves, cherishes company.

If I lose my job, my house, my car, and my neighbor remains uneffected, and I hear him singing hymns of joy as I pack my U-Haul with my few remaining possessions, it would be most unnatural of me to sing along with him.

If I'm feeling miserable, nothing puts a quicker smile on my face than to hear of someone suffering right along with me. Call me human.

I wouldn't want just anybody to suffer, just the people who seem to take joy in our misery. And there sure are a lot of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies