Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 08:17 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,289,826 times

Advertisements

There's a mini ice age coming, says man who beats weather experts

A man who uses solar activity to study weather, and has an amazing rate of accuracy, claims that his study shows we are heading into another ice age around 2035. Given that history shows ice ages follow periods of warming, and the weather patterns in Europe and the US this year, his warnings may be worth considering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 05:03 PM

21,142 posts, read 19,722,567 times
No it can't be true. Al Gore said we are causing the Earth to get hotter, and he can't be wrong.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:20 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
I will give you another ice age is coming, and it looks like I will miss it. I would appreciate one to be frank, just because i prefer cold to hot. It will have not a thing to do with man and man's silly wants however.

All that's happened is the tide has changed, which always happens, and always will untill the sun expands and kills earth.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:44 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Global warming and cooling of the northern hemisphere are not antithetical concepts.

A Chilling Possibility - NASA Science

Old 12-23-2010, 07:16 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
This is why they changed the term from Global Warming to Climate Change.

Because everyone assumes the entire planet will just get hotter. Some parts will while others will get colder.

I totally believe in it... I just am not sure that humans are the cause.
I think it is just a natural thing and there is nothing we can do about it. Although we should still try to limit our impact on this Earth of ours.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:06 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
yeah weather is subject to change. You otter try living in NH. No matter what the weather is, if you don't like it, in a minute it will be different.

Yesterday it snowed 5 times added up to naught, the sun was out several times it cloulded over many more times , rained a second, then was calm and then windy with in a moment.

I object to the idea man altered the weather by driving cars, burning wood, and etc.

Choose any larger volcano going up in rock and smoke and then you get a weather system change, change ocean currents, add or subtract water from the 7 seas and you get changes, but these are not man made and man can't stop them.

We can pollute the hell out of the air and water, poision the earth, but we don't change the weather in the ways everyone thinks so commonly.

It's like blaming sailing ships for hurricanes or stuffing air from a box of Kleenx.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:07 PM

661 posts, read 1,251,422 times
Every time a volcano goes off it releases more ozone depleting chemical than man has through all of time. Yet don't through out a fridge, every little bit helps, lol, lol!

Old 12-27-2010, 07:37 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
I particularly love when someone in Cleveland says on a forum: "It snowed a foot today and it's 20 degrees! The Earth isn't warming!"

It is. But don't expect Floridian like winters here for at least 200 years... and that's if this hmmm.... new name for it, the "Natural Warming Trend" .... continues.

But I still firmly believe we should care about where our fridges go and where we get our energy from. Just because I believe it isn't our fault doesn't mean I agree with raping the Earth for oil. Some folks believe that if you think like I do, that it is natural, that I am pro fossil fuels or something... lol

Old 12-27-2010, 08:19 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
There's a mini ice age coming, says man who beats weather experts

A man who uses solar activity to study weather, and has an amazing rate of accuracy, claims that his study shows we are heading into another ice age around 2035. Given that history shows ice ages follow periods of warming, and the weather patterns in Europe and the US this year, his warnings may be worth considering.
Slightly off of your topic but non the less on the mark.
The Iron Hypothesis

Old 12-27-2010, 09:19 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
No you can't change 'Global Warming' to 'Global Climate Change'. Don't you know that for the conservatives it is not a scientific issue but a political issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies