Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 05:30 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times

Advertisements

This is cute and sad but funny, totally above board with no swear words and completely accurate!

If you are a fan of the T.S.A and offended easily don't listen.

Humor: Grandma Got Molested At The Airport
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 05:51 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
This is cute and sad but funny, totally above board with no swear words and completely accurate!

If you are a fan of the T.S.A and offended easily don't listen.

Humor: Grandma Got Molested At The Airport
Naw, if you are a TSA groupie you should. As noted, its accurate. Best part is the lining up and who it means won! Now this I want to hear on the raido. Frequently.

Most interesting that before Thanksgiving most airports had the scanners blacked out and did hardly any mosesting at all. what you wanna bet they do the same for Christmas?

Totally blanking on the syndicated raido show that featured parodies I used to listen to Sunday night, but this would truely be number one most requested material.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:24 PM

Speaking of which did you all hear about the guy who was carrying a revolver in his carry on bag that went through the X-ray machine and the TSA people weren't even paying attention????!!!!! Yet they stopped a poor woman who was right behind him that was carrying dangerous (sarcasm) liquids along the lines of shampoo!

Now what do you all who think the TSA is making traveling safer think??? It turns out they target the innocent, elderly, infirm with health problems and the well endowed for pat downs and let the weapon carrying persons aboard! Just great isn't it? THE ENTIRE TSA OUGHT TO BE SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY. WHAT A WASTE OF TAXPAYERS MONEY! WE ARE NOT ONE IOTA SAFER THAN WE WERE WITHOUT THE TSA.

Look at this.

TSA Too Busy Groping, Perving, Playing God To Notice Guns And Bombs

Was happy to find this article. Maybe if we keep complaining and complain MORE and HARDER they will GET RID of the TSA.

Look at this AP article on Yahoo entitled "TSA Has Met the Enemy -- and They Are Us"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101121/ap_on_re_us/us_airport_security_backlash (broken link)

Last edited by emilybh; 12-19-2010 at 08:54 PM..

Old 12-19-2010, 11:04 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
A number of years ago dw and I wrote a much dirtier version that began:

Spoiler
Grandma got bent over by a reindeer
Tricking at the whorehouse Christmas Eve
You might think that reindeer use protection
But Grandma still wound up with Lyme disease.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Speaking of which did you all hear about the guy who was carrying a revolver in his carry on bag that went through the X-ray machine and the TSA people weren't even paying attention????!!!!! Yet they stopped a poor woman who was right behind him that was carrying dangerous (sarcasm) liquids along the lines of shampoo!

Now what do you all who think the TSA is making traveling safer think??? It turns out they target the innocent, elderly, infirm with health problems and the well endowed for pat downs and let the weapon carrying persons aboard! Just great isn't it? THE ENTIRE TSA OUGHT TO BE SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY. WHAT A WASTE OF TAXPAYERS MONEY! WE ARE NOT ONE IOTA SAFER THAN WE WERE WITHOUT THE TSA.

Look at this.

TSA Too Busy Groping, Perving, Playing God To Notice Guns And Bombs

Was happy to find this article. Maybe if we keep complaining and complain MORE and HARDER they will GET RID of the TSA.

Look at this AP article on Yahoo entitled "TSA Has Met the Enemy -- and They Are Us"

TSA has met the enemy — and they are us - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101121/ap_on_re_us/us_airport_security_backlash - broken link)
Key phrase there is the part about early on worrying it would make people not fly. Don't be surprised if it comes true and the airlines are screaming and the airport business are complaining. Yes, some people have to fly but when you have to choose between having your DNA damaged and a virtual strip search ( which still doesn't show everything that could be hidden) or ... or *and* a hands on molest, people will not fade away. This if a violation that goes further than your shoes.

And the police state tatctics and attitude does not help. Just think when the first retruning soldier thinks he/she has just had enough of the tsa bully... only hope someone captures it on film.

They won't end up with "agents" who have a better public attitude since the people who don't love the power trip will be repulsed by the job, and unless they lie on the application potentials have to agree that it doesn't bother them to grope places that are private. So who/which presonality types will even want the job?

I say boycott airlines, airports and airport hotels, and taxi's and commuter busses and anything to DO with airports too. And write them to tell them you didn't chose them and why. One voice is lonely. Lots can make a great big loud howl.

Should these monstrosities move to trains, I guess its a one stop station or not traveling, but I won't buy into the propaganda.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:16 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
LOL... pretty funny! I like how one lady here in San Francisco dealt with it - she showed up at the airport (day before Thanksgiving) in a bikini, and said "if they wanna see my body, I figured I'd make it easy for them."

And I still remember when we took my mom's friend on a cruise, leaving out of Miami, and he has a titanium prosthetic leg... he removed it as the TSA requested, and then the agent immediately told him "you're going to have to WALK through the detector, since you didn't bring a wheelchair." (he only uses a cane when the leg is on) His response was simply "if you know how to walk with one leg, please enlighten me!" They got him a wheelchair asap.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:19 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
WOW! there is too much truth in this. I have to agree I feel no safer but far more violated with TSA. I';d be content to see them hit with the budget cut.. go ahead and take Homeland Security with them. They are reactionaries... they don't catch things. Fruit of the boom, my pocket knife. and so on but They are allowed to violate the people. when will we say enough?

Old 12-22-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
WOW! there is too much truth in this. I have to agree I feel no safer but far more violated with TSA. I';d be content to see them hit with the budget cut.. go ahead and take Homeland Security with them. They are reactionaries... they don't catch things. Fruit of the boom, my pocket knife. and so on but They are allowed to violate the people. when will we say enough?
I agree with you 100%. They can start by cutting spending by getting rid of these enormous departments whose purpose is to do nothing more than harrass Americans.

The one to be established(the FOOD POLICE) as a result of the unfortunatel (for us) passage of the so called "Food Safety Modernization Act" (which was nothing more than a boon to BIG AGRA and a burden to small farmers) has tons of unfunded state mandates that will cost an arm and a leg to taxpayers to implement. Guess who Obama's hand picked czar is for this? It is a past Monsanto V.P.. The perfect choice to keep our food whole and pure and chemical and GMO free (sarcasm).

They could throw out half the Federal Agencies and the government would STILL be too big in my opinion.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:12 AM

Here's an update on lies told by the TSA. (They could have added a verse in the song about all the lies they've told us since day one like the scanners were safe; images wouldn't be saved; images wouldn't be detailed; no invasive pat downs would be done.)

Take a look: TSA Admits Lying About Naked Boy Controversy

Old 12-22-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Here's an update on lies told by the TSA. (They could have added a verse in the song about all the lies they've told us since day one like the scanners were safe; images wouldn't be saved; images wouldn't be detailed; no invasive pat downs would be done.)

Take a look: TSA Admits Lying About Naked Boy Controversy
Sounds like it is time for the police to be involved and some absolutely honest reasons for "patting down" the kid on the part of the TSA agent, which could be difficult seeing how much has been lied about. And I hope the agent is out of a job. Shouldn't those who covered up be given the same scruteny as the churches with priests and boys?

Will be interesting in the next few days to see if the scanners go dark again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies