Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 05:25 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
The last 20+ years have been nothing but right wing terrorist nuts. Just because you are not educated on this, doesn't mean you can make crap up.
So what is your excuse? Do you just dismiss the ecoterrorist attacks within the USA because it doesn't fit your agenda?

Ecoterrorism: Extremism in the Animal Rights and Environmentalist Movements

Now if Holder was actually referring to radicalized Muslims in the US who are naturalized citizens, it would be the first thing he has gotten correct since taking office. But, what is the real intent here? Is it to back up the FCC for "net neutrality", a.k.a. government regulation of free speech over the internet?

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 12-22-2010 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 05:58 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
He isn't wrong. And he didn't say we needed to watch out for our neighbors either.
I don't understand why people get upset when someone speaks a fact.
In plenty of instances it is because someone told them to

Old 12-22-2010, 06:01 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,190 times
Holder and company are saying it's FOR the protection of the citizenry.

The real reason this new security state is burgeoning - is to protect the GOVERNMENT from the CITIZENS.

Think about it.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Now if Holder was actually referring to radicalized Muslims in the US who are naturalized citizens, it would be the first thing he has gotten correct since taking office. But, was is the real intent here? Is it to back up the FCC for "net neutrality", a.k.a. government regulation of free speech over the internet?
Free speech will end in America by the end of 2011, 2012 at the latest.

We all know it's coming.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:22 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,303,886 times
The only radicals we need to fear and keep under control are left wingers who seem to hate America and our way of life.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:05 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,335 times
It must suck to live in fear.
Sometimes I almost feel sorry for those poor tortured souls who see demons lurking around every corner. But then I start laughing at them because as it turns out life is 100% fatal.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:53 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,193,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Of course they will be looking at "us" and "them". I'd like to know the "keywords" which will trigger the NSA taps to listen in to whatever you write or say "just in case".
Words like "NSA", "taps"...

Old 12-22-2010, 10:36 PM

107 posts, read 214,246 times
As of this summer, my tiny quiet town now has a Citizens Police Force, comprised, of course, of town residents trained by the police to...I don't know....maybe....TO WATCH THE NEIGHBORS??? The Patriot Act has affected our free speech, we have controlled/censured media, are being full body xrayed in order to travel (is fingerprinting or eye scanning next?), and they have confiscated our money and jobs. This is so Germany 1933. Their choreography and timing are impeccable. Incredibly Orwellian. If you do not see this because you are on "meds", please put them away and wake the hell up.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:47 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,706,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yes do look at him.
He attended DHS meetings and was a security advisor to Obama's transition team.
He was in the military who are trained to look for signs of terrorist threats.
The FBI knew about him and his communications with that radical cleric 6 months BEFORE the shooting.

And you're now saying that you agree with Holder ?
Hasan was a big glowing threat bomb walking around free and the government did NOTHING. Due to PC "tolerance" of Muslims ? I really don't know.

And now Holder wants to have untrained local law enforcement watching out for "suspicious" people across the US ???
ok, I see your point. I am no fan of Holder. I said that i agree that we should be seriously watching homegrown terrorists. And, that definitely includes muslims.
Hasan was a US citizen, - so thats why I used him as an example.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
It must suck to live in fear.
Sometimes I almost feel sorry for those poor tortured souls who see demons lurking around every corner. But then I start laughing at them because as it turns out life is 100% fatal.
We can only hope you have the last laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies