Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2011, 10:52 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,516,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Right. I am 50 and got a copy of my birth certificate two years ago without problem.
from the hospital? if so which hospital?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 11:03 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,055,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
ok then, i'll be curious how this pans out over the next couple days/weeks.

i find one thing funny tho. mike evans, the reporter who is making the claim, was born in honolulu. if he requests an official copy of his birth certificate he will receive........ a hawaiian COLB.
He would be able to get a copy of HIS LF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
They can't.

QED... they actually do have his original birth certificate.

There can't.

QED... there is a "long form."
I haven't heard that at all, in fact, now that Abercrombie has opened the can of worms, I sincerely doubt there is a LF.

Quote:
I have seen the birth certificate online. It's been there for more than 2 and 1/2 years.
You've seen a computer-generated copy of a COLB.

You haven't seen the LF.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He would be able to get a copy of HIS LF.
well then, email him and ask him to request a LF. his contact is available on his site

Evans Radio - The latest entertainment news and gossip

to date i've seen no evidence of a certified LF released by hawaii after 2001.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:15 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,122,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
No one is referring to the short form, this whole mess is about the actual long form birth document, complete with signatures, dates, doctor, etc.
No, it's not.

Birthers would very much like to move the goal posts and make it about the "long form," because they have no actual response to the fact the COLB absolutely legally settles the issue in every conceivable legitimate venue.

If Birthers were honest and it was actually even about eligibility for the Presidency.... something that has nothing to do with hospitals, or doctors, or signatures, or college transcripts... they would have admitted in June of 2008 that the COLB is what it is; proof of Obama's status as an NBC.

But all it really is is an attempt by people who hate this President to get some court to allow them to go on a fishing expedition for embarrassing nuggets in his private records.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha
If a simple signed release by the president would silence all his critics, and make them look like fools, why doesn't he just do it?
Several reasons, but the one relevant to the question as it was asked is that they already look like fools.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I meant the long form, sorry for the confusion.
You don't get to move the goal posts.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:19 AM

One small correction:

Quote:
under this criteria, every president of the united states would have been ineligible with the exception of four ( carter, clinton, g.w. bush and obama ). but then again, none of those four have released a form to the public containing a doctor's signature and name of a hospital.
Actually... only three. Bill Clinton was born in his home, not a hospital.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Right. I am 50 and got a copy of my birth certificate two years ago without problem.
Not from the hospital you didn't.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I haven't heard that at all, in fact, now that Abercrombie has opened the can of worms, I sincerely doubt there is a LF.
The Hawaii DoH called bull sh*t on your "doubts" more than two years ago:

http://hawaii.gov/health/about/pr/2008/08-93.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene
You've seen a computer-generated copy of a COLB.
Exactly as I said; his birth certificate.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
One small correction:

Actually... only three. Bill Clinton was born in his home, not a hospital.
there seems to be a bit of confusion over the fact that the house that clinton spent the first four years of his life is called the "President William Jefferson Clinton Birthplace Home National Historic Site" but all the info i've found to date lists clinton being born at julia chester hospital in hope arkansas.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
there seems to be a bit of confusion over the fact that the house that clinton spent the first four years of his life is called the "President William Jefferson Clinton Birthplace Home National Historic Site" but all the info i've found to date lists clinton being born at julia chester hospital in hope arkansas.
I stand completely corrected. His own autobiography (My Life) says:

Quote:
"Early on the morning of August 19, 1946, I was born under a clear sky after a violent summer storm to a widowed mother in the Julia Chester Hospital in Hope, a town of about six thousand in southwest Arkansas, thirty-three miles east of the Texas border at Texarkana."

You are correct sir!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies