Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you admire Jim DeMint for taking a stand against gays?
Yes, I admire him for this 18 19.15%
No, I do not 71 75.53%
Not sure / No opinion 5 5.32%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 01:50 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrehm View Post
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry
That seems strange as I've noticed people chastising others no matter what "side" they are on. Are you able to point me to a few threads, maybe even similar to this, where a known "rightie" has made remarks and no righty called them out.

The very thread we're posting in right now?
I'm so far right you have to dial long distance to reach me. And I'm not the only one either. Unless "right" doesn't mean conservative anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 01:56 PM

537 posts, read 819,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I'm so far right you have to dial long distance to reach me. And I'm not the only one either. Unless "right" doesn't mean conservative anymore.
That depends on who you ask. Some people in my family are "right-wing" in the fiscal conservative sense. Other people, like those at World Net Daily, are "right-wing" in the mentally unhinged sense.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:08 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Not sure how you grasped that from her comment. Point is why does someone who is gay have to hide the fact that they are gay when someone who is straight doesn't have to hide the fact they are straight....
Noooooooooooooo....... enough of your nonsense .....the point is, their could be 1000 homosexuals at cpac, sitting amongst everyone else there. Me or no one else is going to inquire how they like their sex. Nor do I go around boasting about how I like mine. When homosexuals feel the need to travel & assemble as a group defined by the way they like sex, they are not going to have the welcome mat rolled out for them anymore that a group that likes sex with old ladies ,young girls, animals, straight up with lots of oil, standing on their heads in public places, etc.................. grow up and keep it to yourself.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:09 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
That seems strange as I've noticed people chastising others no matter what "side" they are on. Are you able to point me to a few threads, maybe even similar to this, where a known "rightie" has made remarks and no righty called them out.
Hell, I wasn't even sure you were on the right, but you were the only righty to take Digital Duck to task for his posts. As far as other threads, (including other portions of this thread), take a look at many posts made by the conservatives with high post totals (not sure if I can name names) and you will see quite a few of just out and out bigoted posts like the one you were critical of Digital Duck on, and you will virtually never see a poster on the right take them to task for it.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Noooooooooooooo....... enough of your nonsense .....the point is, their could be 1000 homosexuals at cpac, sitting amongst everyone else there. Me or no one else is going to inquire how they like their sex. Nor do I go around boasting about how I like mine. When homosexuals feel the need to travel & assemble as a group defined by the way they like sex, they are not going to have the welcome mat rolled out for them anymore that a group that likes sex with old ladies ,young girls, animals, straight up with lots of oil, standing on their heads in public places, etc.................. grow up and keep it to yourself.
More asinine bigotry, what a shock... Comparisons to pedophilia, bestiality

Why are you SO OBSESSED with the sex aspect of gay people? It really is amazing, you seem to be more obsessed with the sexual aspect of gay relationships than actual gay people are.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:13 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Thats because left handed people are no longer discriminated against for being left handed.......

I've got news for you... Everyone is discriminated against in one way or another. Whites are discriminated against in the construction industry. Blacks are discriminated against when they are pulled over by cops in a bad part of town. Just because some gays are discriminated against does not give you the right to go overboard.
Why do gays feel the need to make their sexuality a big deal? They are attention whores.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
More asinine bigotry, what a shock... Comparisons to pedophilia, bestiality

Why are you SO OBSESSED with the sex aspect of gay people? It really is amazing, you seem to be more obsessed with the sexual aspect of gay relationships than actual gay people are.
That seems to be the thinking among almost every anti-gay force out there. They seem to ignore the people's personality and go straight for condemning the "lifestyle."

Old 01-24-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
I've got news for you... Everyone is discriminated against in one way or another. Whites are discriminated against in the construction industry. Blacks are discriminated against when they are pulled over by cops in a bad part of town. Just because some gays are discriminated against does not give you the right to go overboard.
Why do gays feel the need to make their sexuality a big deal? They are attention whores.
Why does the Religious Right need to make their disapproval of gays such a big deal? They must be attention whores too, buy your logic.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:17 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
In that same vein, a public figure can stand at a podium with their loving wife/husband/children standing behind them and walk off stage holding hands.

Do you afford two men the same ability, or is that being a 'flaming homosexual'? What about slow dancing with their partner at an event? Kissing their partner after winning an election?
well there is a fine line. I am not trying to force my sexual views on gay people. But, MANY gay people feel the need to always tell the world that they are gay. They fly rainbow flags, march in gay pride parades, etc.
And, gays are much more likely to spread AIDS.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Its about equality, its really as simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies