Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2010, 07:15 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
sanrene, you also forgot that this was sold to the american public because healthcare costs were rising to fast and Obama was going to do something to slow down the growth and make healthcare more affordable. But the CBO says this will make it more expensive, over 10% higher, and yet Obama continued to lie to the public and tell them how this will help us....
There is a chasm between the list of stated "goals" of obamacare and the reality.

We can keep our doctor? NO, it turns out.

We can keep our HC plan? NO, it turns out.

We will save a couple thousand on premiums? NO, it turns out.

It will bend the cost curve? NO, it turns out.

It will reduce the deficit? NO, it turns out. And could anyone believe that paying insurance for another 30 million would reduce ANYTHING?

What's one more LIE told by the dems and obama?

Last edited by sanrene; 12-14-2010 at 07:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 07:19 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,081,159 times
The ONLY time they cannot deny service is if IT IS LIFE THREATENING (which rehab is not considered life threatening sweetie).

Um, don't come to AZ, they will deny you life threatening treatment. They just booted transplants from the list of coverage in our state. Just so ya know, they are dying without them. It's gross...............................the greed in our country far outweighs the compassion.

Last edited by twiggy; 12-14-2010 at 07:39 AM..

Old 12-14-2010, 07:38 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Default rulings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
The same could be said about the two judges who ruled for ObamaCare. They were appointed by Clinton..
I could be wrong, but the 2 rulings in favor of Obamacare were in relation to other areas of the bill and not the one which "required" each citizen to have healthcare.

I think one was related to a standardized minimum coverage plan, and not the require to carry insurance.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:42 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I couldnt take anymore of them whining about how wonderful a single payer would be, while criticizing the results
Not deep thinkers, are they?

Old 12-14-2010, 07:48 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Can't any of the lefties answer this question?

Doesn't it bother you that obama/dems LIED about the "penalty" NOT being a tax during the HC debate, but they then call it a "tax" while defending it in court, because they KNOW that without it being deemed a "tax", the law is in jeopardy of being overturned? Are you just so used to being lied to and duped now by this fraud?

Isn't that a deceptive, cynical, disgusting tactic they used?

Commentary » Blog Archive » Obama’s Cynical Maneuvering on the Health-Care Mandate

You condone the LYING by obama and the dems?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL7ak__MGyw

On The Record w Greta VanSusteren - FoxNews.com

My Way News - Long legal fight ahead for health law
You know perfectly well they condone Obama's and the Dems' lying, cheating, and/or stealing as long as they get what they want, while forcing someone else to pay for it.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:50 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I could be wrong, but the 2 rulings in favor of Obamacare were in relation to other areas of the bill and not the one which "required" each citizen to have healthcare.

I think one was related to a standardized minimum coverage plan, and not the require to carry insurance.
You are correct. Those cases didn't even get into the meat of obamacare. This ruling goes to the heart, and puts an arrow straight through, the foundation of obamacare. Without forcing people to engage in commerce, the funding for obamacare flies out the window.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:35 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,081,159 times
I tip my glass to France, and their people, who won't bow down to pressure. You realize that WE are the government, our laws reflect our backbone. Obviously ours is a bit bendy. lol

Old 12-14-2010, 10:24 AM

383 posts, read 641,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
The ONLY time they cannot deny service is if IT IS LIFE THREATENING (which rehab is not considered life threatening sweetie).

Um, don't come to AZ, they will deny you life threatening treatment. They just booted transplants from the list of coverage in our state. Just so ya know, they are dying without them. It's gross...............................the greed in our country far outweighs the compassion.
Do you have a link to back this up?

Old 12-14-2010, 10:53 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfurm View Post
Do you have a link to back this up?
This has been posted a number of times, but here it is again.

Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-14-2010, 11:16 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
you ACTUALLY think that would not happen with a singlepayer????
\

medicaid IS A SINGLEPAYER system

you think having a universal coverage, is going to stop doctors from not TAKING NEW PATIENTS when they are already overbooked, because there is already a doctor shortage?????

you have a lot of learning to do, if you keep believing that pipe dream

I believe that once everyone has the same health care that Doctors will not be denying patients based on their insurance, which is what they currently do now.

You know, you currently may not be able to go to the doctor you want with certain HMO's because they are not in the network.
This is because they have not come to an agreement on PRICING and charges for service. So therefore you cannot go to the doctor of your CHOICE.

It is COMMON SENSE that once we ALL have UHC, that this bickering about amounts for visit and services will disappear because you only are working with one insurance. I am not saying the Doctors should not be compensated, just not as GROSSLY as they are currently being compensated.

I have had numerous insurances but managed to keep the same Dr. through it all. Blue Shield had an agreement to pay him $278 for each visit. Aetna had an agreement to pay him $265 for each visit. And when I had not fulfilled my deductable, I was billed @ $300 for the visit until my Healthnet insurance got involved and it was lowered to their agreed upon $245 payment for an office visit. GEE why do some people pay more?

So you see, not only do you not pay the same amount if you were paying CASH, but within the different companies they have different agreed upon amounts.

Medicaid does not negotiate and they pay whatever they see fit. So if Blue Cross pays $278 for the visit, then Medicaid would offer $170 and not a penny more. There is no negotiating and you may not bill the customer for the rest of the amount SO DOCTORS STOP TAKING MEDICAID PATIENTS. This is how people WITH insurance cannot find a Doctor to care for them. Which means they are essentially being denied health care.

That is why if there was JUST ONE health care system in the country, this would NOT happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies