Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 05:50 PM

979 posts, read 4,456,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
We also expect quiet a few new residents
Like I said before which you ignored, the vacancy rate is rising
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 06:03 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,289,338 times
Man...people will believe anything these days. A lot of this "green" hype is just a money making ploy like the War on Terror....why are "organic" products always much more expensive than "non-organic" products?? You would think since it came from the earth and "it's all-natural" that it would be cheaper. Now I can kinda agree that we should look into alternative/renewable energy sources. I think it could help create jobs, diversify the economy, and since the energy presumably will come from within our own borders...will make sure these jobs stay in the US. Just my .02 cents

Old 01-03-2011, 06:06 PM

138 posts, read 314,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modsquad81 View Post
Since you've been away so long.

Environmental issues in New York City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the list goes on. Like you say we have to "continually update infrastructure". I wouldn't exactly say we've been stagnent since you "discovered" the rest of the world.
Can you quote me where I said we were not updating our infrastructure. I didn't think so. I simply stated we must continue to improve due to the fact we will see an increase in residents.

Do you agree or disagree that pollution is a problem?

Quote:
Like I said before which you ignored, the vacancy rate is rising
What city do you live in?

Population - New York City Department of City Planning

PLANYC 2030

[quote]How Big is Too Big for New York City?

New York City is supposed to grow by more than 600,000 people between now and 2030, and it could grow more after that. Is there a point when the Big Apple will be too big?

Moderator cut: Copyright issue

How Big Is Too Big For New York City? - City Limits Magazine - CityLimits.org

Vacancy is up due to the fact many of the units are just too expensive. That does not mean the population is not growing.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 01-04-2011 at 09:37 PM.. Reason: Copyright issue

Old 01-03-2011, 07:27 PM

In the article your ran verbatim:
Quote:
But exactly how much room the city has or needs is unclear. The new zoning might offer less capacity than estimated. At the same time, older zoned areas might have more room that is thought.
Now that's a prediction we can rely on.

This describes population increases from 2000 to 2009 which the City was able to absorb:

PLANYC 2030 is nothing more then Queen Bloomberg's wet dream to justify the plethora of bike lanes and traffic calming nonsense he's shoving down our throat.

There is no evidence of any need for the absurd Japanese high rises you fantasize about ringing the City, without any viable mass transit available to get these poor people to their janitorial jobs in your green roofed hermetically sealed LEED certified coop in Park Slope.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 01-04-2011 at 09:38 PM..

Old 01-03-2011, 07:47 PM

138 posts, read 314,732 times
Quote:

In the article your ran verbatim:
Now that's a prediction we can rely on.

This describes population increases from 2000 to 2009 which the City was able to absorb:

PLANYC 2030 is nothing more then Queen Bloomberg's wet dream to justify the plethora of bike lanes and traffic calming nonsense he's shoving down our throat.

There is no evidence of any need for the absurd Japanese high rises you fantasize about ringing the City, without any viable mass transit available to get these poor people to their janitorial jobs in your green roofed hermetically sealed LEED certified coop in Park Slope.
So even though the population has been growing for the past 2 decades strait at least, you mean to tell me because overpriced condo sales are down the population is on the decline?

You can talk all you want about my pro-density stance. It's already happening. The city is become more dense. We will need to discover new ways to maximize our space. The same for a green NYC. The people want it, the trick is making it as affordable and efficient as possible.

If you hate NYC density and population growth so much why don't leave?

I swear I don't know what planet you live on. My family in NYC loves the changes going on, most of which live in disenfranchised neighborhoods. I am attracted back to the city due to the current proposals and projects. You seem to be so negative you don't want any improvements, from saving the environment to maximizing energy efficiency to improving mass transit or alternative transit. You just want to sit and complain on a message board about everything.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 01-04-2011 at 09:38 PM..

Old 01-04-2011, 07:40 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
Quote:
I know you're loathe to site links for all of your glib statements but what about the ozone hole? Do you remember the ozone hole? We were all going to die from radiation. Guess what it closed up. This is only one example of eco twerps hyperventilating and then going on to the next scary ride. I suggest you carry a paper bag with you the next time an Escalade passes you.
Ozone hole closing up, research shows - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
Patience grasshopper.
its funny you mentioned this. i recently remembered that hole in the ozone that we all learned about in school and wondered why we dont hear about that anymore.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:49 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,373,343 times
R3alTawk..you will never win with these "hoax" people so don't waste your time. These are the same people who believe Obama is a Muslim, Adam and Eve lived side by side with Dinosaurs 5,000 years ago, and the Islamic Community Center is a Mosque being built on ground zero by terrorists seeking to enslave us.

You can't reason with crazy people...just let them be crazy and ignore the thread....then they will go away. The end.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:16 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
then they will go away.
much like the nation's first cap and trade system.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
R3alTawk..you will never win with these "hoax" people so don't waste your time. These are the same people who believe Obama is a Muslim, Adam and Eve lived side by side with Dinosaurs 5,000 years ago, and the Islamic Community Center is a Mosque being built on ground zero by terrorists seeking to enslave us.
It's easy to dismiss someone who disagrees with you if you convince yourself that they also embrace extreme positions that are even more repugnant to you then the current conversation.
It not only shows intellectual laziness but ultimately a fear that your "eyes closed tight belief" is a lot more fragile then you let on.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:27 PM

bumping up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies