Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 02:42 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,552,507 times

Advertisements

Wizards Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton pull pistols on each other - NYPOST.com
Two Washington DC professional basketball players pull guns on each other during a locker room argument over money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 02:46 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,429,419 times
Quote:
strict gun laws don't work
How would you know? We don't have strict gun laws. Strict gun laws would prevent the manufacturing, importation, sales and ownership of guns across the nation. Cities with no carry laws aren't "strict" laws, they're jokes.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,557,218 times
Strict gun laws won't prevent people from getting guns if they really want them.
Heck there's Mexican gang members getting rocket launchers down here in Texas at the border.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:52 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,965,286 times
This has absolutely nothing to do with strickter gun laws.

Frigg'n idiot-thugs like this, yes, those who break the law, make all law-abiding gun owners to look bad.

"Arenas, who has three kids, reportedly told team officials he brought guns to his Verizon Center locker so they wouldn't be close to his newborn at their home in Great Falls, Va"

Liar! He isn't paid enough to buy a safe for his home and vehicle? No excuse for breaking the law. Don't like the law? Choose to work somewhere other than D.C.!

Old 01-01-2010, 02:54 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,961,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
How would you know? We don't have strict gun laws. Strict gun laws would prevent the manufacturing, importation, sales and ownership of guns across the nation. Cities with no carry laws aren't "strict" laws, they're jokes.
Yes, if we banned it across the board, it would stop being a problem. Just like drugs are not a problem because they are banned across the board. /boggle

Old 01-01-2010, 02:56 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,402,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
I agree. "Strict" gun laws would be like what they have in Singapore where if you want to have a gun, you have to go through an extensive police interview, and join a gun club where your firearm will remain locked up and unloaded until you want to attend designated hunting or target shooting events. Those are strict gun laws.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:02 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,965,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I agree. "Strict" gun laws would be like what they have in Singapore where if you want to have a gun, you have to go through an extensive police interview, and join a gun club where your firearm will remain locked up and unloaded until you want to attend designated hunting or target shooting events. Those are strict gun laws.
Thank God for the 2nd Amendment which helps affirm that unlike those in other countries, we are citizens rather than subjects of our government.

However, I would support a good public "caning" of these two as is done in Singapore; but, on C-D, that comment would just have the libs. paint me a racist calling for lynching.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:11 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,402,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Thank God for the 2nd Amendment which helps affirm that unlike those in other countries, we are citizens rather than subjects of our government.

However, I would support a good public "caning" of these two as is done in Singapore; but, on C-D, that comment would just have the libs. paint me a racist calling for lynching.
Don't get me wrong. I support the second amendment, I just do not think half-a**** gun laws can be called "strict." As to caning I think its very odd that we as a society have capital punishment, but are ardently against corporal punishment.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:56 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,863,566 times
Strict or not strict all gun laws should be ignored. My right to bear arms is not granted by any state or government therefore any laws that would attempt to limit that right in any way passed by same are de facto null and void.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:59 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,237,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Wizards Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton pull pistols on each other - NYPOST.com
Two Washington DC professional basketball players pull guns on each other during a locker room argument over money.
Really. Who ever heard of a criminal committing a crime with a registered gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies