Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 11:09 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,609,273 times

Advertisements

There's been a lot of shouting today about the role of inflammatory rhetoric in the Tucson shootings, but Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck are having none of it. Beck took aim at Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, who, in the wake of the shootings, called Arizona a "mecca for intolerance and bigotry," reports the Arizona Republic . All Beck sees in Dupnik is "a sheriff who has no facts and blames it on talk radio."

Limbaugh, Beck: Don't Blame Us for Jared Loughner - Limbaugh calls it 'embarrassing day for media'

Old 01-10-2011, 11:13 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
I'm not a fan of Limbaugh or Beck, but I do agree that it's insane to blame them or other conservatives for the actions of one individual, especially when the guy has no discernible political philosophies.

Loughner is a madman. In a country of 308 million people, we're going to have a few of them. That's life.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:20 PM

866 posts, read 1,560,862 times
It's not anyone elses fault that the gunman was insane. You can't really blame conservative talk show hosts.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:23 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,108,130 times
Please...this guy has been in his own little world for the last three years...

Old 01-11-2011, 12:21 AM

401 posts, read 473,858 times
At least Glen Beck makes a case, uses logic and backs it up real examples. I listened to MSNBC today and it was nothing but crap, full of biases interviews conducted Chris Matthews and Keith Olberman. These two clowns are a shame.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:04 AM

1,162 posts, read 2,108,130 times
Yes, and today Matthews was wishing that someone would blow up Rush...

Old 01-11-2011, 01:10 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
Yes, and today Matthews was wishing that someone would blow up Rush...
That's amazing, espedially considering that he had just been making pleas to "tone down the rhetoric" within the same hour.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:12 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,194,098 times
Quote:
At least Glen Beck makes a case, uses logic and backs it up real examples. I listened to MSNBC today and it was nothing but crap, full of biases interviews conducted Chris Matthews and Keith Olberman. These two clowns are a shame.[LEFT]
Read more: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...#ixzz1AiE0JW4G
[/LEFT]
In between his bouts of crying? All of those people you mentioned are people who weren't quite good enough for prime time and wanted to carve out some niche in the modern american media landscape. I've seen Bech's 'cases' many times and there's no logic involved. Just because you write a bunch of words on a chalk board and draw lines between then doesnt meant hat you're using logic.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:38 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,510,471 times
Beck, Limbaugh, Palin, Angle, Bachman and the whole lot of them on the extreme right have used gun metaphores and quasi-violent revolutionary rhetoric to demonize people and organizations that they dislike. Let's not pretend otherwise. The nation needs to wake up and realize that the extreme right wing in this nation is a threat to democracy. Liberals in this country don't bring guns to political rallies. Liberals haven't formed the hundreds of paranoid extremist anti-government militia groups that exist in this country, the right wing has, and you know it. I'm old enough to remember the poison political climate in this country after Clinton was elected, and that led to the Oklahoma City bombing. Timothy McVeigh was so completely evil that he went to his grave believing that he did the right thing. The extremist crazies shut up for a dozen years or so---until Obama was elected and they went crazy again. I remember telling a journalist friend of mine a couple of years ago about my concerns about another crazy person being pushed over the edge by these talk-radio garbage mouths. I don't consider myself prophetic or psychic, but just a guy who realizes that poisonous words spoken in the public arena are listened to by disturbed people who take this stuff seriously. Politicians and radio/tv personalities have to accept the reality that they have a platform that demands that they reflect the mature and responsible behavior that the nation so desperately needs.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:28 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
Beck, Limbaugh, Palin, Angle, Bachman and the whole lot of them on the extreme right have used gun metaphors and quasi-violent revolutionary rhetoric to demonize people and organizations that they dislike. Let's not pretend otherwise. The nation needs to wake up and realize that the extreme right wing in this nation is a threat to democracy. Liberals in this country don't bring guns to political rallies. Liberals haven't formed the hundreds of paranoid extremist anti-government militia groups that exist in this country, the right wing has, and you know it. Timothy McVeigh was so completely evil that he went to his grave believing that he did the right thing. The extremist crazies shut up for a dozen years or so---until Obama was elected and they went crazy again. I remember telling a journalist friend of mine a couple of years ago about my concerns about another crazy person being pushed over the edge by these talk-radio garbage mouths. I don't consider myself prophetic or psychic, but just a guy who realizes that poisonous words spoken in the public arena are listened to by disturbed people who take this stuff seriously. Politicians and radio/tv personalities have to accept the reality that they have a platform that demands that they reflect the mature and responsible behavior that the nation so desperately needs.

"I'm old enough to remember the poison political climate in this country after Clinton was elected, and that led to the Oklahoma City bombing."

Good, then you are also old enough to educate yourself. Motivation for the OC bombing was the Ruby Ridge massacre and the unjustifiable armed assault on the Branch Dividians in which 21 innocent children perished.

Bush Sr gets credit for Ruby Ridge.

McVeigh and Nichols have blood on their hands, but so does Bush Sr and Clinton.

All about Randy Weaver and Ruby Ridge, by David Lohr — Illegal Dealings — Crime Library on truTV.com

The Waco Massacre

"Beck, Limbaugh, Palin, Angle, Bachman and the whole lot of them on the extreme right have used gun metaphors and quasi-violent revolutionary rhetoric to demonize people and organizations that they dislike."

Seriously?

"“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,”

Obama: ‘If They Bring a Knife to the Fight, We Bring a Gun’ - Washington Wire - WSJ

"Liberals in this country don't bring guns to political rallies."

And this is the reason so many were shot in AZ. Had just one of her supporters had a gun on them, Loughner could have been stopped in short order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies