Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 10:05 AM

939 posts, read 3,386,085 times

Advertisements

Madoff son found dead of apparent suicide - CNN.com

I hate to see anyone take their own life. I feel bad for Mark Madoff's young children, they are the only true innocents here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 10:45 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
So handsome ...

Madoff Sr. was pond sc** but not sure how much his dad had done affected his son... I am sure this will be revealed in coming days...

Old 12-11-2010, 10:54 AM

136 posts, read 481,191 times
take his own life????? Mabe he was Wacked

Old 12-12-2010, 08:53 AM

52 posts, read 226,659 times
Or maybe the devil came to claim his take.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:04 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,369 times
There are 1000s of people who take their lives each year. I don't care for this one. I can understand why he would do it though. These rich people live in mansions and drive exotic/luxury cars that are priced more than most peoples homes. And then the cloths they buy and vacations they take. All first class and best class imaginable. Now you are asking because people were stupid and lost all their money. That this excellent example of a rich person, join the ranks where we are all living in. I can't bear that thought of being super rich to being super ordinary. And all because people got greedy. Don't blame greed if you lose your wealth. Blame your stupidity. But I am glad that those rich people lost their money. They inherited it from their parents who stole it from honest people. Its the way people make their money nowadays. You get few Carnagie or Rockefeller or Mars now. The majority of the rich are given the money or get it from blackmarket activity. Then those black market bosses give the money to accountants and financial advisors who grow the money by legitimate means to make it look like honest money. It isn't. Its theft and cannot be punished because you punish one guy then you should punish the other 1000s who are not for doing the same thing.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:10 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
The majority of the rich are given the money or get it from blackmarket activity.
Um, that's an awfully sweeping statement. If someone made such a sweeping statement about poor people, they'd be crucified for it.

Most people become rich through owning businesses, usually dull and boring ones.

I think maybe you've been watching too much TV. The people who attract the most attention are the rich folks who are celebrities, sports starts, & as you mention, those whose gains are ill gotten.

But most people make their riches honestly, and most don't inherit it.

You've obviously never read The Millionaire Next Door, Stop Acting Rich, or The Difference. Otherwise, you'd know what you're saying is mostly off base.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:17 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,942 times
Suicide is a selfish act. He committed the act with his son in the next room. That's who I feel sorry for. People have to consider the repercussions of an act before executing it.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:08 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times

As I look into the eyes of Bernie Madoff in this picture, I wonder how in his mind, and internally, he could have enjoyed something like this event, knowing it was all from stolen money and that things were bound to collapse. There just doesn't seem to be a hint of any fear, sadness or uneasiness in his eyes, as he smiles directly into the camera...very eerie picture.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:06 PM

917 posts, read 2,005,321 times
I feel bad for his kids. This is the type of story you would read in a book. Selfish father scams people, leaving son in debt and the son takes his own life.

I heard on the new that he was stressed out because him and his kids were dealing with lawsuits. They also said that he knew no one would ever hire him so he was trying to start his own business.

Now his two kids who are under age 2 are going to be responsible for paying back the victims. That's crazy.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:49 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post

As I look into the eyes of Bernie Madoff in this picture, I wonder how in his mind, and internally, he could have enjoyed something like this event, knowing it was all from stolen money and that things were bound to collapse. There just doesn't seem to be a hint of any fear, sadness or uneasiness in his eyes, as he smiles directly into the camera...very eerie picture.
The same way Dubya could not feel guilty at all when he sent in young men and women to die for oil - we are not real and therefore don't matter to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies