Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 09:07 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times

Advertisements

I have to agree that public schooling is worthless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 09:10 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillynillyTalc View Post
Also, the fed needs to have a minimum of involvement in national education. They need to at least set a minimum standard that all public schools should meet for a student to graduate. Otherwise we get states with different levels of requirements for a student to graduate. To have an educated American citizen there needs to be a standard.
WRONG WONG WRONG. That is the exact thinking that has caused our primary education system in this country to go to hell. With the states controlling the education systems what you get is competition. Those states that want a highly educated and productive society will ensure their system of education is world class. LIKE CALIFORNIA was before the scumbag communists weaseled their way in.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:11 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
That is why we are private school supporters!

Old 12-11-2010, 09:30 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
That is why we are private school supporters!
We are too! Unfortunately, our tax dollars are still being wasted on this Governmental Beast! Also, the Feds are taking advantage of their role in Education to politically indoctrinate generation after generation of future voters and activists.

So, even though I am a strong supporter of private or home schooling, I still see a need to stay on top of what is going on in the public schools and push for what I think is best for our pocketbooks and all the kids, who afterall will soon be voting and pushing us around in our wheelchairs at some point in time.

Federal Education is a very expensive, potentially damaging/intrusive, waste!

Let's save a billion dollars each year and say "bye bye."

Old 12-11-2010, 10:09 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Education is a reason why I'm not a Republican. They offer no real solutions when it comes to improving our schools, just let's end the dept. of education. Great idea.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:18 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
I took my kids out of the Federal Dept. of Indoctrination and they are far more educated then their peers. I refuse to let the leftist to warp my children's minds with their agendas.

Of all the federal departments this is one of the first that needs to GO!

Old 12-11-2010, 10:22 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
Close the Education Department! « John Stossel

I'm on board. The Feds have no Constitutional Role in Education anyway. They are ineffective in bettering the educational quality of schools. Way too expensive. Extremely intrusive.

A Hundred Billion Dollars a Year...for what?

. poorly performing schools

. intrusive social programs

I say if we are really trying to trim the budget, let's look here. How many times has the Federal Dept. of Education threatened to cut funding to poorly performing schools. Well, times are tough right now and looking back at the track record of our nation's schools, what improvement have we seen, despite having spent billions of dollars on the Federal Dept. of Education? We still have poorly performing schools. Time to Fire the Feds./Withhold their funding.
DOE is created for one purpose, to train an army of workers. Someone who take order, not someone who think for themselves.

Of course, they are making our kids stupid. No wonder the groups there were well off never send their kids to public school.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:24 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I took my kids out of the Federal Dept. of Indoctrination and they are far more educated then their peers. I refuse to let the leftist to warp my children's minds with their agendas.

Of all the federal departments this is one of the first that needs to GO!
That's good for you. Not all children are that lucky, hence the need for public schools.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:28 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillynillyTalc View Post
I don't know if you actually read what I wrote, but I am not against the Federal government removing itself from education, to a degree. I'm just concerned that a smaller Federal government means a larger State government. Again, we are going for the lesser of two evils.
You do realize that our form of government was designed to leave most of the power in the hands of the states and of the people don't you?

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

If you don't like one state government you have 49 other states from which to choose to live.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:28 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
The government, at any level has no business in education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies