Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 04:00 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,361,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
If you want to designate one person who doesn't believe in democracy, start with our current President and Micromanager-In-Chief.

Micromanager? Please provide some credible links to your assertion.
Remember, the Patriot Act was a Bushista item.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-12-2011 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 01-12-2011, 05:48 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,805,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, I made no such accusation, and I think you know that.

Why would you think I'm left? I'm neither left nor right. I'm just here observing your nutty adversarial politics...The nastiest example of smears, venom and lies I've ever seen...I had no idea that US politics were so badly broken, but I do find it entertaining...After all that is why we are all on this forum.

Perhaps it is the end of the vitriol the left is demanding...Both sides should think before they talk...From what I have seen in the short time I've been posting here is that one side is far worse than the other, and I don't even have a dog in this race.

Tsk Tsk it is the the vitriol of the left exploding again. Of course I have made no smears nor expressed any venom. It only seems that way to the left. One day a person said to Harry Truman, give 'em heII, he replied I tell the truth and they think its heII.

Speaking of nutty, what were you trying to convey with your non sequitur?

Old 01-12-2011, 05:53 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,543,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Do you think Obama is going to apologise tomorrow???
Wow the poster you referenced just admitted , by default, that Obama has no character and should not be trusted? Amazing!
I just don't think they realize it.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:42 AM

17,412 posts, read 12,036,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
I don't have a huge public audience as do Palin, Limbaugh, and Beck. so, yes, I could indeed present more proof that I didn't influence him than those three public figures who speak to the public frequently and are quoted in newspapers, on TV, and the Internet every day could presnet. So much for your pitiful logic.
And you know for a fact that these people did influence the shooter? That he listened to them? That he watched the news or listened to the radio? We know he was on the internet, but no evidence whatsoever that he ever clicked on anything these people talked about.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And you know for a fact that these people did influence the shooter? That he listened to them? That he watched the news or listened to the radio? We know he was on the internet, but no evidence whatsoever that he ever clicked on anything these people talked about.

She will tell you the absence of evidence is evidence. Yes I know very 1984.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:08 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,599,923 times
Default Limbaugh, Beck: Don't Blame Us for Jared Loughner

Beck and Limbaugh are shameless hatemongers who profit by ratcheting up people's fears. They're despicable.

But Loughner is not their spawn.

Think, people.

In a nation of more than 300 million, there will always be a number of severely disturbed crackpots among us who will be on the edge of committing something as horrible as this Tucson tragedy. In a "free" society like ours, these crazies will come to the surface occasionally. To pretend that big brother can protect all of us all the time against these acts is a fantasy.

It's not a gun issue. It's not a right vs left issue. It's the reality of human existence. DNA is sometimes unreliable in making all of us rational.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:37 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,998,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
It's funny how some targets on a map can incite violence but all the BS being said about Palin, Beck and the rest is what...TRUTH??? because...you can see it everywhere?

Who will be responsible if some one kills one of them in response to this political sham?
Asking that Palin and Beck act like adults and own their behavior is akin to urging that violence be inflicted on them? That's an irrational assertion. "The left" isn't laying the blame of the Tucson tragedy at Palin's feet. Maybe some people are, but "the left" is not. And while the political commentators on the left and the right have engaged in overblown, violent rhetoric, they aren't responsible when someone actually picks up a gun and uses it. They aren't responsible for the trigger being pulled. But they are responsible for their own words. And they are responsible for the images and ideas they put out there. Palin put Giffords in a crosshair. That doesn't make her responsible for Loughner's actions. But she's responsible for putting that image and that idea out there to the very wide audience she has. Now she's claiming "blood libel"? She put the image out there. That's the truth. Libel is about falsehoods. She's not been libeled. She's been called out.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:38 AM

24,494 posts, read 23,211,426 times
MSNBC hit a new low last night in Chris Matthews comments about Michael Savage and Mark Levine. How can he possibly criticize them when he works for mSNBC? Is Keith Olbermann ever NOT openly hostile to anybody who doesn't follow a far left agenda? Does Rachel Maddow not have a permanent sneer on her face when she mentions anyone not liberal? The topper was that he had on Michael Smerconish on as a guest, that snivelling turncoat former conservative who changed sides when a chance at a national media audience and money was dangled in front of him by MSNBC. Ed Schultz, you have somecompetetion, watch out.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:33 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,658,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
MSNBC hit a new low last night in Chris Matthews comments about Michael Savage and Mark Levine. How can he possibly criticize them when he works for mSNBC? Is Keith Olbermann ever NOT openly hostile to anybody who doesn't follow a far left agenda? Does Rachel Maddow not have a permanent sneer on her face when she mentions anyone not liberal? The topper was that he had on Michael Smerconish on as a guest, that snivelling turncoat former conservative who changed sides when a chance at a national media audience and money was dangled in front of him by MSNBC. Ed Schultz, you have somecompetetion, watch out.

Levine and Weiner-Savage are hatemongers.

Chris Matthews is not.

An inability to distinguish is not good.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Levine and Weiner-Savage are hatemongers.

Chris Matthews is not.

An inability to distinguish is not good.

Well I'm glad you have cleared that up. Oh wait more than half the country sees it the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies