Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 04:28 PM

22,214 posts, read 19,504,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
You deem it a mere inconvenience. Many others deem it as another step toward confiscation. I'll defer to the lessons of history rather than the opinions of an anonymous internet poster when looking for guidance in issues involving my rights.

Ahh yes conspiracy theories.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 04:31 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,532,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The only people who registering a gun would negatively effect are those who want to illegally sell the gun on the black market and not be held responsible for crimes that are committed with the gun. It in no way will impact law abiding citizens ability to purchase a gun.

I encourage you to find an NRA Club in your area and go to a meeting, visit with them and get their point of view.

NO law abiding citizen wants or advocates a registry.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:31 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,015,086 times
Quote:
Ahh yes conspiracy theories.....
No, the realities of provable history. Feel free to remain unarmed if it's your preference. Do not however presume a right to impose your preferences on those of us that think otherwise.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:35 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,332,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
You don't have a right to instantaneous gun ownership. The only time-sensitive right you have is a "speedy trial"....
The Right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

There were no waiting periods when the Constitution was written.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
No, the realities of provable history. Feel free to remain unarmed if it's your preference. Do not however presume a right to impose your preferences on those of us that think otherwise.
Registration of guns does not = confiscating. Sorry I'm not delusional enough to believe that the U.S is Nazi Germany, no matter how much Glenn Beck thinks it is.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
I encourage you to find an NRA Club in your area and go to a meeting, visit with them and get their point of view.

NO law abiding citizen wants or advocates a registry.
Of course the NRA is against a gun registry, anything that holds gun owners responsible for things tht happen with their guns they are against.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It is you who needs to pay attention. My post was in reference to your post , "they sold guns to people who said they couldn't pass a background check ".

The article states, "The investigators participating in the mayor’s videotaped episode bought three guns, two of them after telling the Arizona sellers that they probably could not pass a federal background check.

Note the difference between the two. They couldn't and they probably couldn't.
Completely irrelevant to the fact that they could buy the guns legally.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:41 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,015,086 times
Quote:
Registration of funs does not = confiscating. Sorry I'm not delusional enough to believe that the U.S is Nazi Germany, no matter how much Glenn Beck thinks it is.
Right, you're just delusional enough to believe government is always benevolent and has never in recorded history abused the powers blindly ceded to it by an overly trusting citizenry. Nope, no delusions there.

For the record I am not at all a fan of Beck.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Right, you're just delusional enough to believe government is always benevolent and has never in recorded history abused the powers blindly ceded to it by an overly trusting citizenry. Nope, no delusions there.

For the record I am not at all a fan of Beck.
No, I just don't equate the U.S to Nazi Germany. I used Beck as an example because he loves to use the inane Nazi comparisons.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
How does registering a gun cause problems for gun owners?
When someone like Bloomberg gets to be in charge and decides he wants to treat guns like trans fats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies