Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 02:43 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

A sweeping food safety bill that passed the House and Senate earlier this year before stalling because of a legislative technicality now will likely die because Republicans object to giving it quick approval in the waning days of the congressional session, Senate leadership aides on both sides of the aisle said Friday.

The bill, designed to increase government inspections of the food supply in the wake of recent deadly food borne disease outbreaks, originally passed with wide support in the both chambers.

Food safety bill could die - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 07:56 AM

243 posts, read 274,916 times
I hope so. The gov. needs to stay out of my refrigerator!

Old 12-19-2010, 08:02 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
It needs to die.

The current regulation/inspection teams need to do the job they're paid to do.

New legislation only brings more headaches for all.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:30 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellwater View Post
Absolutely! You should be able to consume all of the E.coli and salmonella riddled food that your heart desires!

I hear that there is a special on Mad Cow beef burgers today. Don't miss out on that yummy deal.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:33 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Absolutely! You should be able to consume all of the E.coli and salmonella riddled food that your heart desires!

I hear that there is a special on Mad Cow beef burgers today. Don't miss out on that yummy deal.
In your own fridge, it's your fault. In the grocery store, not so much!

Old 12-19-2010, 09:33 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellwater View Post
No schit, Jack!

Old 12-19-2010, 09:36 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

That reminds me, they can stay out of my bedroom, too.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:39 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times
This bill is a sleeper cell to destroy our ability to feed ourselves in our own community.

The rurals would be affected the most, generally because they buy local seasonal produce and meats.

Farmers markets and backyard gardens will be regulated to death.

Control the food, control the sheeple.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:39 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
And what would this admin do if the found something wrong? Nothing of course.

This admin was suppose to be watching over the inspections of oil rigs in the gulf and what happened?

The inspection report of how the rig failed its last inspection was never caught by this administrations officials and therefore the damage was done.

Thanks for watching those rigs and forgetting to read the inspection reports.

This food bill has nothing to do with watch dogging it, and has everything to do with trying to control food.

Even if they found something they would forget to read the report anyway.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:46 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
It should die, let's hope it does.

More incompetence from Reid........thank goodness!

Food-safety bill victim of omnibus defeat, incompetence « Hot Air

Quote:
Senate Democrats bragged that they had passed a far-reaching food-safety bill opposed by conservatives for its overreach and regulatory expansion, until their counterparts in the House pronounced it dead on arrival for its unconstitutional creation of new tax policy. Reid had hoped to sneak the House version into the omnibus in order to wipe the egg off of his face, but that plan ended up under the omnibus:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies