Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support a new investigation or not?
I do - too many unanswered questions 62 31.79%
I don't - all has been answered 123 63.08%
I don't know or I'm not sure 10 5.13%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 01:33 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,088,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Obviously you did not read the links I posted re dates 9/12 to 9/14.
Sure I did.

They showed that on the 12th, they new some of the hijackers, but not all of them. The article only actually correctly names one of them. There were no photos.

They showed that on the 14th (already more than 48 hours after the attacks) , they had a more complete list and added a lot of details. Still no photos.

Boy... it sure sounds a lot like an investigation in progress. Doesn't it?

And the FBI press release shows that you were wrong about all the names and photos being released within 48 hours of the attack. Those pesky little details.

Last edited by HistorianDude; 01-26-2011 at 01:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 01:54 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,040,065 times
See and hear Robert Mueller at the beginning of the video. On Sept 14 he stated they had identified the hijackers in the last 24 hours.....

Old 01-26-2011, 01:59 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
With no offense to MQ and with gratefulness that she was not in the WTC that day........I see that suddenly you defend "eyewitness" type opinions. You should be in on the game for your side of the argument - eyewitnesses are NOT reliable in your world. I hope you see what I'm saying here.

I have not read all of MQ's posts so I do not know to what extent she was a direct witness and I am NOT saying she is not reliable as to how she sees it. It is YOUR side of the argument that poo-poos the reports of witnesses- even when they are on video.
i have not 'poo-pooed' any witnesses

she was in the towers that day, and very lucky to have survived

I was in the city, not down town(I worked in mid-town though) that day

I lost a few friends that day

I was there for the rescue/cleanup

now what I have said

as far as witncesses

just because a guy HEARD an explosion...doesnt mean there was a bomb

just because it SOUNDED LIKE an explosion, doesnt mean it was even an explosion..the floors SLAMMING together, or a transformer popping easily could be DESCRIBED as an explosion.

just because someone said it was LIKE a demo you see on tv..doent mean it was a demo

just because it came down LIKE a demo, doent mean it was a demo

just because someone says they THOUGHT it was LIKE a bomb...doesnt meanit was ACTUALLY a bomb

Old 01-26-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
i have not 'poo-pooed' any witnesses

she was in the towers that day, and very lucky to have survived

I was in the city, not down town(I worked in mid-town though) that day

I lost a few friends that day

I was there for the rescue/cleanup

now what I have said

as far as witncesses

just because a guy HEARD an explosion...doesnt mean there was a bomb

just because it SOUNDED LIKE an explosion, doesnt mean it was even an explosion..the floors SLAMMING together, or a transformer popping easily could be DESCRIBED as an explosion.

just because someone said it was LIKE a demo you see on tv..doent mean it was a demo

just because it came down LIKE a demo, doent mean it was a demo

just because someone says they THOUGHT it was LIKE a bomb...doesnt meanit was ACTUALLY a bomb
Thank you for helping with the rescue. I'm so glad MQ survived and I am so sorry about the loss of your friends. Nobody is dismissing the victims or their friends and families here- quite the contrary. We want the truth in order that they wil not have died in vain.

You'll have to admit that if it looked like a demolition- it just might be a demolition. If it sounded like an explosion- it just might be an explosion. Surely you cannot blame people for seeing it as it appears. Watch the videos of the towers coming down including WTC7. Can they not most accurately be seen as a controlled demolition, even to the most casual observer?

Old 01-26-2011, 02:56 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
We know some of the Saudis are responsible for this.
I know we are fighting a limited war over the radicals of Islam.
Don't know why an investigation would be needed.

There are also nuts who believe that it was our own people who did this to ourselves. They are as kooky as the gunman the other day.
People forget the twin tower bombings during Clinton and the ship Cole being bombed.
Thank you but, I do not understand why we continue to suck up to the Saudi's when I do not gather that they are that enamoured of us.....I do not believe there was a conspiracy on our governments part. I have watched everything that has been put out on this and I don't see any deep, dark secret.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
See and hear Robert Mueller at the beginning of the video. On Sept 14 he stated they had identified the hijackers in the last 24 hours.....
"In the last 24 hours" includes the fifteen minutes prior to making the statement.

And still no photos.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Surely you cannot blame people for seeing it as it appears.
That is not what you are being blamed for.

You are being blamed for continuing to see it that way even years after it has been proven it was not.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:16 PM

15,106 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I would love to see you say that, face to face, to some of the people that lost family members in the Towers or on the flights that day.

You up for it? I'll meet you in NYC and you can tell the guy who now works as a docent at the WTC Tribute Center, who dropped his wife off for work at Tower 1 just 20 mins before the plane hit, and you can tell him how it's all fake. I'll bring the video camera...
Personally, it seems that this is a personal threat .... you wouldn't be doing that would you?

Wouldn't it be better to look at the evidence instead of making veiled threats? You seem to think I'm playing political football here ... but that's not at all the case. I didn't create these fake videos ... I'm pointing them out ... and if I lost loved ones in that tragedy, I would shake the hand of anyone exposing the fraud in an attempt to identify who the real murderers of those people are.

That the buildings were blown up is real. That 3000 people lost their lives is real. That people who want to expose the lies and discover EXACTLY WHO the real perpetrators are is the greatest effort one can extend in honor of those who were murdered and those suffering such loss and tragedy.

If you had a loved one murdered .... would you be satisfied with locking up some patsy off the street in a phony media trial ... or would you want the real perpetrator apprehended and punished?

Set aside the righteous indignation and think about that.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:41 PM

An excerpt from HistorianDude's Glossary of Nutty Conspiracist Goodness:

The Jeweler Effect

The “Jeweler Effect” is a phenomenon in which a complete amateur in a particular technical field deludes himself into believing he has the competence to second guess people with actual professional experience. It is most commonly expressed by fringe conspiracy theorists who read a book once, or actually shook hands with somebody related by marriage to a real expert’s neighbor and so believe they have gained some authoritative credibility via osmosis.

It is named in reference to an exchange on a CD conspiracy theory thread in which an anonymous poster hallucinated that he could perform a detailed metallurgical analysis on molten metal seen only on a video because he was a “jeweler” and that this somehow gave him a superpower that even real metallurgists do not posses.

It is not to be confused with the “Thermitic Lance” effect in which that same amateur performs a google search on the word "thermitic" and rushes to post his findings without actually reading them and having a clue what the hell he is talking about.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
That is not what you are being blamed for.

You are being blamed for continuing to see it that way even years after it has been proven it was not.
Well, blame away, if you must. The years have only shed more light on the farce that is the "official story".

You can split hairs as far as the hijackers go, but I'm telling you it was my PERSONAL trigger for looking further into the story. For others it was the appearance of demolition, for others WTC7, for others the size of the hole in the Pentagon, etc.

The hijackers were identified way too early to believe (first 2-3 days as I cited above). Were they ALL identified? Who could know at the time? MANY were, too many to ring true to me- especially coming from folks who had the audacity to state that no one had the slightest clue that something like this could even happen.

It was my personal first red flag- you can't really argue with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies