Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 07:07 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

This LIBERAL disagrees with Mr. Limbaugh. Being personally armed is a fundamental part of being LIBERAL. I would never call for disarming conservative or any non-criminal segment of any population. I feel that I have been slandered and threatened by Mr. Limbaugh's proposal. Is he ready to take personal responsibility for any Liberals harmed by someone following his proposal? I doubt it.

Speech may be free but the consequences are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 07:08 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3531 View Post
Can you believe what Rush Limbaugh stated on his radio show today? I'm sure someone else heard his show earlier today in which he stated that if Americans wanted to put an end to violence then liberals should have their guns taken away. He said that if we got rid of liberals then American would rid itself of 90% of crime, 80% of hate and 100% of lies! I couldn't help but laugh and change the station. Is Limbaugh always this crazy or did I just tune in on one of his crazier shows?
That is the kind of partisan hackery that he sells, and that is what some people absorb like their lives depended on it. 100% of lies? That would make Limbaugh a liberal, wouldn't it?

Old 01-19-2011, 07:10 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Just like 100% of the republican base are inbred rednecks living in the trailer park?
The Limbaugh/Palin base is your typical southern white man with missing front teeth holding up a shotgun in one hand and a "No Estate Tax" sign in the other...

Old 01-19-2011, 07:12 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Isn't it funny how some members of the ubber-right, who are always getting exercised over their 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms, find Limbaugh's suggestion palatable?

Who would've guessed they'd be so much in favor gun control?

It's not surprising at all, just another typical example of the right's
'do as I say, not as I do' hypocrisy.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:33 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I did address his BS comment, you just didn't like what I had to say.
Casper
where? Perhaps I missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
The Limbaugh/Palin base is your typical southern white man with missing front teeth holding up a shotgun in one hand and a "No Estate Tax" sign in the other...

and....another lib with no argument, just personal attacks.

Honestly...it just makes you look bad. It makes you look like you can't argue so you just lash out.

Last edited by Calvinist; 01-19-2011 at 07:41 AM..

Old 01-19-2011, 07:39 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And that, folks, is a shining example of hateful rhetoric.
Now change every "Liberal" to "Conservative" change every "Left" to "Right" and THEN you will know what everyone left of Rush has been dealing with for years. I love it, if the speaker had been Left leaning the Right would be up in arms, a Rightie says it and the sheep lap it up, Hypocrisy at its best. As for civil, the far right has no intention of being civil and never has, they love the hate speech. Has anything changed since AZ, nope, and it won't. The far righties do not want it to change; they only want those they disagree with to stop pointing out the truth and the left to be civil to them. So, when you (the far right) whine when someone left of you is a little harsher in their post save your righteous indignation, no one is buying it.
Casper

Old 01-19-2011, 07:44 AM

657 posts, read 697,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
where? Perhaps I missed it.

and....another lib with no argument, just personal attacks.

Honestly...it just makes you look bad. It makes you look like you can't argue so you just lash out.
It's not even a personal attack, it's the truth.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:54 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3531 View Post
Can you believe what Rush Limbaugh stated on his radio show today? I'm sure someone else heard his show earlier today in which he stated that if Americans wanted to put an end to violence then liberals should have their guns taken away. He said that if we got rid of liberals then American would rid itself of 90% of crime, 80% of hate and 100% of lies! I couldn't help but laugh and change the station. Is Limbaugh always this crazy or did I just tune in on one of his crazier shows?
That was his "tweak of the day" for liberals.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:55 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
It's not even a personal attack, it's the truth.
"I know you are, but what am I?"

Honestly...do you have any actual, constructive input?

Old 01-19-2011, 08:26 AM

898 posts, read 827,796 times
Wow, the hate speech is strong in you leftists. I thought *you* were supposed to be the shining lights of gentility. Guess not. You're just typically full of rage and hatred for those with different views than your own. Look at the hate speech you use toward Limbaugh, Palin, Boehner, etc. You folks are walking a fine line with criminal hate speech and it's duly noted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies