Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 05:31 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
So YOU are the judge and jury? Still haven't addressed the standard of proof.

Your contention is that this man was NOT influenced by these people and their words. That's all it is, a contention. You CANNOT prove that he was not influenced by political rhetoric. So, now we are back at the same place.

I can't prove he wasn't influnced by you. I can't prove that you didn't call him up and tell him to do it.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:32 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,092,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
The problem is Palin, Beck etc are innocent until proven guilty. Sorry for the personal attack. I won't do it again.
This is not a court of law. This is the "court" of public opinion. I don't know that anyone has the presumption of innocence in the court of public opinion. Clearly Loughner does not. Key word: Opinion.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I can't prove he wasn't influnced by you. I can't prove that you didn't call him up and tell him to do it.
Well, I can.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Enough with the Psy-ops. lol this is not about ME. I've voiced my opinion, period. And, in fact, I can imagine lots of things. Nope, don't fixate. Again, it's not about ME.

Yeah, maybe there will be mitigation that his parents beat him. How did you get the idea that I think the ONLY influence upon this man was the violent political talk out there? It is, in my opionion, certainly ONE of the influences.

Finally, this thread is not about ME; it's about Limbaugh, and Beck, denying any responsibility for people acting out violently, and Loughner. You can stop trying to analyze me now

Of course it is about you. There is no more evidence that he was influenced by them than there is he was influenced by you. After all you can't pove he wasn't influenced by you.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Well, I can.

How? Any proof you could supply is the same proof Palin, Limbaugh and Beck could present, but that isn't good enough for you

Old 01-11-2011, 05:35 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,170 times
Quote:
This is not a court of law. This is the "court" of public opinion. I don't know that anyone has the presumption of innocence in the court of public opinion. Clearly Loughner does not. Key word: Opinion.

Then how do you feel about all the NEWS agencies blaming this on people based on their OPINION? If something happens to Beck or Palin will the media be responsible IYO?

Old 01-11-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Of course it is about you. There is no more evidence that he was influenced by them than there is he was influenced by you. After all you can't pove he wasn't influenced by you.
Of course I can prove he wasn't influenced by me. You're really going to extremes trying to "win" this argument......and you're going way over the line here, just like you did with another poster. So do you have experience as a police interrogator? Interesting tactics you're using.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-11-2011 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: language

Old 01-11-2011, 05:41 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,940 times
All this shows is that the Left will try and use ANYTHING to take down the opposition, no matter how idiotic, hypocritical, or ridiculous it is.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
WTF? Of course I can prove he wasn't influenced by me. You're really going to extremes trying to "win" this argument......and you're going way over the line here, just like you did with another poster. So do you have experience as a police interrogator? Interesting tactics you're using.

Absolutely not. I am simply pointing out the absurdity of your position. Because I can't prove that he wasn't influenced by Palin et al we must be open to the possibility he was, even though there is no evidence. So if that is the case we then must be open to the possibility that he was influenced by you because you can't pove he wasn't.

Look, there is no evidence direct or circumstantial. His public videos in no way mention them or any of the ideas they expouse. The reality is the only political video uses left wing imagery (flag burning). No one who knew him came forward to say he was right wing or ever discussed Palin et al or their ideas. The reality is they have said he was a left wing pot head.

The bottom line is he was a nut who killed for no reason.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Then how do you feel about all the NEWS agencies blaming this on people based on their OPINION? If something happens to Beck or Palin will the media be responsible IYO?
If they want to take that risk, it's their decision to make that call. And, yes, I just may consider that they have some responsibility if someone were to take violent action against Palin and/or Beck. I do not care for Palin or Beck and at the same time I would be horrified if any physical harm were to come to either one of them at the hands of some person motivated by politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies