Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2011, 10:19 AM

26,578 posts, read 14,482,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
The article is from over two years ago. Has it happened yet? Nope.
but not because they were "sealed".

Old 02-07-2011, 10:20 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,405,177 times
I guess instead of trying to name a single current judge, congressman, constitutional scholar or law professor that agrees with the birthed interpretation of the natural born citizen clause to prove me wrong, ergo instead makes REALLY weird analogies, apparently calling the 14th Amendment gay and continuing to show he's not interested in truth or reasoned debate, but to continue his political ranting to make President Obama look illegitimate.

It's not working.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:22 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,099,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
I guess instead of trying to name a single current judge, congressman, constitutional scholar or law professor that agrees with the birthed interpretation of the natural born citizen clause to prove me wrong, ergo instead makes REALLY weird analogies, apparently calling the 14th Amendment gay and continuing to show he's not interested in truth or reasoned debate, but to continue his political ranting to make President Obama look illegitimate.

It's not working.
Remember... roughly half of Ergohead's posts are completely inscrutable. Sometimes he drops a relevant nugget worth responding to, but mostly he just randomly free associates.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:29 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,624,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
There has never been any more or any less reason to question eligibility for previous Presidents than there is with Obama. The Birther movement is fundamentally founded on deliberate lies... complete fabrications.

It has never for the tiniest fraction of a second been based on a genuine "reason."
So there have been other presidents with parents from other countries that openly admit to being educated in a foreign school while living overseas as a child? And those presidents have not been able to locate their birth certificates?

Old 02-07-2011, 10:34 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,987,917 times
What other (white) president has ever been subjected to the nonsense of a birther bill?

This is such a stupid premise and thread from the very onset!

First of all.....(white) has to be put in the question? Really?

There's only ever BEEN White Presidents until Obama.

Secondly, I can't even think of any other President who's citizenship came into question before.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:37 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,384,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
What other (white) president has ever been subjected to the nonsense of a birther bill?

This is such a stupid premise and thread from the very onset!

First of all.....(white) has to be put in the question? Really?

There's only ever BEEN White Presidents until Obama.

Secondly, I can't even think of any other President who's citizenship came into question before.
Also, this president has not been subjected to a bill...

Some questions have been raised and a future bill could add some clarity.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:37 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,913,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
So there have been other presidents with parents from other countries that openly admit to being educated in a foreign school while living overseas as a child? And those presidents have not been able to locate their birth certificates?
Maybe not presidents, but candidates, yes.

George Romney, R, lived in Mexico for part of his childhood. Lowell Weicker, R, was born in Paris to American parents. I can't find anything about how long his family lived there. Probably lots more. Hell, Clinton was an exchange student at Oxford while in college.

No one was ever asked to produce a BC until Obama.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:38 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,987,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
There has never been any more or any less reason to question eligibility for previous Presidents than there is with Obama. The Birther movement is fundamentally founded on deliberate lies... complete fabrications.

It has never for the tiniest fraction of a second been based on a genuine "reason."

I never gave the Birther movement even a second of thought UNTIL the Governor of Hawaii came out and said he couldn't find Obama's Birth Certificate.

Considering that his entire reason for opening that can of worms was to put an end to the questions and that he's a good friend of Obama, it then started me wondering.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:41 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,624,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Maybe not presidents, but candidates, yes.

George Romney, R, lived in Mexico for part of his childhood. Lowell Weicker, R, was born in Paris to American parents. I can't find anything about how long his family lived there. Probably lots more. Hell, Clinton was an exchange student at Oxford while in college.

No one was ever asked to produce a BC until Obama.
Is it our fault the dems weren't bright enough to think of it before?

Old 02-07-2011, 10:42 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,913,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
I never gave the Birther movement even a second of thought UNTIL the Governor of Hawaii came out and said he couldn't find Obama's Birth Certificate.

Considering that his entire reason for opening that can of worms was to put an end to the questions and that he's a good friend of Obama, it then started me wondering.
Except that he didn't say that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies