Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 10:20 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Rude as usual - even exceeding my expectations this time. Kudos to you!

It is not just 'stupid family nonsense' as others believe in family values as well. How in the world would a place be ruined by 'family friendly' ways? That is just ridiculous.

I firmly believe in family values and having fun. Your description for my life - no thanks. I live in a beautiful area, enjoy great meals at fabulous restaurants (especially the ones where the owners are our friends) or fun gatherings at my house. I enjoy riding my horse in the afternoons and early evening booze cruises on our boat to watch the sunset over the marsh, a good game of golf at our club on the weekends and watching our musician friends play at local bars on some weekend nights. Private parties on my friends yacht are also a plus. Also, hard work in the business we own. All of this surrounded by people with values and class.

You can keep San Francisco, don't worry, I would never want to visit. My area is more than prosperous, beautiful and full of life.
well fiddle de dee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 10:20 PM

277 posts, read 166,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Read the article. It is reported as a problem to the families living in the neighborhood. I didn't specify a number.
But you did say "a whole district", so to me that means a lotta nude people running around. Unless of course a whole district only means 12 or so to you? Just sayin'.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:22 PM

446 posts, read 649,515 times
Peoples' outrage over other cultures and lifestyles, like this one, is funny and sad at the same time. As long as there ain't no inappropriate sexual conduct with minors, I see no problem with the nudism. The human body is nothing to be ashamed of, after all. Well, maybe there is one thing: I hope they put a cloth between their naked cheeks and park benches/public seating!

Old 02-10-2011, 10:41 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by campfire View Post
But you did say "a whole district", so to me that means a lotta nude people running around. Unless of course a whole district only means 12 or so to you? Just sayin'.
I meant that the naked men parade around the "whole district" not just confined to a parade route on a particular day, which I was contrasting it to. I had no idea how many men are involved, but its enough to cause area residents to be upset with the fact that no one does anything about it. Twelve or two hundred - still not right.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:55 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Well, gee. How would you like 12 guys wandering naked around your neighborhood and nobody stops them?
I wouldn't care, especially if it was a neighborhood hundreds or thousands of miles away. But then again, I'm not afraid of sexuality.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:20 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I wouldn't care, especially if it was a neighborhood hundreds or thousands of miles away. But then again, I'm not afraid of sexuality.
But I thought it wasn't about "sex?"

"And the one's who see sex in every naked body, low cut shirt, and tight pair of pants accuse everyone else of being perverts."

Old 02-10-2011, 11:34 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
Quote:
YIKES! I thought the Gay Parades were bad enough, but at least people have a good chance of finding out ahead of time and probably be able to avoid the area that day. But, this is a whole district, where gay men, apparently just parade around in the buff, calling those who don't like it, "prudes!" They tell those that don't like it, to move. But, not everyone can just pick up and move out of town all that easily. And they shouldn't have to. From this article, it sounds like P.C. inhibits people from standing up to put an end to this, what must be, illegal activity.

I find this disgusting. Fortunately I don't live there. Now, I don't even want to visit SFO anymore. Responsible gays should work to do something to put an end to this. Does nothing to help promote a positive image.

"Debating nudity with the naked guys in the Castro is like playing tennis against a brick wall. No matter what you send over the net, the return is always the same:

It is your fault.

You are the one who is offended, who is fretting about what 5-year-olds will think. They are free and natural. You are prudish and intolerant.

The nudie boys, who live in the Castro, can carry on this discussion for hours to push their organized cause - the Free Body Culture movement - a mumbo-jumbo philosophy about making San Francisco safe for our repressed nude selves."

Read more: The naked truth about nudity in the Castro

The naked truth about nudity in the Castro
OY VEY....and you all wonder why I as a gay guy start the more positive gay threads. WELL...this thread is why.

I can tell you most pedophiles are STRAIGHT. Remember the old TV show.....ALL IN THE FAMILY...How did that go...DON'T JUDGE A WHOLE GROUP OF PEOPLE BY THE ACTIONS OF A FEW!!!!!...Repeat after me!

And they say I have an agenda....ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

USATODAY.com - Who are the child molesters among us?

Old 02-10-2011, 11:49 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post

Sadly it is a mental disorder that gets inflicted upon the rest of us. Isn't there a large island somewhere they could all go??????

See now......I don't call right wing conservatives mentally disturbed...(though with these posts I'm tempted)

How can this country ever fix our problems with that type of blanket rhetoric and judgemental attitude!. SIGHS>>>>. Maybe we should just split the country in half....I got dibbs....I take the East....LOL...

Old 02-11-2011, 12:28 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
I call BS on this... I live in San Francisco, visit the Castro from time to time, and have NEVER seen a naked person just randomly wandering around. Nice try. Baker Beach is "clothing optional," but that's in the Presidio district & certainly not limited to gay folks - in fact, the last time I encountered a group of naked guys there, it was quite clear they were straight (based on their comments to me, a woman).

P.S. When you refer to "SFO," you are referring to the San Francisco International Airport - and I'm pretty sure they don't allow nudity at the airport, so your innocent virgin eyes should be safe there.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:53 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
A group of people crying for attention. That's what I see. And really, I don't actually see it at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies