Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2010, 12:34 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,587,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Enough with the hyperbolic BS. How was she going to "hurt" someone? She didn't have a gun. She had a freakin' sign, that's all. She was just trying to be heard and her 1st amendment rights were promptly stomped on and then her head. The only "nutjobs" were the people who assaulted her.

I'm continually amazed at how profoundly undemocratic the average American is. Good thing we have a constitution to enforce what doesn't seem to come natural to the average Joe and Jane.

And for the record, no I'm not a lefty. I'm just not a partisan moron.
How did the security detail know all she had was a sign? She walked up to Rand Paul's car and started shoving things that people behind her couldn't see into his window. If she had done that to Obama, the Secret Service would have put two in her back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 12:43 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Tim Profitt, the Rand Paul tea party associate that made headlines stomping the head of a pinned down young girl has his day in court, Pleads not guilty

Tim Profitt, Alleged 'Rand Paul Stomper,' Due In Court
This coward will cop a plea before ever getting into a court room. Total loser.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:44 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
For the record...The legal definition of assault. "A person commits an assault when without the consent of another person, he applies force intentionally to that other person, directly or indirectly; he attempts or threatens, by an act or a gesture, to apply force to another person"

The legal definition of battery..."An assault can be committed without a battery and battery can occur without an assault preceding it. For example, swinging at someone and missing is an assault but not a battery. Striking someone from behind, without his or her knowledge, is a battery but not an assault."

I have no idea if the men that took her down and held her were security people, I don't think they were as they are described as Rand Paul supporters, but Profitt was not a member of any security detail.

He is guilty of both of the above as written in law.

Last edited by sanspeur; 12-10-2010 at 12:53 AM..

Old 12-10-2010, 04:07 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
You do when you're on the security detail and some strange person walks up to a car that has the person you're protecting and starts trying to shove unknown objects into the window.
Having worked for both Celebrities, I know that you ARE NOT allowed to touch another individual abusively and to cause them harm unless there is an order of protection against said person and you are keeping them apart, or if it is private property and they are trespassing (i.e. backstage). Otherwise, NO- you may not legally do what they did to that girl.

I have worked with security regarding stalkers, and threats towards celebrities, and just because someone hands you something, you cannot attack them.

Been there, done that. QUICK- Call pmkbnc (http://www.pmkhbh.com/home/index.html - broken link) and have them spin it so that Paul and Profitt don't look like *******s who had their goons beat up a tiny activist.
Email KWIKA || Practice Areas and get ready for a lawsuit because the Civil trial will groundbreaking.

Stop defending there horrific actions and the incorrect usage of self defense as the excuse. There IS NO EXCUSE for that kind of behavior from a "Security Detail".

Old 12-10-2010, 04:13 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
It wasn't a young girl, she didn't get stomped on. Twist the facts all you wish if lying makes you feel better.
Any way you cut it he physically assaulted her.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:24 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
How did the security detail know all she had was a sign? She walked up to Rand Paul's car and started shoving things that people behind her couldn't see into his window. If she had done that to Obama, the Secret Service would have put two in her back.
We wouldn't be having this discussion if it were indeed the security detail that put their hands (or feet) on her. The average Joe has zero rights to put their hands on anyone. The dude that put his foot on her head, shoulder, whatever, was a volunteer for Paul. He claimed he used his foot because of his bad back.

If the secret service thought she was a threat they would have done something about it. If there were no ss present, it would have been security. Not some old guys playing vigilante.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:44 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Having worked for both Celebrities, I know that you ARE NOT allowed to touch another individual abusively and to cause them harm unless there is an order of protection against said person and you are keeping them apart, or if it is private property and they are trespassing (i.e. backstage). Otherwise, NO- you may not legally do what they did to that girl.
Then, by your logic, the MoveOn chick was also in the wrong for shoving her sign into the car. Right?

I have watched this video tens of times due to it being shown on Fox over and over. The man didn't even touch her head.

I'll break it down for those who perhaps need to check with their optometrists:

1) The woman ran to Paul's car and shoved her sign in the window at his face.

2) Immediately, people started yelling and a couple guys came up and grabbed her.

3) In the struggle (which, mind you, the men probably thought she was trying to do harm to Paul, since who in their right mind would run up to a moving vehicle with a congressional candidate in it?), they all fell over.

4) One man was holding the woman and trying to subdue her and another woman stepped over her. It actually looks to me like she stepped ON her, but it's not totally clear.

5) At the same time, Profitt put his foot on her shoulder and pushed down, hard. Her shoulder rolled forward, and his foot moved with it. As her shoulder rolls back again, you can see his foot is still on it, holding her down or perhaps prepared to repeat the push if she tried to get up.

6) Another guy said to stop and Profitt immediately removed his foot and stepped back.

Now, I do not have any experience in law but I can tell you, I can make a good argument in Profitt's defense. Just look at the facts, nobody was stomped, nothing occurred maliciously except for her running to the car and shoving a sign into Paul's face. If you look at his face, you can tell he's completely confused. The woman wasn't hurt and SHE is the one who said her head was stomped, which clearly it was not (which means she's a liar).

It could also be argued that as the shuffle went on, her wig came off, which probably confused them all. If you're legit, why do you need a wig? This goes to the mental state of the men who "took her down." When things don't add up, people take action, whether they do so consciously or not (I would argue that the "take-down" was not a conscious action on any of them men's parts, it all happened quickly and they did what they thought they had to do to protect Paul). My instinct is that Profitt probably had enough time to figure out what was going on but was caught up in the situation and adrenaline kicked in, so he acted.

And then you have defense of others. We all know what that means so I don't feel the need to explain it.

Then you have this crazy chick's priors enter into the situation, so you know her intentions were not kosher, she was not just trying to get a picture holding her sign up. If you wanted a picture with your sign, why would you SHOVE IT into someone's face, when that someone happens to be sitting inside a moving vehicle? Makes no sense. The woman was there to caught trouble, which she did, and she acknowledged by saying she was giving him a fake award. The story changes regularly, again, going to the motives of the woman and MoveOn. She should be charged with assaulting Paul, in all honesty.

None of us knows what we would have done in that situation. I think it's ridiculous to call Profitt a scumbag just b/c he pushed down on someone's shoulder with his foot. Y'all can call it "stomping on her head" all you want, the fact remains that he did not even touch her head and the action could not be construed as "stomping."

Oh, and she's not a "young girl." I'm just a few years older than she is and if someone called me a "girl" of any kind, I'd be a little miffed.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:52 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Whatever happened to the SEIU guy who beat up Gladney? Nothing? That's what I thought. Must be nice to have a DoJ that is biased.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:53 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
<snip>I have watched this video tens of times due to it being shown on Fox over and over. The man didn't even touch her head
No he didn't touch her head, her jacket was upside her head. You didn't see anything more than the
rest of us no matter how many times you watched the damn video.

Profitt is a yellow bellied COWARD, quit trying to defend the asshat....

Old 12-10-2010, 08:07 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
No he didn't touch her head, her jacket was upside her head. You didn't see anything more than the
rest of us no matter how many times you watched the damn video.

Profitt is a yellow bellied COWARD, quit trying to defend the asshat....
Again, calling names. How mature. I didn't see anything more than the rest of you, but some people are trying to make it out to be something it wasn't. He DID.NOT.STOMP.HER.HEAD. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies