Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2011, 10:18 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Actually I did and was chastised for it so rather than continue to use it I stopped.

Yes I think the right to own a gun is a fundamental right. Look at the abortion analogy to try to understand my concern.
That gun isn't going to work very well with only a 10 rnd. magazine. Do you think it is ok that Rep. McCarthy has created a "special class" of people in her legislation via the legal transfer of post-ban magazines (at pre-ban capacities) to retired LE or military only?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 10:20 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
You know the joke. "You live in NJ? What exit?"
The entire state of NJ is a joke. It's the largest bedroom community in the U.S.

Quote:
I looked to buy a vacation home there but the Deliverance vibe turned me off.
Please don't. We'd like to preserve what nature we have left

Old 01-20-2011, 10:20 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
That gun isn't going to work very well with only a 10 rnd. magazine. Do you think it is ok that Rep. McCarthy has created a "special class" of people in her legislation via the legal transfer of post-ban magazines (at pre-ban capacities) to retired LE or military only?

No. No one should be exempt.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
No. No one should be exempt.
So, knowing that firearms are not going to function properly with the 10 round magazines that Rep. McCarthy has proposed, and knowing that she has created a special class of people who may posses higher capacity post-ban magazines, are you in favor of H.R. 308 or against it?

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 01-20-2011 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: punct. correction

Old 01-20-2011, 10:26 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Nah, they are our (NJ/NY) teams, I can understand how that kind of thing is important when your from Texas. But when your from a state wth a little sophistication, it isn't so important.
Might I remind you who brought up the subject of football and the Cowboys. A person claiming to be of superior sophistication should slow down and learn how to spell "with" when trying to deflect embarrassment. There is no New Jersey Giants or New Jersey Jets, let's be clear about that fact. You may claim them as your teams but they're New York teams.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:27 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
So, to be clear, your cause is not to keep the 2nd Amendment as intact as possible. Is that correct?

You could have used the words "our cause" since you previously in this thread to be pro-gun rights. You did not. Very telling indeed.
LOL...owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The entire state of NJ is a joke. It's the largest bedroom community in the U.S. I bet a huge proportion of the residents either work in NYC or Philly

You would win your bet, we take enough money form both places to makes us the 2nd wealthiest state in the country.
We are laughing all the way to the bank.

256 posts, read 216,371 times
Quote:
Shall we apply that same logic to the other Constitutional amendments? Let's examine the First Amendment: should you give up your freedom of speech so that people can continue to worship freely? Maybe just the press should be restricted and regulated, or the internet, maybe we should brand certain kinds of rhetoric as unacceptable by law even though free speech is Constitutionally protected......
Very interesting analogy you used here. Are you not aware that certain types of speech are illegal?

Old 01-20-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Might I remind you who brought up the subject of football and the Cowboys. A person claiming to be of superior sophistication should slow down and learn how to spell "with" when trying to deflect embarrassment. There is no New Jersey Giants or New Jersey Jets, let's be clear about that fact. You may claim them as your teams but they're New York teams.

Ah, the typo police, sure sign of nothing to say. And I'll repeat when your from a place like Texas I am sure you need that kind of identity for self esteem purposes. It is enough for NJ that the teams play here. We don't care what they are called.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg So View Post
Very interesting analogy you used here. Are you not aware that certain types of speech are illegal?
Yes, and I believe it is an infringement on a Constitutional right and that we are headed down a slippery slope of regulated speech, media, and further infringements on freedom of religion as well. Constitutional rights are Creator given natural rights. The government does not grant them and it is not their place or their right to remove them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies