Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you admire Jim DeMint for taking a stand against gays?
Yes, I admire him for this 18 19.15%
No, I do not 71 75.53%
Not sure / No opinion 5 5.32%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 06:32 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Racism, like other forms of bigotry, is an attitude that can be overcome by those willing to put in the mental effort.

Sexuality, like left-handedness, is part of what a person is. It can at best be suppressed and kept hidden.
first you try to equate yourselves with blacks now southpaws!? I dont know too many left handers that have been suppressing it or keeping it hidden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 06:46 PM

37,218 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
first you try to equate yourselves with blacks now southpaws!? I dont know too many left handers that have been suppressing it or keeping it hidden.

Nor should they, any more than gays should hide.

BTW...Silas...

Dane is absolutely not gay. I know this for a fact.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:00 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

BTW...Silas...

Dane is absolutely not gay. I know this for a fact.
He assumes that you must be gay if you're not anti-gay.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:23 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He assumes that you must be gay if you're not anti-gay.
nope dont know dont care just debating the position, I love everyone equally.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:26 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Why do conservative guys have such an interest in homosexuality?

Old 01-25-2011, 09:54 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I asked you before to please give us an example, but you ignored me.

Are you ready now...?
gay pride parades
gay rights groups
special laws that pertain to gays
gay unions that pressure judges and lawmakers. EVERY single time that gay marriage has been on a ballot it has been voted down. But gays weren't satisfied with that.
DADT was repealed because gay rights activists pressured Obama... not because it is good for tyhe military. Gays who are actually in the military were not on board with the repeal.

Gays act outlandish to get attention, and then they play the victim when anyone voices their dissent. If you don't agree with them then you are a bigot. Gays act different, but they want people to accept them as "normal"

Old 01-25-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
If "disagreement" means means that 10% of the population (gay people) are "sinners" who have fewer rights than the rest of us under the law, then yes. That's hate.

In response to

You wrote:

Then I wrote:

Are you following along?

At what time did "science" teach the earth was flat? Hint: scientists/scholars didn't teach this, unless maybe before the Egyptians, or if you include "Christian Science" in the 19th century...

And when the debate about whether the earth or the sun was the center of the solar system was going on, it was the religious ones slow to accept scientific fact. Galileo demonstrated and observed that we in fact revolve around the Sun, but had to recant his discovery to stay ok with the Catholic Church. I think we now know who was wrong on this matter, and it wasn't the scientist.

Same thing is going now with you. You are a religious person who is now dismissing current science because, well, "At one time science taught that the earth was flat and that the sun revolved around the earth; to put all of your faith in science is folly." That statement is factually inaccurate. And the actual history of the events you used demonstrates more that your religious views on gays do not coincide with science because your religious views are clouding your judgment. Just like religious views were clouding the judgment of those who could not accept that the sun was the center of the solar system. Get it now?

Your own example is more of a demonstration that you are wrong on this issue, not right. Your own example is an actually an example of selective historical memory (aka ignorance), and a distortion of the truth.

To ignore science because all your faith is in, well, faith is the folly we are seeing here.
Why don't you tell us what the "science" says. You make these statements, but you have no actual data.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:03 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
gay pride parades
gay rights groups
gay unions that pressure judges and lawmakers. EVERY single time that gay marriage has been on a ballot it has been voted down. But gays weren't satisfied with that.
DADT was repealed because gay rights activists pressured Obama... not because it is good for tyhe military. Gays who are actually in the military were not on board with the repeal.

Gays act outlandish to get attention, and then they play the victim when anyone voices their dissent. If you don't agree with them then you are a bigot. Gays act different, but they want people to accept them as "normal"
Nobody is forcing you to attend or watch pride parades.

Nobody is forcing you to have anything to do with gay rights groups.

There are no "special" laws pertaining to gays.

Gays do not act "different".

Gays are not playing the victim.

I could go on...however there is nothing in your post where anybody is forcing you to do anything.

Try again.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:11 PM

183 posts, read 459,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
gay pride parades
gay rights groups

You sound exactly like the Religious Right. They constantly take the most outrageous aspect of gay culture they can think of and try to paint all homosexuals like that.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:43 PM

[quote=seattlerain;17580511]Nobody is forcing you to attend or watch pride parades.
No, but it is covered in the news, TV, etc.

Nobody is forcing you to have anything to do with gay rights groups.

No, but why have them at all? there should be no such things as "gay rights" In the US we all have rights. Gay rights groups are not needed.

There are no "special" laws pertaining to gays. yes there is. there are "hate" laws that include gays but not straights. A crime is a crime!

Gays do not act "different". They don't?

Gays are not playing the victim. Seriously? What about the suicides? th hate laws? There are task force units that are patrolling our streets just because of gays. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

I could go on...however there is nothing in your post where anybody is forcing you to do anything.

I never said they were forcing me to DO anything! But, their actions are forcing people to react in some way. It is like bad drivers... I usually just beep my horn and go around them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies