Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 06:05 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,699,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
And you keep playing the victim, you think rules are for everyone but your Homosexuals.
I'm not playing the role of victim at all. I am speaking out against discrimination that I believe is wrong.

Your allegation that I think rules are for everyone but homosexuals is preposterous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeltCrystal View Post
Do you have statistics to back up your claim? Or are you just assuming?
"Blacks are much more likely to think that homosexuality is morally wrong (64%) than whites (48%) or Hispanics (43%)."

Most Still Oppose Gay Marriage, but Support for Civil Unions Continues to Rise - Pew Research Center

Old 01-28-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I did not realize that there were gay homeless people.

Is this a big problem?

If so, why not get some friends together and open a "gay friendly" shelter?

Why look toward the tax payer?
Oh yeah. We all know each other.

You're avoiding the fact that the government is funding the shelter in question. They're basically taking tax dollars from gays and then telling them that gays are not welcome. To me, this is obviously wrong.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:15 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,365,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm not playing the role of victim at all. I am speaking out against discrimination that I believe is wrong.

Your allegation that I think rules are for everyone but homosexuals is preposterous.
The guy said they were dismissed for breaking the rules but you can't take that you have to have it be a issue, this place did not deny Homosexuals from staying there.
These girls broke the curfew rule and at least one other and paid the price, why doesn’t the rules apply to them?

Old 01-28-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
The guy said they were dismissed for breaking the rules but you can't take that you have to have it be a issue, this place did not deny Homosexuals from staying there.
These girls broke the curfew rule and at least one other and paid the price, why doesn’t the rules apply to them?
Man, you're being blind. You're just ignoring the facts.

"Harris says the shelter would welcome non-practicing gay people, but even if the residents engage in sexual activity off the premises during their free time, he discharges them."

House of Mercy: No Practicing Gays Allowed | WRBL

Old 01-28-2011, 06:20 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,073,601 times
Quote:
Oh yeah. We all know each other.

You're avoiding the fact that the government is funding the shelter in question. They're basically taking tax dollars from gays and then telling them that gays are not welcome. To me, this is obviously wrong.
Another problem with government getting involved in our personal lives.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:31 PM

33,567 posts, read 37,182,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Wow nice work, you hit essentially every buzzword on the approved liberal rant sheet.

This is private property! PRIVATE, not YOUR property! They have the RIGHT to deny service to ANYONE. If the gays don't like it they can find another homeless shelter. They don't have a right to stay at that shelter.
No, they don't have a right to deny service to anyone...Do you think they could refuse blacks, and get away with it? Gays are among the last people in your country suffering from discrimination of all kinds, and it's time it stopped.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:31 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,365,382 times
Quote:
Man, you're being blind. You're just ignoring the facts.

"Harris says the shelter would welcome non-practicing gay people, but even if the residents engage in sexual activity off the premises during their free time, he discharges them."

House of Mercy: No Practicing Gays Allowed | WRBL
Your the one thats blind it was all a lie the women admit it had nothing to do with being Homosexual "Meanwhile, both women, now in other temporary housing, say the 'gay' rumors weren't even true. They say they were put out in the cold, along with their children, after a disagreement with a staff member"

And rules are rules if they only allow none practicing Homosexuals how would they know they are practicing unless they said it or were caught?
good grief the facts are there but your not looking this whole incident wasn't even about Homosexuals.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:34 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,838,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Appearances notwithstanding, it has been my experience that gay people just HAVE TO TELL other people about it. It's like some crazy compulsion or something.

20yrsinBranson
Do you talk about your girlfriend with your coworkers? What about if you meet a cool bud at the bar and he asks about your wife? Anyone ask you about your weekend plans and it start off with something along the lines that you and your girl are doing xyz?

So why the double standard?

Old 01-28-2011, 06:36 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,838,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
The homosexuals around here seem to be multiplying ........How dare a Christian Ministry have a rule that you can not practice any kind of homosexual behavior in front of the children.
Right because heterosexual acts in front of children are just as healthy. Sorry, but any sexual acts in front of children should not be tolerated...regardless of orientation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies