Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does C-D Have a Conservative Bias?
Yes 91 43.13%
No 112 53.08%
Not Sure 8 3.79%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 04:12 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,998,071 times

Advertisements

I am usually on the left side of the political spectrum, but I have voted for Republicans in the past and agree with some conservative policies. That said, this forum feels like it is dominated by conservative viewpoints and I would like to know if others feel the same way?

I'm sure there will be conservatives that think there are more liberal views here, but I just don't see it based on all of the threads and posts that bash the President and people on the left side of the spectrum.

I've also noticed that there are threads/posts that bash conservatives, but they don't seem as common. The liberals on this site also seem to be more polite. I know there are exceptions however.

Thoughts?

Old 01-13-2011, 04:14 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
This forum no doubt has a very strong right lean.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:16 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,451,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific Swell View Post
I am usually on the left side of the political spectrum, but I have voted for Republicans in the past and agree with some conservative policies. That said, this forum feels like it is dominated by conservative viewpoints and I would like to know if others feel the same way?

I'm sure there will be conservatives that think there are more liberal views here, but I just don't see it based on all of the threads and posts that bash the President and people on the left side of the spectrum.

I've also noticed that there are threads/posts that bash conservatives, but they don't seem as common. The liberals on this site also seem to be more polite. I know there are exceptions however.

Thoughts?
I think the liberals are a bit outnumbered but not that much? Plus it's always easier to play offense than defense in politics. Once the Republicans have had the House for a while and start trying to destroy America I promise, as Minority Leader of the City-Data Liberal Caucus, that we'll be louder

Old 01-13-2011, 04:19 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
No. I've posted many of the same polls that Gallup has conducted, and the results are almost always nearly identical. We have an excellent cross-section of America here.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:19 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:

Thoughts?
I guess it depends on your perspctive. I see Conservatives bashed daily .

Last edited by wjtwet; 01-13-2011 at 04:33 PM..

Old 01-13-2011, 04:22 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
Do a quick google search about the C-D politics section, you'll be shocked at the number of threads on other websites you'll find from former members that were suspended and/or banned for next to nothing, and they almost all are from the same side of the political isle.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:23 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This forum no doubt has a very strong right lean.
Compared to your takes? Yes, there is a very strong right lean.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:25 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Does C-D Have a Conservative Bias?
You know, I really don't see how you can say that. Just take a gander at the DIVERSE threads on this forum. You have every issue that both the right and left can think of, in multiples most of the time.

Basically every issue in the days news is reflected on this board.

Last edited by sanrene; 01-13-2011 at 04:56 PM..

Old 01-13-2011, 04:28 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No. I've posted many of the same polls that Gallup has conducted, and the results are almost always nearly identical. We have an excellent cross-section of America here.
I agree, although there are some issues that CD usually tends to be more left leaning on. Abortion, for one, usually polls more pro-choice here than in the United States at large.

I've seen conservative posters post polls like this before. They often complain about being banned or suspended for a short time.

I know what the OP is seeing. It appears as people that post often quite a few times are conservative, but if you look its the same 10 or so posters with what appears to be an obvious political goal in mind.

That is.

a. Disrupting debate that could be seen as derogatory to the Republican party

and

b. Posting about every single slip up from the Democratic party.

I disagree with somethings that are limited for debate here, and I hope that in the future that posts that don't meet the TOS are deleted instead of entire threads. But most of the time, this forum is right down the middle.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:33 PM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:

Thoughts?

The left thinks that everything right of Mao is conservative.

It is simply a reflection of the warped political spectrum in the US today in which JFK, a "liberal" in the 1960s, would be considered to be a far right winger today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies