Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 11:10 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
There's also a law in North Carolina that states a mistress may be sued for "alienation of affection" by the wife if it can be proven. It doesn't mean the law is ever executed. This is baloney and a mere technicality for the Assange haters. Incidentally, there is little to no physical evidence of this act. Unless Assange makes a full confession (I doubt it), I can see no easy way of convicting him.

I'm not here principally to debate the merits of the case, however. I am here to just laugh in the faces of the pathetic clones of Javert and Captain Ahab.
There is a huge difference between criminal law, and civil law.. Being able to sue doesnt always mean a crime was committed, and having a crime committed against you doesnt always mean you can sue..

And just because there is little to no physical evidence doesnt mean a crime didnt take place.

For example.. children who accuse adults of molestation.. Often times there is no evidence, especially with men/boy relationships.. Does that mean it didnt happen?

I'm not saying the man is guilty, I dont have enough information to judge.. I find it odd though that so many others here have such evidence to vindicate him. Maybe you guys should be contacting his defense attorney, i'm sure they'd love to see the proof you guys have available..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 11:15 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Un married women having casual sex for gain would constitute a *****.

Julian is a fornicator, and is clearly getting a lesson on where he puts his John Thomas.

Monogomy does not have these type of associated problems.

I call it as i see it.
He's just looking for love in all the wrong places.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:20 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you think its silly, to have women claim rape? Not a position I'd boast about.
I think it's silly that a day after Assange releases the cables, suddenly he's one of Interpol's most wanted for a case that essentially amounts to he-said she-said accusations of sex without a condom. One of these accusations I might add coming from a woman who is suspected of being involved with the CIA. Oh, and charges were dropped by the Swedish prosecutors on account of lack of evidence, too.

This is a great deal more suspicious than your average accusation of rape. It's all much too convenient.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:20 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
He's just looking for love in all the wrong places.
True.

I hope he survives, this leak business is a serious game changer in showing the emperors have no clothes.

The corrupt gov'ts are not new, its just rare to get a glimpse of the real love of money and power, and the corrupting influence it has on humans.

IMO. nothing in those leaks are for their eyes only. We (in the USA) demand an honest and transparent gov't.

They (gov't) need to know that we know what they are up to.
That goes for the corruption in the Corporate structures as well.

Can't wait for the bank transcripts.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:30 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
I think it's silly that a day after Assange releases the cables, suddenly he's one of Interpol's most wanted for a case that essentially amounts to he-said she-said accusations of sex without a condom. One of these accusations I might add coming from a woman who is suspected of being involved with the CIA. Oh, and charges were dropped by the Swedish prosecutors on account of lack of evidence, too.

This is a great deal more suspicious than your average accusation of rape. It's all much too convenient.
So you sit here and talk about individuals who are "suspected" of being involved with the CIA, as if thats a crime, while defending the actions of what might be a real crime.. rape.. And the fact that charges were dropped by A, doesnt mean person B cant pick them up.. That happens all the time EVERYWHERE...

Convenience? yeah, the man put himself out looking for publicity.. Oftentimes criminals can go decades without being charged until they become public figures.. How is that shocking to you?

Old 12-19-2010, 11:38 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times
Quote:
So you sit here and talk about individuals who are "suspected" of being involved with the CIA, as if thats a crime, while defending the actions of what might be a real crime.. rape.. And the fact that charges were dropped by A, doesnt mean person B cant pick them up.. That happens all the time EVERYWHERE...

Convenience? yeah, the man put himself out looking for publicity.. Oftentimes criminals can go decades without being charged until they become public figures.. How is that shocking to you?
The CIA is beyond corrupt, beyond evil. They truly suck. Nothing they touch is moral, or legal.

In the 80's they got caught bringing in tons of Cocaine to spread through the ghetto's and mansions of the US, at the orders of the highest level. They kill on command, they ruin our relations with the world, and are the hit men of the elite money lovers.

I wouldn't defend the Corruptors tools.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:52 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Maybe you guys should be contacting his defense attorney, i'm sure they'd love to see the proof you guys have available..
I don't admire Assange. I admire Wikileaks in the context of outing government corruption. Yes, admiration can be mutually exclusive.

One does not need "proof" of their innocence. The onus is on the prosecutor to find sufficient DNA evidence or a legitimate recording of the act. That's how it works in civilized societies. Whether it happened or not is not directly relevant to prosecution. They're already pushing the envelope with this idea of sex without a condom being considered rape. It's very bad PR and it would be very bad politically to use a weak case of "he said, she said" coupled with circumstantial evidence to get a successful prosecution.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:01 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,372 times
Quote:
I never said the man was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.. I said the man should face a jury, whats your problem with that?

Yes, police records are also public.. You can go down to your local public records office and obtain a copy of them, or they can even be retrieved online through other companies who will charge you to retrieve them for you.

Police Records - Instant Online Records Retrieval

They are often used for example when you are in a car accident, and you want a copy of the police report for evidence for trial..
That has not been my experience. I have tried to obtain police reports which were not made a part of court files. Was told that they are not public records. If YOU are the person in an auto accident, then YOU can get a copy of the police reports for sure. Not so sure about getting police reports in other people's cases. I tried to get a police report from an old disturbance of the peace case and was denied access to it. All I could get was what was in the case file, which was not complete.

I've never heard of a local public records office. When you say police records, what all does that include?

Old 12-19-2010, 12:07 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,372 times
Quote:
There is a huge difference between criminal law, and civil law.. Being able to sue doesnt always mean a crime was committed, and having a crime committed against you doesnt always mean you can sue..

And just because there is little to no physical evidence doesnt mean a crime didnt take place.

For example.. children who accuse adults of molestation.. Often times there is no evidence, especially with men/boy relationships.. Does that mean it didnt happen?

I'm not saying the man is guilty, I dont have enough information to judge.. I find it odd though that so many others here have such evidence to vindicate him. Maybe you guys should be contacting his defense attorney, i'm sure they'd love to see the proof you guys have available..
They are ALLEGATIONS until convicted by a jury or a judge (in a judge trial). Unless you were present at the time the alleged actions took place, and you saw it with your own eyes (even then you can be deceived), there is no way to know whether or not a crime was actually committed. That's why they are called allegations and the prosecutor has to have evidence to prove his/her case.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:03 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Don't these leakers stop to think the damage they go do to Assange, by releasing these documents?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies