Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2011, 04:25 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
What is the difference between the baby being outside of the vagina and being partially outside the vagina that makes it worse to people???
I know your question is rhetorical. No difference. It is murder. This just disgusts me. Worse, it hurts my heart. What kind of people kill babies?

This is the worst kind of evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 04:46 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I know your question is rhetorical. No difference. It is murder. This just disgusts me. Worse, it hurts my heart. What kind of people kill babies?

This is the worst kind of evil.
The kind that defend it by saying it is the womans legal right to do so

Old 01-19-2011, 04:51 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Why would someone who didn't want to be pregnant in the first place wait 6 months to abort?
Uhhh...maybe because she can't afford it right fast or because her health plan doesn't cover it?

Maybe because she has moral issues which must be addressed first?

Maybe because she's getting resistance from family?

Maybe because she was hounded off the sidewalk by the fundies the first time she tried to go to an abortion clinic?

There are a thousand reasons.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:53 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarySedici View Post
TOTALLY AGREE. Men do not like to use protective measures, thus women are at stake for the rest of their lifes. Making and raising a child means sacrifices. Worse case scenario, the unwanted child goes in fostercare, and WE, the taxpayer are paying 18 long years for their support, and education
If I'll have $1 for each child rised by a single mom, whithout the father being around, nor paying child support, I would be richer then Bill Gates.

So, abortions are the fault of the men?

May I point out that the decision to have sex, or not to have sex, rests entirely with the woman, except in instances of forcible rape.

It's pretty simple: If you don't want to be faced with these kinds of moral conundrums, keep your pants on.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:03 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Philadelphia doctor accused of murdering patient, newborns - CNN.com

This man is a butcher. I find the following information particularly troubling:

Gosnell, 69, is not a board-certified obstetrician or gynecologist. Two primary state agencies, the Department of Health and the Department of State, have oversight, a grand jury investigation found that health and licensing officials had received repeated reports about Gosnell's dangerous practices for two decades with no action taken, even after the agencies learned that women had died during routine abortions under Gosnell's care, the district attorney's statement said.
"What the (grand) jury found most troubling is that neither of those agencies took the time to investigate, to observe, to view, to go to the clinic itself since 1993".

Old 01-19-2011, 07:45 PM

745 posts, read 1,505,124 times
This guy was a murderer, plain and simple. The women were an accomplice to murder. I think even 24 weeks is way too much time to allow for abortions. Abortions for non-medical reasons should be allowed until 12 weeks. Abortions for medical reasons (fetus has a medical condition that is incompatible with life) should be allowed until 20 weeks gestation.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:07 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Katie Couric(CBS) reported it on the air tonight. I was surprised but they did. Also, Tiller did late term abortions up to the normal term of birth. When they said he did late term abortions they meant late term.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:35 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I don't hear people claiming that it's just fine and dandy to abort just before birth for any old reason whatsoever. I think a woman who tries to do that without cause is probably sick in the head, as would be the Dr, as are those who do kill their living children. However I'm absolutely pro-choice. And this Dr performed ILLEGAL abortions, which is why everyone is upset. If he had performed an abortion at 8 weeks nobody would be here.

Late term abortions are rare if for no other reason than there are few people who want them, few people who perform them, and very great pain and risk for the woman. If you still want to pretend it's happening all over the place then be my guest.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:53 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't hear people claiming that it's just fine and dandy to abort just before birth for any old reason whatsoever. I think a woman who tries to do that without cause is probably sick in the head, as would be the Dr, as are those who do kill their living children. However I'm absolutely pro-choice. And this Dr performed ILLEGAL abortions, which is why everyone is upset. If he had performed an abortion at 8 weeks nobody would be here.

Late term abortions are rare if for no other reason than there are few people who want them, few people who perform them, and very great pain and risk for the woman. If you still want to pretend it's happening all over the place then be my guest.
Abortions are legal up to 24 weeks.
For some strange reason,the woman loses the right to do with her body as she sees fit after that time.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:28 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Philadelphia doctor accused of murdering patient, newborns - CNN.com

This man is a butcher. I find the following information particularly troubling:

Gosnell, 69, is not a board-certified obstetrician or gynecologist. Two primary state agencies, the Department of Health and the Department of State, have oversight, a grand jury investigation found that health and licensing officials had received repeated reports about Gosnell's dangerous practices for two decades with no action taken, even after the agencies learned that women had died during routine abortions under Gosnell's care, the district attorney's statement said.
"What the (grand) jury found most troubling is that neither of those agencies took the time to investigate, to observe, to view, to go to the clinic itself since 1993".
Disturbing indeed. That repeated complaints were filed over more than a decade as well as a wrongful death suit and the state never even went to his facility/location to inspect. This is why bureaucracies fail every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies