Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 01:43 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,631,511 times

Advertisements

http://library.constantcontact.com/d...%5D%5B1%5D.pdf

This is actually sadly hilarious. How could one President make so many serious and historical blunders?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 01:46 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
What do you expect from someone who got pushed through the ranks on the sails of affirmitive action.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:47 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,326,616 times
They weren't blunders. They were examples of wishful thinking.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:48 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Splat!

Old 01-13-2011, 01:49 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
What do you expect from someone who got pushed through the ranks on the sails of affirmitive action.
I didn't know that this was about Clarence Thomas.

Ummmm, got any proof of your statement?

Old 01-13-2011, 01:52 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I didn't know that this was about Clarence Thomas.

Ummmm, got any proof of your statement?
On the surface, at least, Barack Obama’s single most impressive accomplishment has been his 1990 election to the presidency of the Harvard Law Review.

This position also provided Obama his only real executive experience as he supervised the law review's staff of 80 editors.

One has to wonder then why neither he nor wife Michelle emphasized this singular honor during the up-by-the-bootstraps biographical sections of their respective speeches at Denver.

In fact, neither of them so much as mentioned Obama’s time at Harvard, this despite his vulnerability on the executive experience charge.

Their silence likely derives from one verifiable fact: Obama’s record at Harvard was no more authentic than John Kerry’s record in Vietnam.

Kerry was justifiably swift-boated because he fraudulently positioned himself as a war hero. Obama seems to have learned from Kerry.

In the age of the Internet, the less said about a dubious credential the better, and Obama’s law presidency credential is dubious on any number of levels.

For starters, Obama did not do nearly well enough at his previous stop, Columbia University, to justify admission to Harvard Law.

According to the New York Sun, university spokesman Brian Connolly confirmed that Obama graduated in 1983 with a major in political science but without honors.

In the age of affirmative action and grade inflation, a minority in a relatively easy major like political science had to under-perform dramatically to avoid minimal honors. Obama apparently did just that.

The specifics we may never know. As the New York Times concedes, Obama “declined repeated requests to talk about his New York years, release his Columbia transcript or identify even a single fellow student, co-worker, roommate or friend from those years.”

Would that Bristol Palin could get off so easily!

There are any number of possible reasons for Obama’s reticence about Columbia: his grades, the courses he took, his writing samples, and, of course, his associations.

At that time, for instance, both Bill Ayers and Obama fell within the orbit of left wing Columbia superstar, Edward Said. Just recently out of hiding, Ayers was attending the Bank Street College of Education, which adjoins the Columbia campus.

Five years after leaving Columbia, Obama decided on law school. His lack of resources did not deter him from thinking big. Nor did his B-minus effort at his Hawaii prep school or his equally indifferent grades at Columbia.

As Obama relates in Dreams From My Father, he limited his choices to only three law schools--“Harvard, Yale, Stanford.” (It must be nice to be Obama.) He does not mention his connections.

Harvard law School is notoriously difficult to get into. Annually, some 7,000 applications apply for some 500 seats. Applicant LSAT scores generally chart in the 98 to 99 percentile range, and GPAs average between 3.80 and 3.95.

If Obama’s LSAT scores merited admission, we would know about them. We don’t. The Obama camp guards those scores, like his SAT scores, more tightly that Iran does its nuclear secrets.

We know enough about Obama’s Columbia grades to know how far they fall below the Harvard norm, likely even below the affirmative action-adjusted black norm at Harvard.

As far back as 1988, however, Obama had serious pull. He would need it. As previously reported, Khalid al-Mansour, principal adviser to Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, lobbied friends like Manhattan Borough president Percy Sutton to intervene at Harvard on Obama’s behalf.

An orthodox Muslim, al-Mansour has not met the crackpot anti-Semitic theory he could not embrace. As for bin Talal, in October 2001, New York mayor Rudy Giuliani sent his $10 million relief check back un-cashed after the Saudi billionaire blamed 9/11 on America.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:56 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
If this is the kind of stuff that members of Congress are wasting their time on, then it's no wonder this country has gone to h*ll in a handbasket. ARE YOU SERIOUS. I mean, really people. We're in the middle of a recession and a war and they spend their time doing THIS. I am dumbfounded.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
They weren't blunders. They were examples of wishful thinking.
I think you are right about this but sure hope I am wrong.

In reading the names of those who signed that thing I found that I voted against the one from my state who signed it in the primary and helped defeat him by so doing.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:59 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,386,817 times
This is agenda driven by the Progressives in a deliberate effort to misdirect people into thinking like he does as a Progressive. The facts are the facts and when they are misconstrued, either purposeful or by mere omission, there should be clarity but I am not holding my breath. This man is not stupid, uneducated, or the result of some misguided government program in education, it is a downright purposeful omission in an attempt to fool the public.

PBO can fool some of the people some of the time, but he can't fool all of the people all of the time!

I say good catch by those who formulated the letter.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:59 PM

6 posts, read 4,968 times
1. fine, he should've said "our de facto national motto was" instead of "our motto is".

2. he didn't mention the source of inalienable rights. So what? If I want to tell you that I have a car, do I also have to tell you how I came by it?

3. he said we are "united in freedom under one flag". This is true. What does the Pledge of Allegiance have to do with anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies