Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 10:23 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Is that really polarization, or the reality of a president making difficult decisions that proved pretty necessary to deal with a crisis but not necessarily popular?

Now that we're in full economic recovery, you'll see this gap continue to diminish. His second year is a distant memory by this point and his approval ratings are already above 50%, which is pretty astounding.

When you lose my trust, you never get it back.

I'm sure... No, I'm positive I'm not alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2011, 10:27 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
You need to learn to search them better.

You also failed to mention that the ONLY person who CLAIMS this has been exposed as a liar several times before.
Hey, are we enemies just because I have a different viewpoint? You are accusing me of deliberating failing to do things you think I should do. I don't have to do anything for you. According to FactCheck, the person wasn't trustworthy to their standards. YOU are the one labeling them a liar because you agree with that assessment. I can hold a different opinion and I sure don't need your approval.

You might want to learn to discuss without insult and accusation.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:38 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Basically he appealed to the madening mob and basically demonized many important parts of society. He is paying the distrust cost now that he needs those segments to make gains in the economy. The most sad part is that the madeenign mon he appealed to is probably paying the most for it.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:39 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Hey, are we enemies just because I have a different viewpoint? You are accusing me of deliberating failing to do things you think I should do. I don't have to do anything for you. According to FactCheck, the person wasn't trustworthy to their standards. YOU are the one labeling them a liar because you agree with that assessment. I can hold a different opinion and I sure don't need your approval.

You might want to learn to discuss without insult and accusation.

Well, when you repeat a lie, your motives are suspect.

You said Bush definitely said those words didn't you?

Now it comes out that only ONE PERSON claims he said it AND that one person has been exposed as a liar in the past.

But you passed it off as the gospel truth which is rather dishonest.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:57 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Basically he appealed to the madening mob and basically demonized many important parts of society. He is paying the distrust cost now that he needs those segments to make gains in the economy. The most sad part is that the madeenign mon he appealed to is probably paying the most for it.
Don't expect them to ever understand that.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:36 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Is that really polarization, or the reality of a president making difficult decisions that proved pretty necessary to deal with a crisis but not necessarily popular?

Now that we're in full economic recovery, you'll see this gap continue to diminish. His second year is a distant memory by this point and his approval ratings are already above 50%, which is pretty astounding.
Very unpopular at the time and still are for the very simple reason his ideas DIDN'T WORK.

That's why he needed stimulus 2 and 3 in an attempt to bail himself out.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:55 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
The Bush comment we cite is still very divisive. Its application to foreigners was not considered though now duly noted.

As for the CofC, I thought foreign money was illegal. Why we fund elections the way we do is insane anyway!

As for unions contributing to elections, two wrongs don't make a right. Neither they nor corporations should be funding campaigns. But if I had a choice, I would allow unions because they represent the people (debatable now that unions have become such large monsters). Corporations are not people and never will be. If there was a union of executives, then I might allow that, but unless somebody can convince me otherwise, I will never side with business over the people.

The rise of RW radio and obviously biased media (at all points in the political spectrum) has, I think, changed the way in which politics is discussed. I would prefer the bias be removed and media perform their journalistic duties without any slant, but now that that Pandora's box has been opened, I think it should be fair game to call them out on their poor judgment. If I were Obama, I'd probably do the same thing but only because I'd want the bias removed and the truth to reign supreme. The opinions should be those of an educated populace, not the talking heads on television with an agenda.

Eventually, things should go to the center. Our problems in all these areas seem to be "solved" with things that cause more problems!
The CoC can collect membership dues from whatever sources they want. As long as their bookkeeping is legit, there are no problems. Not even John Podesta who made the accusation that the CoC used foreign money to fund attack ads was completely convinced of the truth in that statement.
Foreign Money? Really? | FactCheck.org
Now if you really want to delve into it, maybe we should be allowed to audit ACORN to see whether our taxpayer money is funding their political agendas. Or, let's audit Planned Parenthood to make sure more taxpayer money isn't funding their abortion services, shall we?

If we want to take political funding away from corporations, then we should also take it away from unions. I'd have no problems with that whatsoever. I also disagree with how our political elections are funded and would love to see ALL special interests removed, not just the ones I disagree with.

Regarding your statements about RW radio, we have freedom of speech and freedom of the press in this country and I DON'T see that changing any time in the near future. Would you honestly be happy to disallow RW news sources from speaking their collective minds? Is that what you want, censorship???

Old 02-05-2011, 02:58 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The "polarization" is a reflection on the sourpuss attitudes of the Right. Nothing more, nothing less.
Yes, the Righties (who are always right about everything all the time) are still in a ballistic state of rage, and will stay like that until the day that they are in control of everything and everybody.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:49 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Yes, the Righties (who are always right about everything all the time) are still in a ballistic state of rage, and will stay like that until the day that they are in control of everything and everybody.

You DO, I hope, realize that you're referring to the very same majority of people who got Obama elected right???

Without the Independent's vote, he'd have lost.

Now he's lost the Independents.

To reach nearly 70% there simply aren't enough "angry righties" to get to that number.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:46 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,451 times
Quote:
Democraps? Really? Enjoy high school while you can. It goes fast.
I think apolgies to "crap" are in order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies