Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 01:21 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times

Advertisements

As predicted, the more people learn about what is really in the the Affordable Health Care for America Act (the real name of the legislation for the intellectually unlazy) the more they appear not so sure about repealing it.

Health Care Poll Finds Decreased Republican Support For Full Repeal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 01:32 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
As predicted, the more people learn about what is really in the the Affordable Health Care for America Act (the real name of the legislation for the intellectually unlazy) the more they appear not so sure about repealing it.

Don't tell me the TPers are changing their minds
Gonna be a lot of excuses coming over this one, should be interesting to hear them twist in the wind again.
Casper

Old 01-16-2011, 01:45 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
BS Lets take a look at all the polls, shall we. Not some slanted piece by the huffin puff.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Obama and Democrats' Health Care Plan

Old 01-16-2011, 01:51 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:

Oh no! Say it ain't so!

Old 01-16-2011, 01:55 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
BS Lets take a look at all the polls, shall we. Not some slanted piece by the huffin puff.
Not Huffington Post's poll, its AP's.

So forget Huffington, I give you the Boston Herald.

AP-GfK Poll: Opposition to health care law eases - BostonHerald.com (http://news.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view/20110116ap-gfk_poll_opposition_to_health_care_law_eases/srvc=home&position=recent - broken link)

As for looking at all the polls, not problem... after the game.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:15 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Not Huffington Post's poll, its AP's.

So forget Huffington, I give you the Boston Herald.

AP-GfK Poll: Opposition to health care law eases - BostonHerald.com (http://news.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view/20110116ap-gfk_poll_opposition_to_health_care_law_eases/srvc=home&position=recent - broken link)

As for looking at all the polls, not problem... after the game.
I know but I like a good shot at huff puff when I can get it.

DA BEARS.

Oh no Pretty boy just had his interception streak broken.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:22 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:

The mandate is questionable as constitutional. If it is declared such I'm sure the tea party will be blamed. So the cost analysis really does not mean much until it is decided legal

Old 01-16-2011, 09:41 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Default Only 1 in 4 Americans supports repeal of health care law

Quote:
Hard feelings over President Obama's healthcare overhaul have subsided, with only about 1 in 4 people supporting its repeal, an Associated Press-GfK poll has found.
Healthcare law: Opposition to healthcare law eases, poll finds - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-0117-healthcare-poll-20110117,0,4401137.story - broken link)

http://www.ap-gfkpoll.com/pdf/AP-GfK%20Poll%20011411.pdf (broken link)

Yes, Republicans will throw a bone to their base by voting to repeal the law, but then they'll drop the issue like a hot potato.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Healthcare law: Opposition to healthcare law eases, poll finds - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-0117-healthcare-poll-20110117,0,4401137.story - broken link)

http://www.ap-gfkpoll.com/pdf/AP-GfK%20Poll%20011411.pdf (broken link)

Yes, Republicans will throw a bone to their base by voting to repeal the law, but then they'll drop the issue like a hot potato.
I prefer my poll about this subject and think that if you compare the numbers for strongly oppose and strongly support in mine and yours you may find that the numbers are very much alike. Of course, mine is only for 1000 likely voters and yours states calling 1001.

At any rate Rasmussen says: voter support for repeal of the health care law remains high, as does belief that the measure is likely to be repealed.
One reason for that support is the view by 75% of voters that the health care law is likely to cost more than official estimates. Some supporters of the law say its repeal will drive up the federal budget deficit, but most voters believe repeal will either reduce or have no impact on government spending and the deficit.

Yep, yours says that only 52% want the thing repealed and mine says more like 56%. At any rate I fail to see how you get 1 in 4 want it done when yours says 52% want it. Maybe you can explain to me.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:48 PM

700 posts, read 638,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yep, yours says that only 52% want the thing repealed and mine says more like 56%. At any rate I fail to see how you get 1 in 4 want it done when yours says 52% want it. Maybe you can explain to me.
From the latimes article

"But as the House prepares to vote on repeal this week, public support for that has flagged. Only about 1 in 4 respondents said they wanted to do away with the law completely. Even among Republicans, repeal draws markedly less support than it did a few weeks ago: 49%, compared with 61% after the November election."

From the Ap poll

HC14a. What would you prefer Congress do with the new health care law?
Repeal it completely = 26%

I'm much more interested in these numbers though.

Change it so that it does MORE to change the health care system = 43%
Change it so that it does LESS to change the health care system = 10%

Considering the GOP was doing "what the American people want" when the numbers favored repeal, I wonder what they'll do now that the numbers sway toward strengthening the law as opposed to repealing it or watering it down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies