Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 05:24 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,732,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination83 View Post
What about the showers?
I like Barney Frank's response to that question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7PEy...eature=related
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 05:32 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,143,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I thought most homosexuals who left the military did so by voluntarily outing themselves, either publicly or thru their chain of command, and not thru witch hunts or whatever.
I don't know about "most" some did to challenge the policy and I am sure some did just to get out of the service, but use weasel words like most without any substantiation is intellectually lazy. like and I would be surprised if you had data that would substantiate your claim - although I am open to reviewing that position but there are a number of cases like below where witch-hunting was the reason.
Jene Newsome played by the rules as an Air Force sergeant: She never told anyone in the military she was a lesbian.

The 28-year-old's honorable discharge under the "don't ask, don't tell" policy came only after police officers in Rapid City, S.D., saw an Iowa marriage certificate in her home and told the nearby Ellsworth Air Force Base.
Lissa Young, 48, is one of those who would sign up right away. A West Point grad from a military family—her father was a fighter pilot—Young had an exceptional 16-year military career before she was outed in 2002. At that time, she was a Chinook pilot and West Point instructor who had just been selected for promotion to lieutenant colonel. A soldier who had seen a private e-mail written by Young informed on her;
Many former service members reached by Newsweek say they are not looking for back pay; they simply want the opportunity to serve again and make a living doing what they love. Bleu Copas, 34, joined the Army after the attacks of September 11. “I thought it was the honorable thing to do,” says the native of Johnson City, Tenn. But after almost four years in the service, the then-sergeant—and fluent Arabic speaker—was anonymously outed.
Jason Knight, 28, has unwittingly shown that gays can reintegrate, at least on an individual level. He joined the Navy in early 2001, mostly to escape life in his small town of Boothwyn, Pa., and became a Hebrew linguist. He was discharged in 2005 when his marriage-annulment papers included references to his homosexuality. Yet because of a bureaucratic snafu, he was somehow listed as an inactive reservist and called up again one year later—then discharged again for writing a letter to the editor of Stars and Stripes on gay rights. “People like me can be integrated back as well as any other person,” he says. “I’ll be the first to the recruiting office when DADT is repealed.”
According to various news reports, discharged Marine Tim Smith of Memphis, Tenn.; discharged Army Sgt. Anthony Wilfert of Nashville, Tenn.; and discharged seven-year Army veteran Warren Arbury of Savannah, Ga., are seriously considering re-enlisting.
Thousands Of Discharged Gay Vets Plan To Rejoin Military After DADT Repeal at Pat Dollard

Old 01-16-2011, 02:29 PM

20,954 posts, read 5,565,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollymixture View Post
Because a double standard existed. Straight people could openly discuss their private lives without fear of consequences while gay people had to lie or lie by omission.

Gay people didn't keep quiet because it was easier, they kept quietly because they would lose their job if they didn't.

It is a simple matter of civil rights.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:35 PM

38,652 posts, read 26,462,445 times
Quote:
I never really understood this issue. Were gays excluded from the military? Or just told to keep it to themselves?

If it was the latter then what was the big deal? Wouldn't being openly gay in the military be ALOT harder than being in the closet? I've had family in the military and it doesn't seem like a place you'd want to be open about something like that. I see nothing wrong with telling someone to keep that quiet. In actuality it will make that persons stint in the military much more pleasant wouldn't you think?

But then gays would be able to use the federal government force acceptance of their unnatural sex lives on the one group of citizens who voluntarily give up their right to challenge government officials.

Gay marriage and gay military service have but one aim and that is to use the power of the government force others accept their perverted version of sex.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:47 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,865,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
But then gays would be able to use the federal government force acceptance of their unnatural sex lives on the one group of citizens who voluntarily give up their right to challenge government officials.

Gay marriage and gay military service have but one aim and that is to use the power of the government force others accept their perverted version of sex.
This unnatural thing has been around since before Christ.

Do not click this wiki link if you can't handle seeing a picture of two dudes in a Turkish bathhouse.

Records of men meeting for sex with other men in bathhouses date back to the 15th century. A tradition of public baths dates back to the 6th century BC and there are many ancient records of homosexual activity in Greece.[3]

Gay bathhouse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ROFL, Wet and Wild!

I wonder if marrying your father's sister is perverted.
http://bible.cc/exodus/6-20.htm

Old 01-16-2011, 02:51 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,986,815 times
Quote:
I never really understood this issue. Were gays excluded from the military? Or just told to keep it to themselves?

If it was the latter then what was the big deal? Wouldn't being openly gay in the military be ALOT harder than being in the closet? I've had family in the military and it doesn't seem like a place you'd want to be open about something like that. I see nothing wrong with telling someone to keep that quiet. In actuality it will make that persons stint in the military much more pleasant wouldn't you think?
First off they have the right to live openly and it is their right to say it out loud. Secondly many did get kicked out because someone in the chain of command found out they were gay, that is not being allowed to serve openly. Yes it is harder sometimes for gays to live openly but it is dishonest for them to pretend to be something they are not, you do want them to be honest don't ya?
Casper

Old 01-16-2011, 02:55 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,865,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
First off they have the right to live openly and it is their right to say it out loud. Secondly many did get kicked out because someone in the chain of command found out they were gay, that is not being allowed to serve openly. Yes it is harder sometimes for gays to live openly but it is dishonest for them to pretend to be something they are not, you do want them to be honest don't ya?
Casper
It also opened them up - not saying it would, but it could - for blackmail.

Speaking of perverted, here's a painting of Abraham being ordered by God to sacrifice his son on an altar.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:00 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,108,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

No influance from homosexuals there. Disgusting!

We now have, as I noted before, trannies demanding to be open in the military. Give perversion an inch and it will take a mile.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:18 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,732,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
No influance from homosexuals there. Disgusting!

We now have, as I noted before, trannies demanding to be open in the military. Give perversion an inch and it will take a mile.
What in the world do homosexuals and transsexuals have to do with line-crossing ceremonies?

I think your homophobia is causing you to see homosexual images when none are really there. It's called delusion.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:27 PM

38,652 posts, read 26,462,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
This unnatural thing has been around since before Christ.

Do not click this wiki link if you can't handle seeing a picture of two dudes in a Turkish bathhouse.

Records of men meeting for sex with other men in bathhouses date back to the 15th century. A tradition of public baths dates back to the 6th century BC and there are many ancient records of homosexual activity in Greece.[3]

Gay bathhouse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ROFL, Wet and Wild!

I wonder if marrying your father's sister is perverted.
Exodus 6:20 Amram married his father's sister Jochebed, who bore him Aaron and Moses. Amram lived 137 years.

If gay sex is not unnatural, what is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies