Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 02:52 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Meh, I disagree. Talks about infiltrating mosques. Very much not conservative.
No in fact that makes him very conservative and makes him pretty much the poster child for the current Republican Party, it makes him the exact opposite of a RINO.

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
More knee jerk .

Which is why imediately after a tragedy it is the wrong time to demand justice or shout "something must me done!", because it is not thought out in long term consequences usually.

Emotions ran high after 9/11 and look what happened after.

5,341 posts, read 6,525,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Ahhh, last Saturday's events would lead most people with some degree of common sense to conclude that those are exactly places where you should have a gun for protection. I'm sure it's been mentioned in the other threads, but one person with a CCW in that crowd could have stopped things before 20 people were shot.
I read that their was a person but things went down so
fast and that the alleged shooter was being held down by citizens,
this person made the right choice not to draw causing further confusion.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:53 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
No in fact that makes him very conservative and makes him pretty much the poster child for the current Republican Party, it makes him the exact opposite of a RINO.
We just differ on the term "conservative". To me, it seems he's taking the big government progressive approach to monitor people in this country. See, unlike others who cannot clearly articulate what it means to be conservative (monitoring people = conservative? LOL maybe RINO neo-con-munist, but not conservative), my definitions are consistent. Civil liberties = conservative. No civil liberties = progressive/RINO. You don't make exceptions just because the monitored is a muslim or a tea partier.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:55 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
I read that their was a person but things went down so
fast and that the alleged shooter was being held down by citizens,
this person made the right choice not to draw causing further confusion.
I saw one post on a gun forum about someone having a CCW, but haven't seen it discussed anywhere else. Got a link, I'd like to learn?

Old 01-11-2011, 02:58 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
We just differ on the term "conservative". To me, it seems he's taking the big government progressive approach to monitor people in this country. See, unlike others who cannot clearly articulate what it means to be conservative (monitoring people = conservative? LOL), my definitions are consistent.
It certainly doesn't make him a progressive or a liberal. It sure as hell doesn't make him a RINO. RINO = Republican in Name Only. That type of approach to Mosques is a VERY Republican one.

Conservatives love and go gaga over Jim Demit, he is a huge tea party favorite, but he is EXTREMELY pro government control on social issues.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
I saw one post on a gun forum about someone having a CCW, but haven't seen it discussed anywhere else. Got a link, I'd like to learn?
Saw that on ar15.com as well. Looks like CCW handlers would be exempt, probably because they took a course (?)

Old 01-11-2011, 02:59 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,525,380 times
Quote:
Concealed Carry Holder Tried to Help | Snowflakes in Hell

Old 01-11-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
It certainly doesn't make him a progressive or a liberal. It sure as hell doesn't make him a RINO. RINO = Republican in Name Only. That type of approach to Mosques is a VERY Republican one.
Yes, it's very republican but it's not conservative. We go back to my equation:

Republican != conservative

Quote:
Conservatives love and go gaga over Jim Demit, he is a huge tea party favorite, but he is EXTREMELY pro government control on social issues.
On those issues, he's a RINO.

ETA: back to the topic at hand...

Old 01-11-2011, 03:06 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
Quote:
Saw that on ar15.com as well. Looks like CCW handlers would be exempt, probably because they took a course (?)
Of course, in Vermont we have no such permits...none are needed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies