Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 01:33 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Absolutely not. They may be a bunch of wackos, but I will strongly defend their right to express their opinions as long as they don't commit any violent acts.
It's not that they themselves might commit a crime but that whack jobs like the Shooter ( Jerod L. ) see this as a sign * to blow up something " or * to shoot someone in the head " ...

THATS the real problem with all this...

Old 01-09-2011, 01:35 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
It's not that they themselves might commit a crime but that whack jobs like the Shooter ( Jerod L. ) see this as a sign * to blow up something " or * to shoot someone in the head " ...

You can lock people in a mental institution if they pose an immediate threat to themselves or others, right? I think thats what the law says.

Well, they oppose a threat to others because they are nuts. They are a threat to themselves because if you go to harlem with a "I hate black people" sign, your liable to get your butt kicked. These folks are liable to get their butts kicked by some patriotic red blooded Americans who have nothing better to do that day, and the bail money to get out in the morning.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:36 PM

522 posts, read 715,949 times
Its about 1 step from being a radical thinker to a mass murderer. Wow that church needs to check its evil @ the door.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:37 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post

We have to hold individuals responsible for their actions. If you start blaming groups for the actions of individuals, you really are heading down a dangerous path.

You might not like it, but fee speech is for everybody. Even the crazies.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:39 PM

880 posts, read 2,025,295 times
There are 33,820 forms of christianty this is 1 of them.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:41 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
And they are bat **** crazy, almost the same bat **** crazy as radical islamic folks, and they are one step away from that.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:44 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Is it about time this hate group lost its right to free speech?

Are they right? Are we, as a Christian nation, failing to serve God's will?

From their press releases:

http://godhatesfags.com/fliers/20110...g-the-Dots.pdf

"God sent the shooter to shoot you! And He’s sitting in Heaven laughing at you! Your federal judge is dead and your (f*g-promoting, baby-killing, proud-sinner) Congresswoman fights for her life. God is avenging Himself on this rebellious house! WBC prays for your destruction—more shooters, more dead carcasses piling up, young, old, leader and commoner—all. Your doom is upon you! Praise His Name! THANK GOD FOR HIS RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENTS!"

http://godhatesfags.com/fliers/20110...Dots-Day-2.pdf

"The 9-year-old girl was born 9/11/01. That child was not innocent. This is a nation of depraved perverts who pass their children through the fire of their rage against God & all-consuming lust. From the womb, she was taught to hate God & mock His servants. That child is better off dead, so the cup of her iniquity will not overflow! The blood of the 9-year-old is on Rep. Giffords’ hands!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Absolutely not. They may be a bunch of wackos, but I will strongly defend their right to express their opinions as long as they don't commit any violent acts.
i agree with anunidentifiedmale on this. if we take away the right to free speech from phelps and his church, then we essentially take away the first amendment rights from everyone else as well. we may not like the things they say, but their speech is constitutionally protected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
From this Christian's perspective, these people couldn't be further from Christianity if they tried! Christ commands us to love one another, love even our enemies and leave such judgment up to God. WBC does not know their Bible if they think the crap they spew is anywhere near Christian behavior.
i repped you on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I don't care anymore if these Westboro Baptist whack-a-doos don't actully commit violence themseleves, but it's about time we as a people unite do and make sure something is done about this group... And I suggest either a beatdown from the Hell's Angels or maybe a Mafia-style disappearance from the face of the Earth.

I don't know how anyone could be so stupid, worthless, and callous as these Westboro Baptist clowns....
while i also would like to see the WBC clan disappear, again we have to avoid becoming them. if we are going to stop things like the shooting at giffords event, or stop the hate speech from the WBC clan, we are going to have to counter the hate with love. this does not mean we dont prosecute criminals or coddle them, we in fact need to make their punishments much harsher, but we need to learn to forgive those that do us wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsobchak View Post
And how is Fred Phelps any more irrational or morally despicable than other Christians? Just wondering.
the WBC clan deals in hate speech for the most part, while true christians dont.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:45 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,417,021 times
Phelps and his ilk are not Christians. They are Satanic false prophets masquerading as a church. Disgusting.

People like that are why I support repealing or changing the First Amendment. It should be criminal to even utter crap like this. Lock those losers up for decades.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:47 PM

716 posts, read 1,119,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I don't care anymore if these Westboro Baptist whack-a-doos don't actully commit violence themseleves, but it's about time we as a people unite do and make sure something is done about this group... And I suggest either a beatdown from the Hell's Angels or maybe a Mafia-style disappearance from the face of the Earth.

I don't know how anyone could be so stupid, worthless, and callous as these Westboro Baptist clowns....

I really hope they take their act to a tough, blue collar town and get tuned up.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:49 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,417,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
No. There is only one form of Christianity, and there is nothing Christian about the WBC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies