Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 08:40 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,095,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
LOL at the idiotic deflections going on in this thread. This isn't even a serious dig at Beck, it's just a funny picture, and peopleimmediately start posting about Obama, and of all people, Ted Kennedy? Amazing.
lol it reminds me of why I stopped subscribing to the Politics Forum here on C-D because everyone (if I recall, on both sides) gets soooooooo offended. Everyone is always on attack mode ready to fight.

GB had a hilarious 'whoops' moment - not intentional, just random happenstance and it was funny. I highly doubt anyone saw it and was shocked or offended, it was just an "oops."

Old 01-10-2011, 09:58 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Yeah really, that was not a bow.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:40 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Glenn Beck

Here is a link to the web site.
NO, NO, NO. They don't want to see Beck's site. They want to take their words about it from Huff Po, MediaMatters, ThinkProgress, DailyKos and other sites like that. Never is it good to suggest that they look at the actual sites because it may be considered as unfair.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Oh come on, righties - that Glenn Beck photo fail was FUNNY. You know it was funny! How awkward.
It may have been funny to the Young Turk or someone like that but it was so obviously a photo shop job.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Beck incites violence, he doesn't care about "peace".
Are you a fan of Beck? Well since you aren't you probably never watch him or listen to him. How do you know all these things since these two surmises by me are so true? Ah yes, HuffPo and MediaMatters and their photo shopping abilities.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I've been watching a good bit of FOX today. They have been pretty much are in constant damage control. They feel they are being unfairly exposed as contributing to the motivation of the shooter. I don't know why they feel they must deny this so much, I don't think any reasonable person actually believes they have a direct responsibility. It makes you wonder why they are so compelled to do this. The inflaming rhetoric from both, left and right, does damage efforts to cooperate. I don't think it is evenly balanced, but it all should be stopped regardless. There is, however, one big problem in trying to get it stopped. Too many people are making too much money, doing it.
Hey, bob, did you watch Beck today while watching all that Fox and you keep saying that you do watch him? Did you hear his tirade against Media Matters for asking Murdoch to fire Beck and to consider getting rid of Fox? Well you can see him do that on the regular site I used to be able to link people to. You know it I am sure.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I suspect you are right, most of them are not dumb. It is hard to prove that at times, but they are pretty good a giving their viewers what they want. Apparently what they want, is flame talk. If the pundits quit providing them that, would they have viewers, hence, would they earn the money they do? Probably not.
I can tell that you didn't watch Fox this evening at 5:00 from what you are saying. You don't seem to know that Beck refused to say a word about this one to anybody till today. Now all the MEDIA had a two day head start in blaming him and Fox for that tragedy. Beck coined a new term today, I bet, when he used the Sherrod Brown, was that her last name, as an example of them going wild with all their "reporting" on that story before they had many facts to report. Fox held back and Beck stayed off that one more than 24 hours but the Media had a field day with that one. The new word that may catch hold is Sherrod Browning. Maybe you need to see today's program. You do know all the sites that you can do that on your computer, don't you?

Old 01-10-2011, 11:11 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
Like another poster pointed out, why would this photograph ever be taken of Beck anyway? It's so silly. Is he a secret agent or something?
The guy poses for publicity photos when crying. Posing with a gun is positively normal. And yes, the juxtaposition is funny.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:13 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
How may people has Glenn Beck's gun killed?
I thought people killed, not guns?

Old 01-10-2011, 11:17 PM

I do want to thank you for this post since I didn't see all of Beck today and wanted to see it all so I took the 40 minutes to see it after I saw your post. I now must ask you if you are sure that that picture was ever there or did HuffPo just pull one over on you. It isn't there but we know why that probably is. Anyway I had seen enough of Beck today to know that he wasn't wearing a white shirt and never took his coat off, as he often does. Nope he wore the same light blue, long sleeved shirt the whole show and didn't even loosen his tie. You can check it all out at the website that shows every one of his shows. You know the [url=http://www]. and the rest would be watchglennbeck.com. I seem to have gotten the same load of crap from the forum computer that I often get when I try to get past it. I had to tell you that because I waited till there were a number of posts on this thread to see if it lasted. I am not allowed to post threads like this one so I wondered if it would last from you.

Thanks for putting it on here because while perusing HuffPo I found a reference to the Young Turk and saw him trying very hard to make Beck look bad but in all his word twisting he made himself look worse. I love it when some of the left leaning, poor souls try to do that.

I bet when I get enough posts on this thread talking about Beck which it seems was your title we will find a number, if not all, my posts removed since I am not supposed to talk about him. Maybe the whole post will be removed because of me. Whoops, boom goes your thread.

Last edited by roysoldboy; 01-10-2011 at 11:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies